Eugène Ferdinand Victor Delacroix (1798-1863) French Romantic painter (For some the most important of the French Romantic painters). Delacroix was celebrated for the use of expressive color that influenced later painters, notably the Impressionists. As a lithographer, he illustrated works of Shakespeare, Walter Scott and Goethe.
The veritable tradition in great things is not to repeat what others have done, but to rediscover the spirit that created these great things - and creates utterly different things in different times. Paul Valéry.
Traveling in North Africa and Spain he was influenced to produce paintings that are exuberant and lush.
Christ on the lake Genezareth
- Painting Masterpieces
- Painting Schools
- Gallery of French Masterpieces
- Famous French paintings
- Romantic paintings
- Eugene Delacroix Gallery - 242 items Art.com
- Eugène Delacroix Catholic Encyclopedia.
- http:// www. eugenedelacroix. org/ Ferdinand Victor Eugène Delacroix (Note: PLEASE JOIN THE URL TO MAKE IT WORK.)
- http://www. eugenedelacroix. org/the-complete-works.html Paintings of Eugene Delacroix (SAME)