Difference between revisions of "Ilhan Omar"
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
Revision as of 03:11, 16 July 2019
Ilhan Omar is the Democrat congresswoman from Minnesota's 5th district. Rep. Omar holds a seat on the coveted House Foreign Policy Committee. Rep. Omar is a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and is co-sponsor of the totalitarian Green New Deal. Omar is a die hard Russia collusion conspiracy theory dead-ender.
Omar is known for saying and tweeting offensive remarks. She allegedly made homophobic comments directed against colleagues. In 2012, Omar was accused of anti-Semitism after tweeting that, "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel." She denies that the U.S. is a democracy, comparing it to Iran. In January 2019, she endorsed the autocratic strongman Nicolás Maduro and shared a propaganda video from his government. While opposing sanctions on Venezuela, Omar supports those sanctions on Israel.
Rep. Omar is the darling of leftist media honored with the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. Rep. Omar asserted that congressional support for Israel is "All about the Benjamins baby," a reference to the Ben Franklin $100 bill, implying members of congress are paid off by AIPAC. She has won praise from former Democrat Presidential candidate David Duke. Ilham Omar has promoted the bigoted claim that all Trump supporters are "racist."
Sham rebukeThe U.S. State Department has on its website as part of its definition of anti-Semitism:
Making mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such or the power of Jews as collective — such as, especially but not exclusively, the myth about a world Jewish conspiracy or of Jews controlling the media, economy, government or other societal institutions.In March 2019, the Democratic controlled House of Representatives, under Speaker Nancy Pelosi, refused to pass a resolution rebuking Rep. Ilhan Omar for a persistent pattern of anti-Semitic statements.
- Tapscott, Mark (January 21, 2019). GOP Punishes Steve King, Anti-Semitic Dem Gets Choice Committee. The Epoch Times. Retrieved January 21, 2019.
- Pollak, Joel B. (December 15, 2018). Ilhan Omar Trolls Mike Pence: ‘Jesus Take the Wheel’. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 16, 2018.
- "Ilhan Omar says Donald Trump is "really not" human, "silly" to compare him to Barack Omar," Newsweek, March 12, 2019.
- Pollak, Joel B. (January 28, 2019). ZOA Slams ADL for Accepting Ilhan Omar’s Non-Apology for Antisemitic Rhetoric. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- Mikelionis, Lukas (January 31, 2019). Rep. Ilhan Omar slammed for saying she 'chuckles' when Israel is called a democracy, compares it to Iran. Fox News. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Adams, Becket (January 26, 2019). Rep. Omar backs Maduro regime, shares state-run propaganda on social media. Washington Examiner. Retrieved January 26, 2019.
- Pollak, Joel B. (January 28, 2019). Ilhan Omar Opposes Sanctions on Venezuela — But Wants Them on Israel. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- Morton, Victor (July 14, 2019). Ilhan Omar retweets article branding all Trump supporters as racists. The Washington Times. Retrieved July 14, 2019.