Difference between revisions of "Hollywood values"
(moved Andy Dick from offensive to crime)
(added flagrant disregard for the U.S. military)
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
* family responsibilities, like childrearing<ref>[[Britney Spears]] "doesn't want [her] kids back." [http://www.nypost.com/seven/02132008/news/nationalnews/brit_doesnt_want_her_kids__1st_ex_97425.htm]</ref>
* family responsibilities, like childrearing<ref>[[Britney Spears]] "doesn't want [her] kids back." [http://www.nypost.com/seven/02132008/news/nationalnews/brit_doesnt_want_her_kids__1st_ex_97425.htm]</ref>
* laws that apply to everyone else
* laws that apply to everyone else
Revision as of 17:06, March 9, 2010
Hollywood values are characterized by decadence, narcissism, rampant drug use, extramarital sex leading to the spread of sexually-transmitted disease, lawlessness and death. A poll by MSNBC said that 60% of Americans agree that "Hollywood's values are not in line with the rest of America and that the quality of movies has diminished in recent years."
There have been, however, a handful of prominent people whose work in Hollywood opposed these values. Ronald Reagan, James Stewart, Charlton Heston, Walt Disney and many others practiced conservative values while working in Hollywood and the productions of these and many others also reflect these values, irrespective of the star names associated with them: The Chronicles of Narnia and Independence Day being recent examples.
Hollywood values include a flagrant disrespect and disregard for:
- marriage and abstinence
- the U.S. military 
- family responsibilities, like childrearing
- laws that apply to everyone else
- Commonly accepted behavioral boundaries and values of human decency
- 1 Deaths
- 2 Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- 3 Crime
- 4 Falsehoods
- 5 Disrespect for marriage
- 6 Offensive Behavior
- 7 Rehab
- 8 Hypocrisy
- 9 Moral depravity
- 10 Using appearances to promote their liberal political views
- 11 Vanity and Idol Worship
- 12 Award Shows
- 13 Preying on Underage Stars
- 14 Productions
- 15 Books
- 16 See also
- 17 References
- 18 External Links
- John Barrymore, 60, cirrhosis of the liver from heavy drinking
- John Belushi, 33, was a repeated drug abuser who ultimately died of a lethal injection of cocaine and heroin
- Clara Blandick, 81, suicide
- John Bonham, 32, after too much drinking, asphyxiated on vomit
- Elisa Bridges, 28, 'Playboy' magazine model, drug overdose combining heroin, methamphetamine and other drugs
- David Carradine, 72, died from suffocation most likely suicide, had history of suicidal thoughts, alcohol and narcotics abuse 
- Stephen Clark, 30, Def Leppard guitarist, drug and alcohol overdose
- Lana Clarkson, 40, actress and model murdered by Phil Spector
- Kurt Cobain, 27, lead singer from the band Nirvana, a heroin addict who committed suicide with a shotgun blast to the head.
- Ray Combs, 40, host of the TV game show Family Feud committed suicide by hanging himself in a psychiatric ward.
- John Costelloe, 47, actor from HBO's The Sopranos known as "Johnny Cakes", shot himself in the head. 
- Bob Crane,49, the actor's success led to a bazaar life of sex addiction. He was bludgeoned to death.
- Karl Dane, 47, suicide by gunshot
- James Dean, 24, auto accident (see also crime, below)
- Eazy-E, 31. AIDS contracted through drug use.
- Brian Epstein, 32, overdosed on sleeping pills and alcohol
- Chris Farley, 33, overdose of morphine and cocaine
- Judy Garland, 47, overdosed on sleeping pills
- Lucy Gordon, 28, British actress from the movie Spiderman 3, hung herself 
- Lee Grivas, 26, the on-again, off-again boyfriend of actress Christina Applegate, 36, was found dead of an apparent drug overdose
- Phil Hartman, 49, murdered in his million-dollar house by his third wife Brynn Hartman
- Margaux Hemingway, 42, suicide
- Jimi Hendrix, 27, an enthusiastic abuser of illegal drugs, choked on his own vomit after overdose of sleeping pills.
- Rock Hudson, 59, AIDS
- Michael Hutchence, 37, asphyxiated during an auto-erotic act while alone in a Sydney hotel. His wife, Paula Yates (see below), also fell victim to Hollywood Values.
- Richard Jeni, 49, suicide
- Janis Joplin, 27, heroin overdose
- Andrew Koenig, 41, child actor in the TV series Growing Pains committed suicide. 
- Heath Ledger, 28, found dead in his Manhattan apartment. "Prescription sleeping pills and anti-anxiety pills were found in bottles in Ledger's bedroom and bathroom, and police have speculated the death was caused by an accidental drug overdose." "Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday." 
- Bruce Lee (Li Xiaolong), actor, 33, collapsed and died; trace amounts of cannabis found in bloodstream at postmortem; the official cause of death was acute cerebral edema (swelling of the brain) from hypersensitivity to aspirin.
- Stuart Lubbock, 31, found dead in the swimming pool of popular TV entertainer Michael Barrymore, having suffered severe anal trauma, after a drug-fueled party at the star's home
- Freddie Mercury, 45, born Farrokh Bulsara, lead singer of the band Queen, died from AIDS-related bronchial pneumonia.
- Sal Mineo, 37, murdered under circumstances that suggested "a homosexual motive"
- Marilyn Monroe, 36, overdosed on sleeping pills
- Keith Moon, drummer of The Who, 32, overdose of Clomethiazole prescribed to treat his alcoholism.
- Jim Morrison, 27, died of an apparent heroin overdose
- Brittany Murphy, 32, motion picture film actress died of cardiac arrest from combining prescription drugs  Official death from pneumonia and drug intoxication.
- Chris Penn, 40, brother of Sean Penn, "died accidentally from an enlarged heart and the effects of a mix of multiple medications"
- River Phoenix, 23, died from an overdose of cocaine and heroin
- Dana Plato, 34, Diff'rent Strokes star, suicide by drugs overdose after posing for lesbian pornography.
- Elvis Presley, 42, large drug intake causes a cardiac arrhythmia and rumored to have suffocated on the carpet when he collapsed from a drug overdose.
- Virginia Rappe, 30, died of a ruptured bladder incurred at a party hosted by Roscoe Arbuckle
- Robert Reed, 59, actor known as Mike Brady was a homosexual with AIDS, died from cancer in 1992. 
- Brad Renfro, 25, became addicted to heroin and was found dead after a night of drinking
- George Reeves, 45, played Superman from the series Adventures of Superman, suicide by gunshot
- Anna Nicole Smith, 39, accidental overdose on prescription drugs
- Sharon Tate, 26, an actress with a hippie lifestyle who was murdered by followers of Charles Manson, a Beatles-obsessed musician wannabee; Manson's followers murdered Tate, who was pregnant and only two weeks from birth, her unborn child, her prior lover, who was staying with her while her husband, movie producer Roman Polanski (see 'Crime', below), was away, and another unmarried couple staying in the house. (It is believed that Manson had actually intended his followers to kill the home's previous residents, Terry Melcher (son of Doris Day) and Candice Bergen.)  
- Lou Tellegen, 52, suicide
- Sid Vicious, 21. Heroin overdose while awaiting trial for his girlfriend's murder.
- Kenneth Williams, 62, overdose.
- Natalie Wood, 43. Drowned while intoxicated.
- Paula Yates, 41, heroin overdose.
- Layne Staley, 34, found dead in apartment two weeks after a drug overdose. Layne promoted the use of hard drugs in the 1992 Alice in Chains song "Junkhead"
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
The loose sexual morals characteristic of the lifestyle defined by Hollywood Values often lead to sexually transmitted diseases. Examples include,
- Rock Hudson died of AIDS-related complications after contracting the disease through homosexual intercourse.
- Michael Jeter, who was homosexual, also died due to AIDS-related complications.
- Freddie Mercury of the rock group Queen, notorious for his flamboyant onstage presence, also contracted AIDS through his wildly promiscuous homosexual lifestyle, and subsequently perished of the self-inflicted condition.
Hollywood values often include being arrested or convicted for a variety of crimes. Here are some examples:
- Actress Lori Petty, who was featured in "Free Willy" and "A League of their Own" and "Free Willy," ran into a 14-year-old skateboarder and was arrested for felony drunk driving charges.
- Craig Phillip Robinson, the actor famous for playing Darryl Philbin on NBC's "The Office," "was arrested on June 29, 2008, on suspicion of possessing MDMA, also known as ecstasy, and methamphetamine."
- Winona Ryder was convicted of convicted of vandalism and grand theft for stealing designer merchandise worth $5,560.40.
- O.J. Simpson is widely believed to have murdered his wife and her friend, and was found liable in a civil (but not criminal) trial. He has since been convicted of unrelated felonies.
- Paris Hilton was convicted of driving while intoxicated, and then violated the terms of her probation, leading to a 45-day prison sentence.
- Hugh Grant was arrested in 1995 when found in a car with a prostitute.
- Stacy Keach, movie actor, was sentenced to 9 months imprisonment in the United Kingdom in 1984 after being arrested at London Heathrow Airport in possession of a large quantity of cocaine.
- Kiefer Sutherland was given a 48-day sentence for DUI in 2007, an offense committed while still on probation following a 2004 conviction for DUI.
- George Michael was convicted of "Committing a lewd act in public", having been arrested in a public restroom by a plain clothes police officer. Arrested in September 2008 in a London public lavatory, he was found in possession of crack cocaine and cannabis - but merely received a caution. 
- Snoop Dogg, a popular rapper, was arrested in 2006 for marijuana possession. He is a libertarian who advocates marijuana use.
- Roman Polanski, Polish-born film producer, is unable to return to Hollywood as he skipped bail and fled to France after being convicted in 1978 on charges of unlawful sexual intercourse with a thirteen-year old girl.
- Rapper DMX (Earl Simmons) was caught on camera drag racing at a speed over 110 miles on a freeway, and then a SWAT team was used to arrest him three days later on drug and animal cruelty charges. "The Maricopa County sheriff's office says the 37-year-old, whose real name is Earl Simmons, at first tried to barricade himself in his bedroom. He came out as a SWAT team entered during the early-morning raid Friday."
- Tatum O'Neal arrested in 2008 for cocaine possession. 
- James Dean displayed an unhealthy interest in a twelve-year-old boy. His former director Elia Kazan later commented: "I've known many actors who have been twisted up in their sex lives, but never anybody as sick and unhealthy as Dean was."
- Redmond O'Neal, son of Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal, plead guilty to possessing heroine and methamphetamine as well as driving under the influence of drugs.
- Actor Nick Nolte was arrested for drunk driving in 2002
- Sean Bean was arrested and spent the night in a cell after allegedly beating his wife.
- Shelley Malil, 43, worked as an actor in movies and television. He is charged with causing great bodily injury and using a deadly weapon on Kendra Beebe, a 35-year-old mother of two. He appeared on the back patio of Kendra's house and stabbed her 20 times. Now held on a $10 million dollar bond. 
- Former Power Rangers actor Skylar Deleon, will have three separate trials for four murders. The first trial is set for the murder of Tom and Jackie Hawks, who were allegedly bound to the anchor of their yacht and tossed overboard.  he was sentenced to death for committing murder.
- Musician George O'Dowd, better known by his stage name, Boy George, has been convicted (and will likely go to prison) for handcuffing a male escort to a bed against his will and then beating him with a chain. Earlier he had been convicted of cocaine possession.
- Dana Plato was arrested for armed robbery and prescription forgery.
- Todd Bridges assaulted a motorist and was repeatedly arrested for drug-related offenses.
- Gary Coleman was arrested for assaulting a woman by punching her in the face.
- Musician/Producer Phil Spector was found guilty of second-degree murder for the shooting death of actress Lana Clarkson. He was convicted of second-degree murder. 
- Kiefer Sutherland, Fox television's "24" star was charged with misdemeanor assault for allegedly head-butting a fashion designer at a nightclub. 
- Actor Elmore "Rip" Torn was arrested for breaking into a bank and carrying a firearm while intoxicated. In 2009, he was given probation in a drunk-driving case. 
- Former teen actor Leif Garrett was arrested for possession of a controlled substance. He has a number of former arrests including heroin possession. 
- Sean Penn was charged with criminal battery and vandalism for attacking the paparazzi in October 2009. 
- Comedian Andy Dick was arrested for groping an employee and a patron of a nightclub in West Virginia. 
- Matthew Shepard Fallacy
- Adherents to Hollywood values "green-lighted a troika of Matthew Shepard movies after he was senselessly killed because it affirmed their gut feeling that a gay young man living in backward America is destined for death at the hands of hateful ultraconservatives. A street in West Hollywood still stands in his name despite ABC News reporting the story false: He was killed by crazed meth addicts for drugs and money -- not because he was gay. Isn't that tragic enough? Yet Shepard is still the icon of gay victims' rights, and the mistaken story of his 'fate' soon thereafter befell Jake Gyllenhaal's character in 'Brokeback Mountain.' The Oscar statuette stands as the exclamation point."
- Hollywood perpetuated complete lies about the Scopes Trial in order to smear Christianity, including:
- portraying William Jennings Bryan as being ignorant, harsh and punitive, based on a false portrayal of his actions and testimony
- falsely claiming that at the end Bryan, in a senseless fit of madness, died in the courtroom amid caring and reasonable Darwinists
- falsely portraying the Darwinists in a positive light and the Christians as deceitful
- In real life, Bryan and the Christians won the trial and were charitable to the end, while the Darwinist Darrow was deceitful in reneging on his deal to take the witness stand after Bryan did.
- The 2000 film U 571 had a plot which was based on the first capture of a German Enigma machine in World War 2. However, in the film the capture is made by Americans. In fact the first Enigma machine was captured by the British in 1941 prior to the Americans entering the war.
- The 2008 HBO movie on the 2000 Presidential elections and its aftermath in Florida. A look into how the Republicans stole the election and the role of its party members that made it happen. Republicans are portrayed as ghoulish and cited as manufacturing demonstrations. Both the real Warren Christopher and James Baker contend the film’s portrayal of the former is hopelessly untrue. 
- The 1972 film about U.S. troops from Vietnam put on record as baby killers, human rights violators, and general disservice to America. This myth was propagated by a few anti-war activist liberal actors that never did see combat in Vietnam and some were never in the country. The initial result was to hold hearings in Congress over the matter. All allegations were proven fabrications, falsehoods, and lies.
- The 2006 false documentary about man-made global warming created & hyped by Al Gore. A British court found the film contained at least 11 material falsehoods. The Science and Public Policy Institute has found 35 falsehoods associated with the film. 
- A Michael Moore film that was a false portrayal of why America fought a war against Saddam Hussein's Iraq. The main theme was to attack George W. Bush during wartime.
Disrespect for marriage
Many celebrities and other exponents of Hollywood Values have no respect for the sanctity of marriage - their own or anyone else's. This is manifested in a high rate of marriage breakdown, and by the home-wrecking activities of the promiscuous, whose moral outlooks have been distorted by Liberal and atheistic teachings.
- Elizabeth Taylor has been married eight (8) times, including a nearly 6-year marriage to Senator John Warner (R-VA).
- Valerie Bertinelli said her divorce from Eddie Van Halen was caused by infidelity and drug use - by her too. She said she was "destroying my body," trying to keep up with a rock-star lifestyle. 
- Zsa Zsa Gabor has been married nine (9) times.
- Mickey Rooney has been married eight (8) times, but has been with his last wife for 30 years after embracing religion and abandoning his previous lifestyle.
- Charlie Chaplin married four (4) times, including his marriage at the age of 54 to an 18-year-old bride.
- Johnny Carson married four (4) times, and frequently made light of his having divorced three times, as if this were something funny.
- Meredith Baxter married and divorced four (4) times; she finally admitted in 2009 that she was a homosexual.
- Trashing hotel rooms is a favorite form of offensive behavior by Hollywood types. Many examples are readily available on the internet.
- Mel Gibson, who had started drinking again, was arrested after being stopped for driving at 84 mph in a 45 mph zone on a notoriously dangerous road in Malibu, California. A breathalyzer test confirmed he was drunk and next to him was an open bottle of Tequila; after being arrested he hurled Anti-Semitic abuse at a Jewish police officer.
- The parents of Miley Cyrus, just 15 years old, allowed Annie Liebowitz to pose the starlet without a shirt or bra (nominally "topless") and with just a sheet covering her front for Vanity Fair magazine. "I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," Cyrus said Sunday in a statement through her publicist. "I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about." 
- "... a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines," a network statement said. 
- Many Hollywood stars who have purposely sought fame have then turned upon photographers and fans. Sean Penn is well known to lash out at photographers.
- The parents of 16-year old Jamie Lynn Spears allowing her unwed pregnancy to be publicly portrayed as a normal act even though she is a role model for millions of underage teenagers. Mayor of Gloucester, Carolyn Kirk recently blamed the glamorizing of teen pregnancy by Jamie Lynn Spears for the 17 high school teenagers that got pregnant at the same time. 
- Despite an upcoming ballot initiative to remove gay marriage from California law, Ellen DeGeneres proudly displays her gay sexuality for all to see. On August 16, 2008, DeGeneres "married" Portia de Rossi in a small ceremony in Beverly Hills. Fox News called it "the biggest celebrity union since California legalized same-sex marriage."  Now, her fans and millions of young girls can read about her gay marriage in magazines such as People and Us Magazine, hear about it on celebrity news television shows.
- Rapper Kanye West and bodyguard attacked the paparazzi at LAX airport and allegedly smashed a camera on the floor valued at $10,000. The pair were arrested for felony vandalism. 
- Heather Locklear was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of a controlled substance. The officer noticed Locklear's car parked on a state highway and blocking a lane in Montecito, Ca. 
- Charlie Sheen was arrested on Christmas Day for domestic abuse of his current wife Brooke. He was booked for second-degree assault, menacing, and criminal mischief.  Sheen has a history that includes assaults against girlfriends and his former wife.
- Celebrity of the moment Kourtney Kardashian gave a risque lingerie shoot while pregnant with her boyfriend's child. After birth, Mom and baby adorned magazine covers, highlighting the modern acceptance of single motherhood. The cover reads "Baby Mason will bring our family together," obscuring the traditional meaning of family. 
- Actor Jude Law had a sexual relationship with model Samantha Burke that produced a daughter. It is reported that Law finally went to visit his daughter for the first time, 5 months after she was born. 
- Actor Tom Hanks called Mormons 'un-American' for their support of Proposition 8 in California. 
Hollywood values often result in celebrities going into rehab. Here are some examples:
- Kirsten Dunst checked into the Cirque Lodge treatment facility in Utah after a week of hard partying at the Sundance Film Festival, according to a source at the lodge, although the lodge's director of operations denies this. 
The following all checked into the above facility seeking treatment for various psychological problems:
- David Duchovny, having boosted Hollywood Values through his role in a decadent television series, now finds himself trapped by the depravity that he promoted, and has had to enter rehab for his addiction to unchastity.
Hollywood personalities often propose legislation such as outlawing private gun ownership, or speak out against things such as anti-gun laws, but have at the same time acted in movies contrary to their public opinions:
- George Clooney on hearing that fellow actor and gun-rights advocate, Charlton Heston, suffers from Alzheimer's disease, said: "I don't care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association. He deserves whatever anyone says about him." Clooney starred in the film The Peacemaker, in which he played an American military man defending the country from a nuclear attack; scenes in the film showed him using a gun to defend himself and others.
- Mark Wahlberg upon meeting Charlton Heston on the set of the remake of Planet of the Apes, Wahlberg rudely told Heston, "It was very disturbing meeting you." Later, Wahlberg would have this to say at the MTV Movie Awards: "I believe Charlton Heston is America's best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association." Wahlberg's character in Planet of the Apes uses a gun to defend himself and other humans from the apes who would rule over them.
- Helen Mirren played Queen Elizabeth II in a movie 'The Queen', but admits she used to use cocaine and was date-raped as a result of her poor life choices as a younger woman.
- Woody Allen seduced and took pornographic photographs of the youthful daughter of his then girlfriend Mia Farrow.
Using appearances to promote their liberal political views
- Rapper Kanye West infamously went way off script during a live benefit concert for victims of Hurricane Katrina, criticizing the media's treatment of images of black and white people and saying President George W. Bush "doesn't care about black people."
- During the live broadcast of the 2007 Emmy Awards, actress Sally Field went on a sputtering anti-war rant, eventually concluding by saying, "If the mothers ruled the world, there would be no g**d*** war in the first place." She received thunderous applause from the Hollywood audience for her vulgar remark.
- Michael Moore surprised no one by criticizing President Bush during his 2003 Oscar acceptance speech for "Bowling for Columbine," saying, "We live in the time where we have fictitious election results that elect a fictitious president. We live in a time where we have a man who's sending us to war for fictitious reasons, whether it's the fiction of duct tape or the fiction of orange alerts. We are against this war, Mr. Bush. Shame on you, Mr. Bush. Shame on you."
- Actress Jessica Lange verbally attacked President Bush and the Iraq War during a 2008 commencement speech at Sarah Lawrence College in Yonkers, New York, stating, "We are living in an America that, in the last seven and a half years, has waged an unnecessary war, established prison camps, condoned torture, employed corporate armies, eliminated the right of habeas corpus, practiced extraordinary rendition, and believe me, this is only a partial list."
- Actress Megan Fox was recently quoted by MSN in a piece entitled "The Wit and Wisdom of Megan Fox" discussing her new movie Transformers 2. She said "why not just take out all of the white trash, hillbilly, anti-gay, super bible-beating people in Middle America?” 
Vanity and Idol Worship
Hollywood places a value on appearance and it is driven into the minds of those who they seek profits and adulation from. There is such the need to be rich and famous that anything goes. It may be glamorizing to reveal skin or shamelessly being sex symbols to audiences. Pat-your-back awards ceremonies whereby we breathlessly await the Stars to arrive. Naturally, scandals make big headlines and these people are no stranger to controversy, for money. These fake Gods have captured the hearts of millions upon millions who follow their every move. Negative stereotypes poison the minds of their followers. Women feel less worthy due to the overwhelming influence touching every part of society. Penn State's Media Research found the following regarding Women's magazines, "Past research indicates that exposure to thin models results in lower self-esteem and decreased weight satisfaction, and to increased depression, guilt, shame, stress, insecurity and body dissatisfaction." 
Fans of Hollywood are served copious amounts of vanity and glamour as celebrities are greeted on the red-carpet attending award events. Paparazzi snap pictures and the stars are rated for their appearance in various tabloids and entertainment television. Once the celebrities have arrived at the awards, television cameras capture for the masses acceptance speeches of their beloved stars. Once limited to couple of banquets such as the Emmys or Golden Globes, now some two-dozen award shows are vying for exposure. These new award shows offer glimpses into ego and moral depravity of Hollywood. It's not uncommon for the stars to act cool by cussing to the audience during acceptance speeches. These awards shows have become tawdry events that are marketed mostly to teens.
- A notoriously self-serving Kayne West jumped onstage at the MTV Video Awards to interrupt an acceptance speech by Taylor Swift. 
- Mariah Carey attended the Palm Springs International Film Festival. Her acceptance speech was made while completely drunk. 
- Miley Cyrus performed at the Teen Choice Awards in August 2009. The 16-year old was dancing around on a stripper pole. 
- Actor Jack Black opened the 2009 MTV Video Awards by leading everyone in a prayer to satan. 
- Adam Lambert’s American Music Awards performance received over 1500 complaints for flipping off the audience, kissed a male keyboard player and fondled several of his backup dancers. 
Preying on Underage Stars
Debbie Gibson reflects on her life as a sixteen-year-old teenage Pop star and her exposure to the very sinister side of show business. “It is very disheartening that there are so many older men that prey on young performers.” What is even more disturbing than dirty male fans would be older male record executives trying to take her to adult parties and corrupt her with alcohol. Even the way the paparazzi stalk the younger artists is very different from following around adults. 
The diseased moral values of the Liberal-dominated entertainments industry are manifested all too clearly in many of the products of that industry - motion pictures and television programmes that offer no edification or instruction to the viewer, but plumb a cess-pit of license and depravity. Some recent examples include the television series Desperate Housewives and the TV series/movie Sex and the City.
- Hollywood Against America
- Hollywood Babylon (1965) by Kenneth Anger (US edition)
- Hollywood Babylon II (1984) by Kenneth Anger
- Hollywood gets it right, New York Post, March 09, 2010
- Britney Spears "doesn't want [her] kids back." 
- Thai Police: Carradine Death May Be Accidental Suffocation Fox News, June 05, 2009
- 'Sopranos' Actor Shocks Fans, Loved Ones With Holiday Suicide NYPost, December 25, 2008
- Actress Lucy Gordon Found Dead at Age 28 in Paris, ABC News, May 21, 2009
- Andrew Koenig's Body Found in Vancouver Park, Yahoo News, February 25, 2010
- Brittany Murphy May Have Taken 109 Vicodin in 11 Days, Fox News, February 27, 2010
- Robert Reed in 1990, Fox News
- The Polanski Problem 
- Sharon Tate Official Site: Sharon's Biography 
- Paris Hilton sentenced to 45 days in jail, MSNBC, May 4, 2007
- Sutherland is released from jail BBC
- Police confirm George Michael arrest 
- Tatum O'Neal Released After Drug Arrest, Associated Press, Fox News, June 02, 2008.
- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080627/ap_on_en_ot/people_redmond_o_neal;_ylt=AiQCBwpJpxqBOFWVyqEycXsDW7oF Redmond O'Neal pleads guilty to drug charges
- 40-Year-Old Virgin' actor pleads not guilty AP, August 13, 2008
- 'Power Rangers' Actor Set to Stand Trial in Yacht Killings AP, October 7, 2008
- ‘24’ Star Kiefer Sutherland Charged for Allegedly Head-Butting a Fashion Designer Associated Press, May 8, 2009
- Actor Rip Torn Arrested for Allegedly Breaking Into Connecticut Bank, Fox News, January 30, 2010
- Leif Garrett Arrested: Former Teen Idol Busted for Controlled Substance, CBS News, February 3, 2010
- Sean Penn Charged With Crimes, TMZ, February 19, 2010
- Andy Dick charged with felony, shows still on, Herald Dispatch, January 23, 2010
- HBO’s Recount: Hanging Chads, Black Humor The Washington Times, May 4, 2008
- 35 Inconvenient Truths, Science and Public Policy Institute
- Valerie Bertinelli About Divorce From Eddie Van Halen: 'I Wasn't An Angel Either', Fox News Channel, Associated Press, February 26, 2008
- See, e.g., 
- Mel Gibson apologizes after DUI arrest Associated Press
- Mel Gibson rants against Jews in drink-drive arrest, Times Online, July 30, 2006
- Gloucester mayor rebuts report of teen pregnancy pact, June 23, 2008
- Reports: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Wed AP, August 17, 2008
- Kanye West Arrested in Altercation With Paparazzi Ap, September 11, 2008
- Heather Locklear Arrested on Suspicion of DUI AP, September 29, 2008
- Actor Charlie Sheen Released From Jail After Domestic Abuse Arrest, Fox News, December 25, 2009
- The Kardashian Family, Fox News
- Jude Law Makes First Visit To Love Child, CelebrityGossip.net, March 1, 2010
- Tom Hanks Apologizes for Calling Mormon Supporters of Proposition 8 'Un-American', Fox News, January 23, 2009
- Reports Say Kirsten Dunst in Rehab; Rep for Facility Denies It, Fox News, February 08, 2008
- "A spokeswoman for the 47-year-old star said: 'Heather has been dealing with anxiety and depression.'" She "checked into a clinic in Arizona that treats depression."
- Megan Fox would barter using ‘Bible-beating white trash’OneNewsNow.com
- Construction of Beauty as a Measure of Self-Worth Penn State Media Research
- MTV Video Music Awards inspire annual controversy, Examiner.com, September 14, 2009
- Video: Mariah Carey Accepts Film Festival Award Drunk, Neonlimelight.com, January 6, 2010
- Billy Ray Cyrus Defends Miley's Teen Choice Pole Dance, MTV.com, August 20, 2009
- satan Jack Black Leads A Prayer To The Devil At The 2009 MTV Awards, Christian Press, September 14, 2009
- Did You Find Adam Lambert’s American Music Awards Performance Offensive?, eCanadanow.com, November 28, 2009
- Debbie Gibson Speaks Out About Pedophile Fans Wanting to 'Corrupt Little Girls' Fox News, July 17, 2009