Penn Jillette says he won't debate the Conservapedian who issued the debate challenge on the existence of God because he has friends who are Christians whom he loves/respects and he won't debate the Conservapedian because he doesn't believe the Conservapedian means what he/she says about the existence of God, but on the other hand he/she might, but he needs to see more evidence of it.
Penn Jillette, here is the evidence you claim you need to debate me
I, User: Conservative, the issuer of the Consrvapedia debate challenge on the existence of God, largely created Conservapedia's atheism article which is approximately 53 written pages long and has over 300 footnotes. In addition, I largely created Conservapedia's evolution article which is approximately 45 written pages long and has over 300 footnotes.
Now that we have that cleared up, let the written debate of "Does God exist?" begin and I am giving you until November 20, 2011 to fully prepare mind and body for the debate so you are debating at "full atheist power" (please see: Conservapedia's challenge to atheist Penn Jillette). Given the weakness of atheism, I strongly suspect at this point you will soon come up with another excuse on why you won't debate me. However, I don't believe this is the real issue and the section below should settle this matter.
The written debate will be between Penn Jillette and two atheists of his choosing and myself and two Christians of my choosing. I prefer written debates as I believe they offer the audience the maximum amount of information to render a decision. Oral debates are often subject to the participants' memories and also do not allow additional research to be done on particular points (Please see: Conservapedia's challenge to atheist Penn Jillette).
Penn Jillette's lack of formal debates with Bible believing Christians and upcoming deadline
Previously, Conservapedia said "if Jillette declines to debate Conservapedia we certainly strongly encourage him to seek out the strongest Bible believer opponent who is willing to publicly debate him concerning the existence of God". Of course, it appears unlikely Penn Jillette will "seek out the strongest Bible believer opponent who is willing to publicly debate him concerning the existence of God" given the utter weakness of the atheist position and his contradictory and poor response to Conservapedia's debate offer concerning the existence of God. Conservapedia suggested that he hold such a debate by November 20, 2011 which he has yet to do so far (see: Conservapedia's challenge to atheist Penn Jillette).
- Evidence for Christianity
- Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
- Atheism and Debate
- Instances of Richard Dawkins ducking debates
- Theory of Evolution and Cases of Fraud, Hoaxes and Speculation
- Atheism and deception
- Irreligion and superstition
- Creation scientists tend to win the creation vs. evolution debates
- Atheism and health
- Atheism and obesity
Satire and comedy articles:
- This year's best atheist debaters - satire
- Penn Jillette's walrus slide vs. thin Christian lady dancers - satire
- Indian Christian culture is better than low class atheist "culture" - satire
- Does Richard Dawkins have machismo? - satire
- Comedy and satires concerning atheism and evolution (large collection of comedy/satire concerning atheism and evolution)
- Conservapedia challenges atheist Penn Jillette to debate - YouTube video
- Atheist Penn Jillete - new magic trick - turns himself into a chicken - YouTube video