Glenn Beck is a conservative and libertarian talk-radio host and television anchor employed by Fox News.  His radio show, The Glenn Beck Program, is syndicated by over 230 radio stations across the United States. His television show, Glenn Beck, appeared daily on CNN Headline News, before he switched to FOX, during the 6:00 p.m. hour (EDT).
Beck is the author of five books, including The Real America: Messages from the Heart and Heartland and three #1 New York Times Bestsellers, An Inconvenient Book: Real Solutions to the World's Biggest Problems, The Christmas Sweater, Common Sense: The Case Against an Out-of-Control Government, Arguing With Idiots, and most recently Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth, and Treasure.
Earnings and Book Deal
BusinessInsider.com estimated Beck will make $18 million in 2009 Now with the signing of his new book deal with Simon & Schuster, he will be given a larger share in the profits of each book, as well as increased creative control.
Liberal attempts to silence Beck
Liberal activism groups attempted to silence Beck by pushing his advertisers to abandon his program, after he alleged that Barack Obama is racist against white people, and that he hates white culture. This prompted "RedState" to defend Beck and call for a boycott of the advertisers on his show who were hoodwinked into boycotting it by the liberal elite.
The publicity over the attempts on Beck's popularity achieved a result that the liberals cannot have intended: Beck was featured on the cover of Time magazine, and in a final insult to liberal pride; he is depicted sticking his tongue out at the reader. Beck, however, was less than pleased with the Time cover: He stated that Time ought to have featured the large crowds attending the September 12 March on Washington and not him on its cover.
On August 28th, 2010, Glenn Beck hosted his Restoring Honor to America rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Google attempted to mislead attendees by changing its location in Google Maps to the Roosevelt Memorial days before the rally.
Known favorite associations
Beck frequently has Judge Andrew Napolitano appear as a guest on his program. Judge Napolitano has even hosted the Glenn Beck show himself when Mr. Beck was on assignment.
In 2009, Beck launched the 9/12 project, a project aimed at recovering America's Christian founding values, closely allied with the Tea Party Movement. On September 12, 2009 (9/12), a massive Taxpayer March on Washington was accomplished, with hundreds of thousands of attendees, and was roundly censored by the liberal media.
The Project's 9 Principles, 12 Values
The 9 Principles:
- America Is Good.
- I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
- I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
- The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
- If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
- I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
- I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
- It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
- The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The 12 Values: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, Gratitude
- Glenn Beck Leaving CNN for Fox News AP, October 16, 2008
- Fox News' Glenn Beck strikes ratings gold by challenging Barack Obama p.3
- Glenn Beck. (2008). An Unlikely Mormon: The Conversion Story of Glenn Beck [DVD]. Deserest Book.
- Glenn Beck's Cash Machine
- Wall St. Journal; New Deal Gives Beck Share in Book Profits