Liberal hate speech is hate speech, that is, widely provocative speech to denigrate a legally protected class or group of citizens defined by legislation, employed by liberals. Liberals support affirmative action and political correctness, but their use of liberal hate speech indicates that true tolerance does not necessarily follow from these tenets.
Liberal hate speech against persons with disabilities
- Former Vice President, Nobel Prize winner, and senior Democratic Party elder stateman Al Gore mocked children with disabilities by referring to his political critics as having "an extra chromosome." 
- Liberal pundit and columnist Maureen Dowd refered to "extra chromosome conservatives" in an interview with Bill Maher's on HBO. The National Down Syndrome Society issued a statement saying use of the term "extra chromosome" as a negative descriptor "is insensitive and demeaning to the more than 350,000 people in the United States who have Down syndrome, which occurs when there is an extra copy of the 21st chromosome.... Ms. Dowd has perpetuated it as a slur against hundreds of thousands of Americans who are contributing members of society and who deserve the same respect that we all expect." 
- On March 3 2009, President Barack Hussein Obama ridiculed children with disabilities on Jay Leno's program when answering a question about his bowling prowess. Obama said "It was like Special Olympics."   The CEO of the Special Olympics defended the program noting the President had "set us back decades with his comments."  Gov. Sarah Palin, mother of a Down Syndrome child observed, "This was a degrading remark about our world's most precious and unique people, coming from the most powerful position in the world." In her resignation speech as Governor of Alaska, Palin stated:
- "this decision comes after much consideration, and polling the most important people in my life - my children, where the count was unanimous. In response to asking: 'Want me to make a positive difference and fight for ALL our children's future from OUTSIDE the Governor's office?' It was four "yes's" and one "hell yeah!" ... much of it had to do with the kids seeing their baby brother Trig mocked by some pretty mean-spirited adults recently..." 
- News24 of South Africa has on its website an obituary for Ronald Reagan entitled, Gay about Reagan's death.  and quotes Jon Beaupre, a gay journalist and Los Angeles radio talk show host as saying, "I have a fisling that an awful lot of gay people are going to be cheering, that 'Ding-dong! The wicked witch is dead'."
- KURTZ: O'Reilly also criticized you for making a joke about Charlton Heston, the former NRA chief, having Alzheimer's.
- CLOONEY: Yes.
- KURTZ: Was that in poor taste in retrospect?
- CLOONEY: Yes, oh, yes. It was in poor taste. It was a funny joke. It was in a room of 100 people. Yeah, (UNINTELLIGIBLE). I have a lot of good friends who -- in fact, I have a very good friend who is dying of Alzheimer's. And it was just a funny joke. 
- Democratic Senator Al Franken of Minnesota peddled a book entitled Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat, Stupid Idiot, viciously ridiculing a person struggling with obesity and hearing disabilities.
- In 2007, White House Press Secretary Tony Snow announced his cancer had returned. The liberals remarked on the leftwing DailyKos website "the world would be better off without him".
Liberal hate speech against women
- In August 2007, former Democratic Presidential, Vice-Presidential candidate and amatuer pornographer Senator John Edwards viciously attacked social commentator Ann Coulter, calling the petite embodiment of women's aspirations for equality in the marketplace of ideas a "she-devil" 
Liberal hate speech against African-Americans
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been the relentless target of the most vile liberal hatred since his appointment; Spike Lee called him "A handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom."
- Colin Powell is a respected and popular Statesman who rejected offers to be drafted for President in 1996. In an interview, liberal activist Harry Belafonte, who is also African-American, stated, "there are those slaves who lived on the plantation, and there were those slaves who lived in the house. You got the privilege of living in the house if you served the master to exactly the way the master intended to have you serve him. That gave you privilege. Colin Powell is permitted to come into the house of the master, as long as he will serve the master according to the master's dictates."  Powell was later rehabilitated after endorsing Barack Obama for President in 2008.
- Former Vermont Governor and current DNC chairman, Howard Dean joked during a speech, “You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here.” 
Liberal hate speech against Hispanics
- Alberto Gonzales. The first Hispanic U.S. Attorney General, was consistently mocked on liberal websites as 'Alberto "Speedy" Gonzales'  during his tenure. Speedy Gonzales is a reference to a disparaging stereotypical cartoon character of Hispanics that Hollywood attempted to popularize in the 1950s and 60s. Upon his retirement, NBC News anchor Matt Lauer called Gonzales "a piñata" for the Democrats. 
Liberal hate speech against Jews
- Rev. Jesse Jackson said on Jaunary 25, 1984, "all Hymie wants to talk about, is Israel; every time you go to Hymietown, that's all they want to talk about." 
- Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan said "Casey was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con  agenda to benefit Israel",  accusing members of a vast right-wing Jewish conspiracy of being responsible for her sons death to benefit Israel.
- Former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton referred to a campaign subordinate as a "Jew bastard."
- Richard Dawkins claimed that Jews "more or less monopolize American foreign policy." His comments have been criticized by the Anti-Defamation League as "classic Anti-Semitism."
Liberal race baiting
Liberal hate speech against South Asians
- Michael Moore affecting a mock Indian accent live on air and ridiculing CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta's name. 
Liberal hate speech against people of faith
- Richard Dawkins in his 2006 book The God Delusion, states fundamentalist religion "saps the intellect," and refers to belief in God as a "mind-virus."
- In his latest book The Resilience of Conservative Religion (2002), liberal professor of sociology Joseph B. Tamney puts Christian conservatives into the same religious category as one of the most radical and most hate-filled Islamic figures of the late 20th century: Ayatollah Ruholla Khomeini.
Liberal hate speech against well known conservatives
- 'Alternative' comedian Ben Elton's repeated references to Margaret Thatcher as 'a mad old cow', a sexist jibe that belied his supposed pro-feminist stance. 
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb-ZSZNaCc0
- ↑ Barack Obama, Jay Leno and the Special Olympics line Newsday.com, March 20, 2009
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs3aRxTTgaI&annotation_id=annotation_900911&feature=iv
- ↑ Gay about Reagan's death, News24, 07/06/2004.
- ↑ Interview With George Clooney, Transcript CNN Reliable Sources, October 26, 2003.
- ↑ http://www.dekalb-chronicle.com/articles/2008/10/30/opinions/national_columnists/doc4906535aad7b3848499949.txt
- ↑ CBSNews.com, June 29 2009.
- ↑ Edwards Calls Coulter 'She-Devil', ABC News, August 17, 2007.
- ↑ Interview with Harry Belefonte, Democracy Now, January 30th, 2006.
- ↑ , The Special-Interest Group Hug, Feb 12th, 2005
- ↑ Speedy Gonzales to Resign, Aug 27, 2007. Retrieved from History.com message boards August 30, 2007.
- ↑ Jesse and the Jews, Michael W. Hirschorn, The Harvard Crimson, March 05, 1984.
- ↑ 'Neo-conservative' is a codeword for Jewish, Dr. Barry Rubin, director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Institute, Interdisciplinary Center of Herzliya, H-Net discussion April 6, 2003.
- ↑ National Review, Dear Useful Idiot, Catherine Seipp, May 26, 2006.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Did Hillary commit a hate crime?, Human Events, July 28, 2000.
- ↑ Hillary faces voters' wrath for alleged ethnic slur, Michael Ellison, London Guardian, July 18, 2000.
- ↑ Hillary’s Manners, Joseph Sobran, July 18, 2000.
- ↑ I agree with Clinton!, Joseph Farah, WorldNetDaily, July 20, 2000.
- ↑ Dawkins: Jews Control US Policy, Israel National News, October 8, 2007.
- ↑ Censored by CNN : Bill Maher Suggest RNC Chair Mehlman is Gay, The Huffington Post, November 8, 2006.
- ↑ The "God Hates Fags" Left, By Mark D. Tooley, FrontPageMagazine.com, February 09, 2006.
- ↑ Moore attacks CNN network, spews anti-South Asian sentiments, RaceWire.org, July 10, 2007.
- ↑ President Bush Called “Evil,” Evangelicals Equated With Nazis at NCC-Supported Conference, John Lomperis, The Institute on Religion and Democracy.
- ↑ Apocalypse No! Christian Fascism and the Nazi Legacy, Apocalypse No! An Indigenist Perspective, by Juan Santos, November 01, 2006.
- ↑ Wikipedia talk:Requests for comment/Pravknight/POV editing, Retrieved from Wikipedia October 22, 2007.
- ↑ Sciencefriday.com page on Dawkins
- ↑ The Dawkins Delusion by Alistair McGrath
- ↑ http://newsbusters.org/node/14164 , Newsbusters.com Bill O’Reilly Disgusted, July 17, 2007
- ↑ http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/44