Difference between revisions of "Linguistic Analysis of Candidates"
(a start on a major project)
Revision as of 20:13, 12 January 2009
The race for the White House in 2012 has begun, as have key congressional primary races in 2010. Assessing their conservatism may be as simple as counting the frequency of their references to conservative concepts in their speeches and writings.
Potential Republican candidates for president include:
as a baseline, John McCain can also be analyzed linguistically.
Key congressional candidates facing primary challenges include:
The 20 key conservative terms are:
- Bureaucracy (search on "bureaucra")
- Death tax
- Deregulation (search on "deregulat")
- Dumb down
- Elitism (search on "elitis")
- Free enterprise
- Homeschool (sometimes hyphenated)
- Illegal alien
- Politically correct (also political correctness)
- Privatize (search on "privatiz")
- Property right
- Self-indulgence (search on "self-indulgen")
- Small business