Liberal arrogance is the tendency of liberals, in their unwarranted pride, to make presumptuous assumptions. They are often forced to later backpedal on their statements.
Examples of liberal arrogance
- During the 2000 presidential election campaign, many liberal members of the mainstream media called the election for Democrat Al Gore before all the votes were counted.
- During the 2008 presidential election campaign, various liberal media outlets made statements that seemed to imply that the election of Barack Hussein Obama was inevitable weeks in advance, when in reality it was very much in doubt.
- During the 2016 presidential election campaign, virtually the entire liberal media arrogantly proclaimed that the election of Hillary Clinton was "inevitable" and a "foregone conclusion", only for their proclamations to fail spectacularly, leaving all of the liberal media pundits with egg on their faces, with the election of Donald Trump.
- Brokeback Mountain, a 2005 film which became a liberal darling for its advancement of the homosexual agenda, was considered a shoe-in for the Academy Award for Best Picture. It lost to Crash.
- The DNC advanced Obama as a presidential candidate in 2008, confident that they would be able to conceal potentially devastating information about his ties to Islam and the location of his birth, the latter of which would disqualify him from running for or holding the office if made public.
- Environmentalists, confident that they would be vindicated by science, insisted that "global warming" was an "established fact". "Global warming" as a theory has now been thoroughly discredited.
- The archaeoraptor incident, where evolutionists eager for evidence for their theory fell for a simple hoax.
- Jimmy Kimmel on February 4, 2018 claimed that the reason why late night talk show hosts were by and large liberal was because it required "a level of intelligence".