My Muslim faith
- Obama: Let's not play games. What I was suggesting - you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith, and you're absolutely right that that has not come at my ...
- Interviewer: [breaking in] Christian faith
- Obama: [stuttering] ma - my Christian faith ... and what I am saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim ...
- Interviewer: [speaking over] the connection, right
- Obama: ... and I think that his campaign upper echelons have not either. What I think is fair to say is that coming out of the Republican camp there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something that I find deeply offensive and that has been going on for a pretty long ... [end of clip]
Supporters of Obama have suggested that Obama was talking about a false allegation of Obama's "Muslim faith," but that still does not explain his comfortable use of the phrase. A Christian is not likely to refer to "my Muslim faith," and Obama's comfortable use of the phrase "my Muslim faith" suggests he is a Muslim rather than a Christian.