Headquartered in New York City, the Ford Foundation is a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) organization and one of the largest foundations in the world with over $10 billion in assets. The foundation was founded by the conservative automobile tycoon Henry Ford in 1936. Today it donates to thousands of organizations worldwide but has donated largely to leftist groups. They are truly a money hub for far-left, radical liberal groups.
The Ford family has not been involved with the foundation since 1976 when Henry Ford II left the board of trustees in disgust in 1977. He wrote in his resignation letter: “the foundation is a creature of capitalism, a statement that, I’m sure, would be shocking to many professional staff people in the field of philanthropy. It is hard to discern recognition of this fact in anything the foundation does. It is even more difficult to find an understanding of this in many of the institutions, particularly the universities, that are the beneficiaries of the foundation’s grant programs.” 
The shift to the far-left continues today. In 2010 alone, it allocated large contributions to George Soros-backed organizations such as Center for American Progress ($1,000,000) and Media Matters for America ($500,000), who recently "declared war" on Fox News. Other notable far-left groups it donated to include New Israeli Fund ($5,000,000), Astraea Foundation ($2,300,000), Global Rights ($2,000,000) and Amnesty International ($1,000,000).
The foundation's leadership:
- Irene Hirano Inouye, Chairman
- Luis A. Ubiñas, President
- Kofi Appenteng, Partner, West Africa Fund
- Tim Berners-Lee, Professor at MIT and founder of the World Wide Web
- Afsaneh M. Beschloss, President and Chief Executive Officer at The Rock Creek Group
- Martin Eakes, CEO at Center for Responsible Lending
- Juliet V. García, President, University of Texas at Brownsville Brownsville, Tex.
- J. Clifford Hudson, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer at Sonic Corporation
- Yolanda Kakabadse, Senior Adviser, Fundación Futuro Latinoamericano
- Robert S. Kaplan, Professor, Harvard Business School and Senior Director at Goldman Sachs
- Thurgood Marshall Jr., Partner, Bingham McCutchen and son of famous liberal US Justice Thurgood Marshall
- N.R. Narayana Murthy, Chairman Emeritus at Infosys Limited
- Peter A. Nadosy, Managing Partner at East End Advisors, LLC
- Cecile Richards, President, Planned Parenthood
- Ford Foundation bio
- Ford Foundation's Board of Trustees
- The Ford Foundation's donations retrieved from Guidestar, the database of IRS filings filed by non-profit organizations.
- The Billions of Dollars That Made Things Worse