LedgerLite is a double-entry accounting system designed according to the minimalist philosophy.  It is used by many small businesses, clubs and trusts in different countries to do bookkeeping and produce balance sheets and income statements. 
LedgerLite is the shareware successor to Ledger. LedgerLite was released in January 2015.
Two files (LedgerLite.EXE and LedgerLite.LLD) are all that's required to run LedgerLite on any Windows computer.
- The Top 8 Free Accounting Software for Nonprofits. Retrieved on 18 November 2016. “They boast their software as being the “world’s simplest accounting software” and their features include balance sheets, general ledgers, comparative reporting, tax calculations, and income statements.”
- Ledger by Responsive Software Limited. Retrieved on 18 November 2016. “While about 57% of users of Ledger come from the United States, it is also popular in United Kingdom and India”
- LedgerLite Software Informer: Awards. Retrieved on 25 January 2017.
- Free Accounting Software. Retrieved on 4 February 2005.
- LedgerLite - The World's Simplest Accounting Software. Retrieved on 13 January 2015.
- Where Is My LedgerLite Database Located?. Responsive software. Retrieved on 18 November 2016.
- System Requirements. Responsive software. Retrieved on 18 November 2016.
- How Does LedgerLite Handle Multiple Users?. Responsive software. Retrieved on 18 November 2016.
- Database Encryption. Responsive software. Retrieved on 18 November 2016.