Mazen Asbahi is a Chicago-area lawyer with many prominent positions within the Arab and Muslim community.  He made national news by resigning one week after Barack Obama's campaign made him a 'liaison', an outreach coordinator to the Muslim community .
The son of Syrian immigrants, Mazen grew up in a suburb of Detroit. He attended the University of Michigan in 1996, with a degree in political science and Islamic studies. He graduated from Northwestern University law school and then became an attorney in Chicago.
Affiliations & Associations
Mazen Asbahi has a long association with extremists to impose Wahhabi conformity on all of American Islam.
- Muslim Brotherhood, a world-wide fundamentalist group based in Egypt, founder of terror group Hamas.
- Speakers list of the Islamic Society of North America. Unindicted co-conspirator in the America's largest terror prosecution, U.S. v. Holy Land Foundation.
- National Association of Muslim Lawyers which is tied closely with CAIR, the Council on American Islamic Relations. Unindicted co-conspirator in the America's largest terror prosecution, U.S. v. Holy Land Foundation.
- Muslim Student's Association. Asbahi was student president and the MSA has strong ties with the World Assembly of Muslim Youth. That organization been a central focus of the federal investigation of terrorist funding and money laundering by Islamist groups following September 11th. 
- An eight-year-old connection between Asbahi and Jamal Said, imam at a fundamentalist Bridge-view mosque in Illinois. Together both had board positions with Allied Asset Advisors, the subsidiary of the North American Islamic Trust. Said was named in the racketeering trial last year of several alleged Hamas fund-raisers, which ended in a mistrial. 
Ties With Democrats
Once allegations started to surface in 2005, Democrats started distancing themselves from Muslim Brotherhood and CAIR groups. As printed in Newsweek, Barbara Boxer of California has rescinded an award to an Islamic activist in her home state because of the man’s connections to a major American Muslim organization that recently has been courted by leading political figures and even the FBI.  Senators Charles Schumer and Richard Durbin followed Boxer's lead. Mazen Asbahi is tied with CAIR, the Muslim Brotherhood and Democrats.
Became Muslim outreach adviser for Barack Obama's campaign even though his deep roots in extremism. Tied to various Muslim groups that have been taken to court over terror financing.
- Ex-metro Detroiter quits Obama post Free Press, August 6, 2008
- Islamic Groups Named in Hamas Funding Case The New York Sun, June 4, 2007
- U.S. Muslim Brotherhood Employs Standard Rhetorical Tactics in Defense of Former Obama Campaign Adviser Family Security matters.com, August 11, 2008
- Obama's Muslim Affairs Advisor Resigns American Thinker.com, August 06, 2008
- Barbara Boxer Rescinds Award to CAIR Newsweek, Dec 29, 2006