The mullet is a haircut, most often worn by men, which is short at the sides (and also usually the front), but long at the back. Despite reaching the peak of its popularity in the 1980s, the mullet remains a distinctive and controversial fashion symbol. The mullet is currently banned in the Islamic state of Iran, as it, alongside numerous other styles, is considered a "decadent western cut."
Notable people to have worn mullets include:
- American conservative icon Chuck Norris
- English children's television presenter Pat Sharp
- Indian film actor Sanjay Dutt
- Australian musician Nick Cave
- Armenian tennis player Andre Agassi