Liberal projection is the liberal debating tactic where 'A' accuses their enemy 'B' of doing what 'A' is actually already doing. In politics, the classical example is accusing your opponent of a smear campaign while running one yourself.
Some examples of liberal projection include:
- Accusing conservatives of suppressing free speech, while censoring Conservative viewpoints.
- Claiming "freedom of religion" to oppress Christianity.
- Saying their opponents are moral degenerates while tolerating homosexuality.
- Acting as if conservative politicians are irredeemably corrupt, while ignoring graft among liberal ones.
- Claiming conservatives are "closed minded" while ignoring scientific theories.
- Accusing conservatives of being "averse to facts and logic" when liberals are guilty of being exactly that themselves when it comes to what they embrace (e.g. the pseudosciences of evolution and "global warming/climate change", both of which have histories of ignoring facts and logic while making up and promoting hoaxes and frauds and presenting them as if they were "fact").