Helen Thomas (August 4, 1920 - July 20, 2013) in Wincester, Kentucky, was a liberal anti-war  biased columnist that was part of the White House Press Corps for several decades. She has a history of making anti-semitic remarks and has even compared the state of Israel to the Nazis. On May 27, 2010 Thomas couldn't hide her ignorance and racism towards Jews by saying [the "Palestinian" people] "are occupied and it's their land" and that Jews in Israel should "go home"—to Poland, Germany, America "and everywhere else."  In September 2010, Thomas received the lifetime achievement award from Muslim group CAIR. In December 2010, she stood by her remarks and also claimed that "Congress, the White House and Hollywood, Wall Street are owned by the Zionists."
On August 4, 2009, Helen celebrated a joint birthday with President Barack Obama. "Obama sat beside Thomas for a picture after she blew out one candle and said she told him her birthday wishes were 'world peace and a real health care reform bill.'" 
Thomas, who had covered the White House since the John F. Kennedy administration, said she is retiring immediately following her anti-Semitic statements about Israel, Hearst Newspapers, her employer, reported on June 7, 2010. Thomas died in Washington, D.C. on July 20, 2013 at age 92.
- Helen Thomas Smacked Down by Press Secretary Perino, Noel Sheppard, NewsBusters, December 1, 2007
- Helen Thomas Leads Pack of Reporters in Pressing Iraq Pullout, Ken Shepherd, July 12, 2007
- Video; Helen Thomas tells Jews to go back to Germany
- FOXNews, June 4, 2010
- Helen Thomas receiving lifetime achievement award from CAIR, TheHill, September 9, 2010
- Obama Joins Reporter Helen Thomas to Celebrate Birthdays, With Cupcakes, Associated Press, 'Foxnews.com', August 04, 2009
- Helen Thomas to Retire 'Effective Immediately'