A hero is a literary figure who is a person of virtue, and usually the protagonist of a story. They usually believe in honour and have strong morals. A well-known example of a hero would be Luke Skywalker from the Star Wars films.
It also means:
- A person noted for special achievement in a particular field.
- A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life. 
- The name of a character in Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare.
- Hero of Alexandria, a first century Greek engineer/inventer
- Hero, in Greek myth, was the priestess of Aphrodite for whom her lover Leander swam the Hellespont each night.
- Gallery of American Heroes
- Fictional American Heroes
- Gallery of British Heroes
- Bravery, Duty, Courage
- Memorial Day, Veterans Day, Remembrance Day
- Oath Keepers - Support and defend the unalienable rights of America
- A darker protagonist, the anti-hero
- Hero TheFreeDictionary.