Difference between revisions of "Hollywood values"
(Undo revision 481141 by Bugler (Talk) self promotion? that's pretty libelous. But it doesn't change the fact that what i wrote is true)
(If entertainers are sincere in charitable work, then that clearly is not an example of HV and inclusion here is otiose. Do not replace the redundant passage.)
|Line 118:||Line 118:|
*[[Woody Allen]] seduced and took pornographic photographs of the adolescent daughter of his wife [[Mia Farrow]].
*[[Woody Allen]] seduced and took pornographic photographs of the adolescent daughter of his wife [[Mia Farrow]].
Revision as of 07:26, 24 June 2008
The phrase Hollywood values refers to the lack of morals and values in Hollywood culture, which is characterized by decadence, narcissism, rampant drug use, extramarital sex, sexually-transmitted disease, lawlessness and death. A poll by MSNBC said that 60% of Americans agree that "Hollywood's values are not in line with the rest of America and that the quality of movies has dimished in recent years."
Hollywood values can include a flagrant disrespect and disregard for:
- marriage and abstinence
- family responsibilities, like childrearing
- laws that apply to everyone else
- normal behavioural boundaries and values of human decency
- John Barrymore, 60, cirrhosis of the liver from heavy drinking
- Bix Beiderbecke, 28, alcoholism
- John Belushi, 33, was a repeated drug abuser who ultimately died of a lethal injection of cocaine and heroin
- Clara Blandick, 81, suicide
- John Bonham, 32, after too much drinking, asphyxiated on vomit
- Kurt Cobain, 27, "turned to drugs and alcohol to help him cope," then committed suicide
- Karl Dane, 47, suicide by gunshot
- James Dean, 24, auto accident (see also crime, below)
- Eazy-E, 31. AIDS contracted through drug use.
- Brian Epstein, 32, overdosed on sleeping pills and alcohol
- Chris Farley, 33, overdose of morphine and cocaine
- Judy Garland, 47, overdosed on sleeping pills
- Margaux Hemingway, 42, suicide
- Jimi Hendrix, 27, an enthusisatic abuser of illegal drugs, choked on his own vomit after overdose of sleeping pills.
- Rock Hudson, 59, AIDS
- Michael Hutchence, 37, asphyxiated during an auto-erotic act while alone in a Sydney hotel. His wife, Paula Yates (see below), also fell victim to Hollywood Values.
- Richard Jeni, 49, suicide
- Janis Joplin, 27, heroin overdose
- Rob Knox, 18, star of a Harry Potter film, was stabbed to death during a fight after midnight in or outside a bar
- Heath Ledger, 28, found dead in his Manhattan apartment. "Prescription sleeping pills and anti-anxiety pills were found in bottles in Ledger's bedroom and bathroom, and police have speculated the death was caused by an accidental drug overdose." "Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday." 
- Bruce Lee (Li Xiaolong), actor, 33, collapsed and died; cannabis found in bloodstream at post-mortem.
- Stuart Lubbock, 31, found dead in the swimming pool of popular TV entertainer Michael Barrymore, having suffered severe anal trauma, after a drug-fuelled party at the star's home
- Sal Mineo, 37, murdered under circumstances that suggested "a homosexual motive"
- Marilyn Monroe, 36, overdosed on sleeping pills
- Keith Moon, drummer of The Who, 32, overdose of Clomethiazole prescribed to treat his alcoholism.
- Jim Morrison, 27, died of an apparent heroin overdose
- Chris Penn, 40, brother of Sean Penn, "died accidentally from an enlarged heart and the effects of a mix of multiple medications"
- River Phoenix, 23, died from an overdose cocaine and heroin
- Dana Plato, 34, Diff'rent Strokes star, suicide by drugs overdose after posing for lesbian pornography.
- Elvis Presley, 42, large drug intake causes a cardiac arrhythmia and rumoured to have suffocated on the carpet when he collpased from a drug overdose.
- Virginia Rappe, 30, died of a ruptured bladder incurred at a party hosted by Roscoe Arbuckle
- George Reeves, 45, suicide
- Brad Renfro, 25, became addicted to heroin and was found dead after a night of drinking
- Anna Nicole Smith, 39, accidental overdose on prescription drugs
- Sharon Tate, 26, an actress with a hippie lifestyle who was murdered by followers of Charles Manson, a Beatles-obsessed musician wannabee; Manson's followers murdered Tate, who was pregnant and only two weeks from birth, her unborn child, her prior lover, who was staying with her while her husband, paedophile movie producer Roman Polanski (see 'Crime', below), was away, and another unmarried couple staying in the house
- Lou Tellegen, 52, suicide
- Sid Vicious, 21. Heroin overdose while awaiting trial for his girlfriend's murder.
- Kenneth Williams, 62, overdose.
- Natalie Wood, 43. Drowned while intoxicated.
- Paula Yates, 41, heroin overdose.
Hollywood values often include being arrested or convicted for a variety of crimes. Here are some examples:
- Winona Ryder was convicted of convicted of vandalism and grand theft for stealing designer merchandise worth $5,560.40.
- O.J. Simpson is widely believed to have murdered his wife and her friend, and was found liable in a civil (but not criminal) trial. He has since been arrested again on an unrelated charge.
- Paris Hilton was convicted of driving while intoxicated, and then violated the terms of her probation, leading to a 45-day prison sentence.
- Hugh Grant was arrested in 1995 when found in a car with a prostitute.
- Stacy Keach, movie actor, was sentenced to 9 months imprisonment in the United Kingdom in 1984 after being arrested at London Heathrow Airport in possession of a large quantity of cocaine.
- Kiefer Sutherland was given a 48-day sentence for DUI in 2007, an offence committed while still on probation following a 2004 conviction for DUI.
- George Michael was convicted of "Committing a lewd act in public", having been arrested in a public restroom by a plain clothes police officer.
- Snoop Dogg, a popular rapper, was arrested in 2006 for marijuana possession.
- Roman Polanski, Polish-born film producer, is unable to return to Hollywood as he skipped bail and fled to France after being convicted in 1978 on charges of unlawful sexual intercourse with a thirteen-year old girl.
- Rapper DMX (Earl Simmons) was caught on camera drag racing at a speed over 110 miles on a freeway, and then a SWAT team was used to arrest him three days later on drug and animal cruelty charges. "The Maricopa County sheriff's office says the 37-year-old, whose real name is Earl Simmons, at first tried to barricade himself in his bedroom. He came out as a SWAT team entered during the early-morning raid Friday."
- Tatum O'Neal arrested in 2008 for cocaine possession. 
- James Dean displayed an unhealthy interest in a twelve-year-old boy. His former director Elia Kazan later commented: "I've known many actors who have been twisted up in their sex lives, but never anybody as sick and unhealthy as Dean was."
Hollywood values perpetuates liberal-driven falsehoods:
- Adherents to Hollywood values "green-lighted a troika of Matthew Shepard movies after he was senselessly killed because it affirmed their gut feeling that a gay young man living in backward America is destined for death at the hands of hateful ultraconservatives. A street in West Hollywood still stands in his name despite ABC News reporting the story false: He was killed by crazed meth addicts for drugs and money -- not because he was gay. Isn't that tragic enough? Yet Shepherd is still the icon of gay victims' rights, and the mistaken story of his 'fate' soon thereafter befell Jake Gyllenhaal's character in 'Brokeback Mountain.' The Oscar statuette stands as the exclamation point."
- <fill in>
- Elizabeth Taylor has been married eight (8) times.
- Valerie Bertinelli said her divorce from Eddie Van Halen was caused by infidelity and drug use - by her too. She said she was "destroying my body," trying to keep up with a rock-star lifestyle. 
- Zsa Zsa Gabor has been married nine (9) times.
- Mickey Rooney has been married eight (8) times, but has been with his last wife for 30 years after embracing religion and abandoning his previous lifestyle.
- Charlie Chaplin married four (4) times, including his marriage at the age of 54 to an 18-year-old bride.
- Trashing hotel rooms is a favorite form of offensive behavior by Hollywood types. Many examples are readily available on the internet.
- Mel Gibson, who had started drinking again, was arrested after being stopped for driving at 84 mph in a 45 mph zone on a notoriously dangerous road in Malibu, California. A breathalyzer test confirmed he was drunk and next to him was an open bottle of Tequila; after being arrested he hurled Anti-Semitic abuse at a Jewish police officer.
- The parents of Miley Cyrus, just 15 years old, allowed Annie Liebowitz to pose the starlet without a shirt or bra (aka "topless") and with just a sheet covering her front for Vanity Fair magazine. "I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," Cyrus said Sunday in a statement through her publicist. "I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about." 
- "... a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines," a network statement said. 
Hollywood values often result in celebrities going into rehab. Here are some examples:
- Kirsten Dunst checked into the Cirque Lodge treatment facility in Utah after a week of hard partying at the Sundance Film Festival, according to a source at the lodge, although the lodge's director of operations denies this. 
The following all checked into the above facility seeking treatment for various psychological problems:
Hollywood personalities often propose legislation such as outlawing private gun ownership, or speak out against things such as anti-gun laws, but have at the same time acted in movies contrary to their public opinions:
- George Clooney on hearing that fellow actor and guns-rights advocate, Charlton Heston, suffers from Alzheimer's disease, said: "I don't care. Charlton Heston is the head of the National Rifle Association. He deserves whatever anyone says about him." Clooney starred in the film The Peacemaker, in which he played an American military man defending the country from a nuclear attack; scenes in the film showed him using a gun to defend himself and others.
- Mark Wahlberg upon meeting Charlton Heston on the set of the remake of Planet of the Apes, Wahlberg rudely told Heston, "It was very disturbing meeting you." Later, Wahlberg would have this to say at the MTV Movie Awards: "I believe Charlton Heston is America's best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association." Wahlberg's character in Planet of the Apes uses a gun to defend himself and other humans from the apes who would rule over them.
- Woody Allen seduced and took pornographic photographs of the adolescent daughter of his wife Mia Farrow.
- Hollywood Against America
- Hollywood Babylon (1965) by Kenneth Anger (US edition)
- Hollywood Babylon II (1984) by Kenneth Anger
- Britney Spears "doesn't want [her] kids back." 
- Paris Hilton sentenced to 45 days in jail, msnbc, May 4, 2007
- Sutherland is released from jail BBC
- Police confirm George Michael arrest 
- Tatum O'Neal Released After Drug Arrest, Associated Press, Fox News, June 02, 2008.
- Valerie Bertinelli About Divorce From Eddie Van Halen: 'I Wasn't An Angel Either', Fox News Channel, Associated Press, February 26, 2008
- See, e.g., 
- Mel Gibson apologizes after DUI arrest Associated Press
- Mel Gibson rants against Jews in drink-drive arrest, Times Online, July 30, 2006
- Reports Say Kirsten Dunst in Rehab; Rep for Facility Denies It, Fox News, February 08, 2008