This is the current revision of Marquette University as edited by FirstAmendment (Talk | contribs) at 18:08, October 8, 2020. This URL is a permanent link to this version of this page.
|Sports:||basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, tennis, track and field, volleyball|
|Colors:||gold, blue, white|
|Endowment:||$698.0 million (2019)|
Marquette University is a private Jesuit school located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It was named after Father Jacques Marquette, a missionary and explorer of the 1600s.
In 2020, Marquette's black student counsel demanded a “Black Living Learning Community” and ways to punish “hate speech.” This has prompted criticism for illegal housing segregation and for violating First Amendment Rights.
- ↑ Marquette University. MarquetteUniversity. Retrieved on October 8, 2020.
- ↑ http://gomarquette.cstv.com/index-main.html
- ↑ As of June 30, 2019. U.S. and Canadian 2019 NTSE Participating Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2019 Endowment Market Value, and Percentage Change in Market Value from FY18 to FY19 (Revised). National Association of College and University Business Officers and TIAA. Retrieved on October 8, 2020.
- ↑ http://www.marquette.edu/omc/newsroom/news/prFrMarqStat9-19-05.shtml
- ↑ Marquette explores blacks-only housing plan, hate speech punishment (October 6, 2020). Retrieved on October 8, 2020.