FISA abuse timeline
- Main article: Obama administration FISA abuse
- 15 October. John Carlin's last day. DOJ-NSD Principle Deputy Asst. Attorney General Mary McCord replaces Carlin. It was specifically John Carlin’s responsibility to ensure a valid legal basis for the FISA application submitted to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC).
- 20 October. Adm. Mike Rogers was briefed by the NSA compliance officer on findings from the 702 NSA compliance audit. The audit had uncovered numerous “About” Query violations (Senate testimony).
- 21 October. Rogers shut down all “About Query” activity. He reported his findings to the DOJ (Senate testimony & inferences from Court Ruling).
- Same day, the DOJ & FBI seek and receive a Title I FISA probable cause order authorizing electronic surveillance on Carter Page from the FISA Court. At this point, the FISA Court is unaware of the Section 702 violations.
- 10 October. The Federalist: Anti-Trump alleged "whistleblower" attorney threatened to use his clients’ intelligence capabilities to dox a random Twitter user who irritated him.
- 22 November. The Washington Post Helps Identify FBI Lawyer Who Altered FISA Docs
- 6 December. Joe diGenova: What To Expect From The Horowitz IG Report.
- 8 December. Jeff Carlson: An Examination of the Irregularities in the FBI’s FISA Application on Carter Page.
- 20 December. Jeff Carlson: Top FISA Court Judge Condemns FBI for Providing ‘False Information’ to Court, Demands Prompt Government Response.
- 21 December: CTH: Did Mueller Place Special Counsel CYA in Report Footnote? – Proactive Distancing from Known Clinesmith Wrongdoing.