|Jon Huntsman, Jr.|
United States Ambassador to Russia
United States Ambassador to China
August 11, 2009 – April 30, 2011
|President||Barack Hussein Obama|
|Preceded by||Clark Randt|
January 3, 2005 – August 11, 2009
|Preceded by||Olene Walker|
U.S. Ambassador to Singapore
|President||George Herbert Walker Bush|
|Preceded by||Robert Orr|
|Succeeded by||Ralph Boyce|
|Born|| March 26, 1960|
Redwood City, California
|Spouse(s)||Mary Kaye Huntsman|
|Religion||The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|
- For the Louisiana pizza chain founder, see John Huntsman (Louisiana).
Jon Meade Huntsman, Jr. (born March 26, 1960), is an American businessman, diplomat and politician who was U.S. President Donald Trump's Ambassador to Russia, a position he assumed in 2017. Previously he had been ambassador to China and governor of Utah. He unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination for president in 2012, but withdrew from the race before the South Carolina primaries. The libertarian Cato Institute has praised his tax policies but criticized his spending proposals. Despite being one of the wealthiest in Utah, in 2020 Huntsman was embarrassingly defeated in his own Republican primary for the office he once held: governor of Utah.
He supported civil unions for homosexuals and now supports same-sex "marriage". He has claimed a pro-life position. He has stated his belief in both Darwinism and man-made global warming saying (sic) "I believe scientists on evolution and global warming. Call me crazy."
In the economic sphere, he is a supporter of bloated government spending, as he fully supported Paul Ryan's budget.
Liberal U.S. President Barack Hussein Obama appointed Huntsman as his ambassador to China. He was previously ambassador to Singapore for George Herbert Walker Bush. He served as the governor of Utah from 2005 to 2009.
In the 2012 Republican primary race for president, Huntsman attracted almost no support besides the media, pulled out quickly, and then endorsed Romney.
Huntsman is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and is currently married to Mary Huntsman. They have seven children (two of them adopted). He is a fan of Nirvana and was once in a band during his youth. His father, Jon Huntsman, Sr., is an industrial magnate.
Huntsman has proposed national education reforms to promote more choice and initiate merit-based pay. He advocates a continuation of American military supremacy which he wants to accomplish through a modern fighting force. His fiscally conservative jobs plan made the Utah the No. 1 state in job creation during his tenure. Huntsman claims to be opposed to gun control.
- RINO (stance on same-sex "marriage" and environmental policy, as well as coziness towards progressives like Obama and snideness towards conservatives)
- Gary Locke
- ↑ http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2071003,00.html
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-624.pdf
- ↑ http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/51795519-90/civil-cowan-gay-governor.html.csp
- ↑ https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/marriage-equality-is-a-conservative-cause485/
- ↑ https://dailycaller.com/2011/06/03/jon-huntsman-touts-pro-life-record-at-faith-and-freedom-coalition-conference/
- ↑ https://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/677-e2-wire/177429-huntsman-call-me-crazy-i-believe-in-evolution-global-warming
- ↑ http://www.ontheissues.org/Jon_Huntsman.htm