|Mike T. McCaul|
|U.S. Representative from Texas's 10th Congressional District|
From: January 3, 2005 – present
|Predecessor||(none, district established)|
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
Michael Thomas “Mike” McCaul, Sr. (born January 14, 1962) is a member of the United States House of Representatives from Texas. He has served since 2005, and he sits as the Chair of the House Homeland Security Committee.
U.S. House of Representatives
Despite being a Republican, McCaul has taken RINO and globalist positions on border security and immigration, opposing a border wall along the border with Mexico and supporting cheap foreign labor. Conservative supporters of increased border security have called him "No-wall McCaul" due to his weak and globalist border security stances. These weak border security positions effectively blocked McCaul from being asked to join the Trump Administration as the Secretary of Homeland Security.
In late July 2020, McCaul voted to remove Civil War-era statues. He also later voted in favor of a bill sponsored by a far-left Democrat to condemn the use of the term "Chinese virus" as being "racist".
The CCP has targeted McCaul with a disinformation attempt to influence the 2020 U.S. House elections. While the election was rated as a tossup by the Cook Political Report, he managed to win re-election.
Despite the 2020 election fraud, McCaul opposed Ken Paxton's lawsuit in Texas v. Pennsylvania, refusing to join many conservative Republicans who opposed the damaging of election integrity in several swing states run by Democrat governors. McCaul later blamed the 2021 Capitol riot on Donald Trump and voted against the objections to the congressional certifications for the Biden electors in the states of Pennsylvania and Arizona. However, he later voted against the second Democrat impeachment attempt against Trump.
- Religious affiliation of members of 116th Congress
- Munro, Neil (September 7, 2017). Politico: Rep. McCaul Trying Again to Win DHS Job. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- Pickett, Kerry (July 31, 2017). Immigration Hawks Say No To McCaul For DHS Secretary. The Daily Caller. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- Binder, John (September 9, 2017). 5 Ways Mike McCaul Earned His Nickname ‘No Wall McCaul’. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- Munro, Neil (September 28, 2017). Politico: Rep. McCaul’s DHS Ambitions Blocked By Border Wall. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- The List: 72 Republicans Vote with Democrats to Remove Civil War-Era Memorabilia from U.S. Capitol. Breitbart News.
- Roll Call 193 | Bill Number: H. Res. 908. clerk.house.gov.
- China Disinformation Ops Target Top GOP Lawmaker. Washington Free Beacon.
- Lillis, Mike (November 2, 2020). Cook Political Report shifts 8 more House races toward Democrats. The Hill. Retrieved February 9, 2021.
- Gangitano, Alex (November 4, 2020). McCaul holds on to Texas House seat. The Hill. Retrieved February 9, 2021.
- Brufke, Juliegrace (December 11, 2020). House Republicans who didn't sign onto the Texas lawsuit. The Hill. Retrieved February 9, 2021.
- 'We really hit rock bottom today' | Texas reps McCaul, Doggett speak on chaos in D.C.. 12 News. Retrieved February 9, 2021.
- Recio, Maria (January 15, 2021). Chip Roy and Michael McCaul condemn Trump but vote with Texas Republicans to oppose impeachment. Austin American-Statesman via MSN. Retrieved February 9, 2021.
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress