Difference between revisions of "Michelle Bachelet"
|Line 65:||Line 65:|
Revision as of 00:25, 13 July 2019
|President of Chile|
From: March 11, 2014 – March 11, 2018
|President of Chile|
From: March 11, 2006 – March 11, 2010
|United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights|
From: 1 September 2018
|Predecessor||Zeid Raad Al Hussein|
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|Executive Director of UN Women|
From: 14 September 2010 – 15 March 2013
|President pro tempore of the Union of South American Nations|
From: 23 May 2008 – 10 August 2009
|Minister for National Defense of Chile|
From: 7 January 2002 – 1 October 2004
|Predecessor||Mario Fernández Baeza|
|Minister for Health of Chile|
From: 11 March 2000 – 7 January 2002
Michelle Bachelet (born September 29, 1951) is a Globalist and Socialist Chilean politician who served as President from 2006 to 2010 and again from 2014 to 2018. She is a member of Socialist Party of Chile. Bachelet is the first director of United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. (UN Women) Bachelet is an agnostic. In August 2018, the United Nations Human Rights Council chose Bachelet to lead the agency.
Her father Alberto Bachelet was a supporter of Marxist dictator Salvador Allende.
Bachelet is responsible for the economic slowdown that Chile is still suffering since she raised corporate taxes (Tax reform), the minimum salary (Labour reform) and opened the Chilean borders to mass migration, causing an oversupply of cheap labor.
During her second government, an open borders policy was applied. The immigrant population went from 1% to 6.1% with certain communities reaching historic numbers in the population such as Haitians, Venezuelans, Colombians and Ecuadorians, changing the demographics of Chile drastically. A lot are illegally since they entered with tourism visa and remained in the country after it expired. The former minister of foreign affairs, Heraldo Muñoz, admited that the government knew about the Haitian immigrant traffic and that they only notified the Haitian Government about it.
Bachelet also gave the Chilean nationality to the children of the illegal immigrants, disrespecting the laws of Chile. Because she followed the Globalist Agenda, she received later a good position in the United Nations.
- Newman, Alex (August 10, 2018). Castro-loving Socialist to Lead UN “Human Rights” Bureaucracy. The New American. Retrieved August 11, 2018.
- Piñera culpa a reformas de Bachelet por dura caída de Chile en ranking mundial de competitividad (es). La Tercera (May 29 2019).
- Michelle Bachelet a la BBC sobre el aborto en Chile: "Soy una convencida de que las mujeres deben tener la posibilidad de decidir" (es). BBC (29 September 2016).
- Bachelet promulga ley de aborto en 3 causales "Saldamos una deuda enorme con las mujeres de Chile" (es). 24Horas (2016).
- Chile es el país americano con mayor aumento de inmigrantes (es). diarioestrategia.cl (9 November 2018).
- Haitianos en Chile esperan por horas a la intemperie para regularizar situación migratoria (es) (21 September 2018).
- Los vaivenes del polémico pacto migratorio - Mesa Central - 16 de diciembre (es). T13 (16 December 2018).
- Presidenta Bachelet encabeza lanzamiento del proyecto “Chile Reconoce”, para rectificar nacionalidad chilena de hijos de extranjeros transeúntes (es). Revista Sur (2017).