Difference between revisions of "José Antonio Kast"
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Revision as of 22:20, 24 June 2019
José Antonio Kast Rist (born January 18, 1966) is a right-wing Chilean politician who served as deputy between 2002 and 2018. He ran for President in 2017 obtaining 7,93 % of the votes (4th place) also he plans to run in 2021. In 2018 he founded the Republican Action Movement, in 2019 the Chilean Republican Party and the think tank Republican Ideas.
José Antonio Kast has been falsely labeled as "far-right" by the media and the Left.
He is pro-life and defends a smaller state with fewer taxes. He is also against the Gender ideology, he is pro-family, pronation, and he is strongly Christian. Today he is the most important conservative politician of Chile, mostly because he has been shown as an alternative to the establishment, center-right coalition "Chile Vamos", however a lot of the members of his new party come from that coalition, and he has a lot of friends there, also he was member of the Independent Democratic Union for 20 years, one of the main parties of the coalition. JAK has criticized the immigration policies of the Michelle Bachelet government (2014-2018) which is considered to be a chaos since, not only a lot of them where illegals but also the immigrant population of Chile went from being 1% to 6.6% (1 million new immigrants in 4 years).
He has criticized the Piñera Government for "not following the program of Government" but he also supports what he considers the "good policies of the government".
- Multiple references:
- Far right gains momentum in Chile's presidential elections. Aljazeera (16 December 2019). Retrieved on 25 June 2019.
- Far-Right Party Of José Antonio Kast Frightens Chilean Rightwing. Chile Today (18 June 2019). Retrieved on 25 June 2019.
- José Antonio Kast, el Bolsonaro chileno que lidera las encuestas presidenciales (es). Público (21 January 2019).
- Extrema derecha aspira a presidencia de Chile ante inscripción de nuevo partido (12 June 2019).
- José Antonio Kast Proposals.
- Inmigrantes sí, clandestinos no. La Tercera (19 April 2019). Retrieved on 25 June 2019.
- Kast: "Yo no soy admirador del general Pinochet, soy una persona que defiende el gobierno militar" (es) (9 October 2018).
- El día en que José Antonio Kast apoyó a Pinochet en la franja del SÍ (es) (10 September 2018).
- José Antonio Kast no se la deja pasar a Piñera: "No hay manual que resista tanta torpeza en un solo viaje" (es) (29 abril 2019).
- José Antonio Kast tras la victoria de Jair Bolsonaro en Brasil: "El sentido común sigue triunfando" (es). T13 (28 October 2018).
- José Antonio Kast es recibido en España por líderes del partido de extrema derecha Vox. 24 Horas (25 June 2019). Retrieved on 25 June 2019.