|U.S. Representative from Virginia's 10th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2019 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Former State Senator from Virginia's 33rd District|
From: January 24, 2014 – January 3, 2019
Jennifer Lynn Wexton (born May 27, 1968 (age 54)) is a lawyer and left-wing Democrat currently representing Virginia's 10th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives. Partially having cheated her way into the office, Wexton was criticized for faking support from police in a 2018 advertisement by phony "cops", one of which was her field director. She previously served in the Virginia State Senate from the 33rd district.
According to liberal Wikipedia, Wexton is supposedly a "moderate Democrat". On the Issues notes her to be a "Hard-Core Liberal". She was also ranked as being the most liberal state senator when serving in the upper house of the Virginia General Assembly.
U.S. House of Representatives
Wexton ran for and won election to the U.S. House of Representatives in the 2018 Midterms, defeating establishment Republican then-representative Barbara Comstock by over ten points in an affluent district neighboring the D.C. swamp. This was after Wexton attacked Comstock for voting in favor of the Trump agenda and the latter avoided embracing President Trump, was noted after the election.
On July 15, 2020, Wexton joined House Democrats in co-sponsoring a time-wasting resolution aimed at condemning Donald Trump's "racist" remarks towards the Squad, a group of four bigoted U.S. representatives. She previously defended the anti-Semitic Ilhan Omar, a member of the group.
Despite endorsing the cognitively dysfunctional Joe Biden on March 1, 2020 following the latter's victory in the South Carolina Democrat primary, Wexton broke from her much more hypocritical Democrat colleagues in calling for a sexual assault investigation into the former vice president amid credible allegations made by Tara Reade.
- Multiple references:
- Jennifer Wexton - Wikipedia
- Jennifer Wexton on the Issues
- VAPLAN Scorecard - Google Sheets
- Virginia Election Results: 10th House District
- "Trumpstock" - Jennifer Wexton for Congress
- Trump Pins Down 8 Republicans Who Resisted His Help and Lost in 2018
- HR 5 - Equality Act - National Key Vote
- H Res 489 - Condemning President Trump's Racist Comments Directed at Members of Congress - National Key Vote
- Wexton (D) Defends Omar: Trump, Foreign Governments ‘Trying to Divide Us’
- HR 3 - Lower Drug Costs Now Act of 2019 - National Key Vote
- Two references:
- H Res 755 - Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors - National Key Vote
- H J Res 79 - Removing the deadline for the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment - National Key Vote
- Two references:
- Democrat Jennifer Wexton Calls for Sexual Assault Investigation of Joe Biden