|U.S. Representative from Ohio's 9th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 1983 – present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Marcia Carolyn “Marcy” Kaptur (Марсі Каптур), born June 17, 1946 (age 76), is the Democratic party representative from Ohio's 9th congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives. Kaptur was elected to the office on November 2, 1982.
During the 115th United States Congress, Kaptur was the longest-serving woman currently in Congress and the second-longest-serving women in congressional history. She served on House Appropriations Committee, and was the ranking member of the Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee.
Kaptur is a previously pro-life Democrat who has voiced support for the totalitarian Medicare for All bill.
According to the official communist newspaper People's Weekly World, in 1995 Reps. Marcy Kaptur, Nydia Velázquez, Peter DeFazio, Gene Taylor and Bernie Sanders co-sponsored a Bill, to force the US to withdraw from NAFTA within 90 days.
An opponent of free trade, Kaptur has called establishment elites in her party out-of-touch with working-class Americans.
- ↑ Tobias, Andrew J. (August 9, 2018). Medicare for All gaining political popularity on the left, but support from Ohio Democrats varies. cleveland.com. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- ↑ People’s Weekly World, January 21 1995, page 4
- ↑ Stanage, Niall (February 2, 2021). The Memo: Ohio Dem says many in party 'can't understand' working-class concerns. The Hill. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- House Website
- Profile at Ballotpedia
- United States Representatives
- Democratic Party
- Trump-Russia Collusion Hoax
- 2016 Presidential Election
- 110th United States Congress
- 111th United States Congress
- 112th United States Congress
- 113th United States Congress
- 114th United States Congress
- 115th United States Congress
- 116th United States Congress
- 117th United States Congress
- Democrat Establishment