Difference between revisions of "Nancy Pelosi"
|Line 270:||Line 270:|
[[Category:111th United States Congress]][[Category:112th United States Congress]][[Category:113th United States Congress]][[Category:114th United States Congress]][[Category:115th United States Congress]][[Category:116th United States Congress]]
[[Category:111th United States Congress]]
[[Category:112th United States Congress]]
[[Category:113th United States Congress]]
[[Category:114th United States Congress]]
[[Category:115th United States Congress]]
[[Category:116th United States Congress]]
Revision as of 13:03, 23 January 2020
|U.S. Representative from California's 12th District|
From: January 3, 2013 - Present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|U.S. Representative from California's 8th District|
From: January 3, 1993 - January 3, 2013
|U.S. Representative from California's 5th District|
From: June 2, 1987 - January 3, 1993
Nancy Pelosi has been Democratic party Leader of the House since 2002. She represents the 12th congressional district of California and has been criticized for imposing San Francisco values on mainstream America. She served as first woman Speaker of the House.
Pelosi backs mob violence, class warfare and socialist revolutionary fervor to address income inequality. She will become the oldest speaker in U.S. history. She is considered by many, including those in her own party, as "a third rate politician."
Pelosi's net worth was estimated at $26.4 million when she became Speaker in 2007. During the banking bailout, her net worth soared from $31.38 (2008) to $101.12 million (2010). This increase is "attributed to stock gains and smart investments." Yet this was a period during which the markets dropped significantly.
- 1 Speakership 2019–2021
- 2 Speakership 2007–2011
- 3 Personal life
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Speakership 2019–2021 Prof. Victor Davis Hanson observed:
"The Democratic Party of Humphrey, JFK, or even Bill Clinton no longer exists. It's a pyramid with a few grandees on top that have enough money they can be immune from the consequences of their own ideology, and then a group on the bottom who depend on subsidies. And they have alienated the middle class."
Pelosi raised $130 million for the midterm elections. The 78 year old promised "new leadership" and an intention to create "a House Diversity Office." Trump's approval ratings stood higher than Pelosi as she regained power. After former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen delivered testimony that embarrassed the House Judiciary and Democrats, Pelosi declared forget about impeaching Trump, it's "just not worth it."
NeverNancy movementSeth Moulton, Tim Ryan, Ed Perlmutter, Kathleen Rice, Bill Foster, Filemon Vela, Kurt Schrader, Conor Lamb, Jim Cooper, Brian Higgins, Stephen Lynch, Linda Sánchez, Reps.-Elect Abigail Spanberger, Jason Crow, Mikie Sherrill, Andy Kim, Haley Stevens, Joe Cunningham, Max Rose, Jeff Van Drew, Anthony Brindisi and Ben McAdams. NeverNancy Democrats vowed to
"support new leadership because voters in hard-won districts, and across the country, want to see real change in Washington."
The organizers of the Dump Pelosi movement were two white men, Seth Moulton and Tim Ryan who, for appearance sake, proposed replacing a woman with woman. Reps. Marcia Fudge, Cheri Bustos and Karen Bass all were put forward. Pelosi issued the obligatory charges of bigotry, misogyny, and sexism against elected Democrats. The 16 NeverPelosi members represent 12 million citizens, of which more than 6 million are Democratic voters. Pelosi adopted a racist and condescending attitude toward a Fox News reporter who called her out for her lack of transparency and truthfulness in negotiations.
Rep. Marcia Fudge of the Congressional Black Caucus considered running against Pelosi for Speaker. Rep. Keith Ellison, who was relegated to the back of the bus in the newly created position of vice-chair of the DNC despite his frontrunner status as top fundraiser, was kicked out of party leadership after the 2018 midterms. Racist progressives increased their power when they dumped longtime civil rights activist Rep. Barbara Lee for the position of Democrat Caucus leader. Post-election recount ballot box stuffing to steal a dozen House seats may have offset the Dump Pelosi movement and provided the difference to insure Pelosi's survival.
Some members of the rebellion were willing to vote for Pelosi if she would agree to a "Sell by" date for her retirement which she agreed to. Others who vowed on the campaign trail not to vote for Pelosi as Speaker were given an option: they could vote against Pelosi in the closed door caucus meeting, "Present" on the floor vote (thus keeping their promise to voters) and keep their committee assignments as well. Pelosi's biographer made it clear that if the coup plotters against Pelosi failed, "life would become uncomfortable."Justice Democrats, a group that backed Reps.-elect Ocasio-Cortez and Ayanna S. Pressley, urged progressive Democrats to withhold their votes to
“extract concessions...Medicare For All, rejecting corporate donations, free college, dismantling mass incarceration and mass deportation."As California burned, Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez led a mob of tree huggers in a takeover of Pelosi's office. For years California has transferred money from forest management - removing dead trees - to social spending for Democrat vote-buying schemes. California was wracked by unprecedented wildfires taking scores of lives and burning down whole cities. With 233 seats in the bag, Pelosi could only afford to lose 15 votes. 16 members publicly joined the NeverPelosi movement. President Trump weighed in and said he could guarantee enough Republican votes to save Pelosi. Pelosi became so desperate she began an online petition at pelosiforcongress.org,
“Let Nancy know you’ve got her back. Add your name."
Traditionally Speaker races were strictly internal affairs. With Pelosi's election on the ropes, Pelosi invited big money special interest lobbying groups to muscle in. MoveOn.org, NAMBLA/Pro-Choice America, People for the American Way, Service Employees International Union, Protect Our Care, End Citizens United, League of Conservation Voters, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, United Farm Workers, Communications Workers of America, American Federation of Government Employees, United Auto Workers, National Association of Letter Carriers, and Tax March voiced support for Pelosi. The groups essentially threatened to withhold money from NeverPelosi Democrats. The bosses of Center for American Progress, AFL-CIO, and Moms Demand Action also voiced support.
15 Democrats surprisingly held their integrity and kept their promises to voters, refusing to vote for Pelosi as Speaker.
Mental health concerns
- Main article: Alzheimer's disease
Pelosi has been the subject of much concern over her deteriorating mental health condition. There are seven stages of dementia; the consensus of opinion among experts and observers is that Pelosi is somewhere between Stage 3 and Stage 6. The frequent brain freezes, facial tics, mumbling, mispronouncistion of words, confusion of what decade she's living in and so on can actually be a reaction to medication, rather than a symptom of the underlying disease.In 2014, Pelosi became unhinged and chased Rep. Tom Marino across the House floor during a debate on Border Security funding. Marino said on the House floor,
"Under the leadership of the former Speaker, and under the leadership of their former leader, when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed, they didn't have the strength to go after it back then, but are trying to make a political issue out of it now."Pelosi fumbled for words when Prof. Jonathan Gruber - who wrote the Obamacare bill - was exposed for lying and deceiving the American public. Even Senate Democrat leader Chuck Schumer admitted Obamacare was a mistake.
- Main article: Totalitarianism
Pelosi has a long history of backing totalitarian ideals.
Pelosi backs Medicare for All.
In the opening days of the new Congress, Pelosi wanted to flood the country with dope, human traffickers, human trafficking, grooming gangs and criminal migrants. She referred to it as a moral issue and cancelled the President's constitutionally mandated State of Union, which traditionally is held in the House chamber. Pelosi was willing to shut down the government rather than allow Congress to vote funding for border defense.
House Rule changes
Pelosi made significant rule changes to the 116th Congress. She greatly expanded the size of the House Counsel Office, and authorized them to challenge the U.S. Justice Department in court over the constitutionality of Obamacare.
Critics say Pelosi has essentially created her own Justice Department within the Legislative Branch, and nothing is stopping her from creating her own FBI.
She also greatly expanded the powers of HPSCI chair Adam Schiff. Investigating committees can subpoena and depose people without the minority being notified or present. These committees are targeting the Executive Office of the President, President Trump, and the Trump family.
Pelosi lifted term limitations on committee chairpersons and buried the Gingrich reform requiring members to pay their own race discrimination and sexual harassment settlements. Additionally, staffers can be forced to sign non-disclosure agreements without the agreements first being vetted by the House Ethics Committee. This, coupled with the expansion of civil servants on staff, is a potentially frightening development.
Background checks on illegal immigrants who attempt to purchase a gun. On February 27, 2019 House Republicans offered a ‘motion to recommit‘ to legislation that would increase federal background checks on gun purchases, adding an amendment requiring Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to be notified if an illegal alien attempted to purchase a firearm. 26 moderate Democrats voted in favor of the amendment.
In response Pelosi announced she would change the House Rules removing the ‘motion to recommit’ process that allows the voice of the minority to be heard.
Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy commented, “Rather than reconcile the differences within their party that are driving this division, Democrats want to rig the rules and suppress the minority party’s speech on the House floor."Rep. Ocasio-Cortez proposed targeting dissenting Democrats, and providing violent activists a list of their names, and unleash the jackboots. Ocasio-Cortez
"suggested in a closed-door meeting of House Democrats that she would help liberal activists unseat moderate Democrats skirting the party line, a spokesperson for Ocasio-Cortez said according to the Washington Post.
“She said that when activists ask her why she had to vote for a gun safety bill that also further empowers an agency that forcibly injects kids with psychotropic drugs, they’re going to want a list of names and she’s going to give it to them,” spokesperson Corbin Trent said, referring to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement."
- Main article: Climate Crisis Committee
"The select committee shall have authority to develop a detailed national, industrial, economic mobilization plan for the transition of the United States economy to become greenhouse gas emissions neutral and to significantly draw down greenhouse gases from the atmosphere and oceans and to promote economic and environmental justice and equality."The Green New Deal advances non-environmental projects, such as "social, economic, racial, regional and gender-based justice." Ocasio-Cortez's claims it will eliminate poverty:
"The Plan for a Green New Deal (and the draft legislation) shall recognize that a national, industrial, economic mobilization of this scope and scale is a historic opportunity to virtually eliminate poverty in the United States and to make prosperity, wealth and economic security available to everyone participating in the transformation."The new committee is responsible for creating a plan with draft legislation. The Green New Deal was introduced as H.Res.109 on February 7, 2019. Six weeks into Democrat control of the House it already claimed victory for destroying 25,000 jobs. Rep. Carolyn Maloney of New York, who supports the Green New Deal, was livid when her fellow communists killed the prospect of Amazon bringing its main headquarters to New York and creating 25,000 jobs with wages averaging $150,000. Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Ocasio-Cortez took credit for killing the Amazon deal. CNN reported the fight over Amazon is the fight for the future of the Democratic Party. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted:
"Anything is possible: today was the day a group of dedicated, everyday New Yorkers & their neighbors defeated Amazon's corporate greed, its worker exploitation, and the power of the richest man in the world."Warren tweeted
"How long will we allow giant corporations to hold our democracy hostage?"Amazon was promised up to $1.5 billion in tax abatements in exchange for the promise of creating 25,000 jobs. Ocasio-Cortez believes a tax abatement is a bucket of cash the government can spend on subways or teachers. Warren called the tax incentives "bribes."
BigotryThe U.S. State Department has on its website as part of its definition of anti-Semitism:
Making mendacious, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Jews as such or the power of Jews as collective — such as, especially but not exclusively, the myth about a world Jewish conspiracy or of Jews controlling the media, economy, government or other societal institutions.In March 2019, the Democratic controlled House of Representatives, under Speaker Nancy Pelosi, refused to pass a resolution rebuking Rep. Ilhan Omar for a persistent pattern of anti-Semitic statements Omar received support from Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke.
Epstein and Mueller
When Democrat megadonor and two-time convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein was arrested on child sex trafficking charges of dozens of young girls between 2002-2005, Speaker Pelosi's daughter braced the party faithful for more bad news to come in a tweet: "It is quite likely that some of our faves are implicated." This came just days before Robert Mueller was to testify about why he allowed a pedophile to walk free who gave supposed "evidence" in his Mueller Report on Russia collusion. Mueller had allowed Epstein to roam free as well ten years earlier because Epstein was supposedly a reliable FBI informant, as well.
Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Botox) was elected Speaker of the House after the 2006 midterm elections when Democrats gained majorities in the House and Senate. John McCain referred to her as "one of the great American success stories" and "an inspiration."
When coming into her leadership position in 2007, Pelosi's "6 for 06" 100-hour campaign promise turned out being 100-legislative hours, and took several weeks.
On Earth Day in 2008, Pelosi stated: "The Bible tells us in the Old Testament, 'To minister to the needs of God's creation is an act of worship. To ignore those needs is to dishonor the God who made us.'" Pelosi has used the quote many times, often attributing it to Isaiah. The verse is non-existent.
During the 2010 congressional elections, largely due to the unpopularity of Pelosi's extreme positions, Republicans gained a historic 60+ seats in the U.S. House of Representatives. Pelosi was stripped of power on January 3, 2011, when the 112th Congress was sworn in.
Scuttled ethics reform
Corruption and reform were big issues in the 2006 Midterm elections. Pelosi pledged reform during the election. Members of Pelosi's own Democratic Caucus warned failure to deliver on their promises to clean up corruption could be damaging. Twenty freshmen Democrats asked for legislation to establish an independent ethics commission within the legislative branch to investigate future ethical lapses by fellow members. Pelosi resisted the reform.
Members regularly abuse the appropriations process by earmarking public money to fund projects in their own districts, such as the San Francisco was project from which she and her family financially gained. Earmarks are an area of the legislative process particularly susceptible to corruption.
Pelosi's famous comment- the 'culture of corruption' was only meant to apply to Republicans.
On October 28, 2008 Pelosi said "Elect us, hold us accountable, and make a judgment and then go from there. But I do tell you that if the Democrats win, and have substantial majorities, the Congress of the United States will be more bipartisan." Commenting on Pelosi, Republican Mike Pence said, “As it’s been said before, I have an open mind but not an empty mind.” 
Anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan challenged Pelosi as an independent. Although Sheehan won 16% of the vote, more than the Republican nominee's 10%, Pelosi was reelected with 72%.
When Obama was elected Pelosi said that Obama is "a leader God has blessed us with at this time." 
The passage of Obamacare cost Pelosi her job as Speaker as Democrats took a shellacking in the 2006 midterm elections. Pelosi and 60 Democrats were unceremoniously tossed out.
At the time of passage Pelosi claimed passage of the "Affordable Health Care for America Act" H.R. 3962 as a major achievrment. The bill cost $1.1 trillion. It just barely passed 215-210, as 39 Democrats voted against the bill. The bill laid a tax on Americans requiring all Americans to purchase insurance they did not want or may not need. The bill was incomprehensible to most, even House members. Pelosi famously said, "We have to pass it to see what's in it."
Like most Democrat legislation, the bill created massive new bureaucratic agencies will administrative powers to create new regulations. Senate Democrat Leader Cuck Schumer, in a moment of candid realism, admitted passage of Obamacare was a mistake. Obamacare retarded economic growth for the remainder of President Obama's term.
Pelosi is a strong supporter of abortion, but to get 215 votes she gave in to Catholic leaders nationally and abortion opponents in her own caucus, allowing tight restrictions of the Stupak Amendment which barred any insurance plan purchased with government subsidies from covering abortions. Numerous liberals denounced the bill even as they voted for it. The bill went to the Senate where it was adopted with amendments.
Abortion and Planned Parenthood
In 2009, student Lila Rose exposed several instances of illegal behavior by Planned Parenthood. However, Pelosi still wanted $200 million for Planned Parenthood as part of the 2009 economic stimulus bill. When asked to explain why this money would promote economic stimulus, Pelosi was never able to give a sensible answer and Planned Parenthood funding was dropped from the bill.
Commenting on her erroneous understanding of the Catholic Church beliefs regarding conception, Nancy quips “And what I know is, over the centuries, the doctors of the church have not been able to make that definition. And St. Augustine said at three months. We don’t know.”  Archbishop Donald Wuerl rebuked her saying "From the beginning, the Catholic Church has respected the dignity of all human life from the moment of conception to natural death."
Marc Sheppard of American Thinker has asked how can,
- "one of the most outspoken advocates for unrestricted abortion in Congress -- with a perfect 100% rating from the radical pro-abortion group NARAL, -- maintain a straight face when declaring a concern for children? How can you vote NO to making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime (Lacy and Conner’s Law - H.R.1997) and pretend to care about infants? How does anyone who voted against restricting interstate transport of minors for the purpose of abortion (H.R 748) or outlawing the barbaric infanticide which is partial birth abortion (H.R 3660) seriously proclaim that anything she does is “about children”.
In 2013, then-Chief Justice of the Vatican, Cardinal Raymond Burke, stated that she should be denied communion because “[t]his is a person who obstinately, after repeated admonitions, persists in a grave sin--cooperating with the crime of procured abortion--and still professes to be a devout Catholic.”
In defense of children in the mother's womb and the sanctity of Jesus in the host, a priest at the Saint's Peter and Paul Church in Nancy Pelosi's home district, Fr. John Malloy wrote a letter regarding her abortion stance and church services. The letter makes mention of her 100% rating with NARAL and her support for partial birth abortion. The last line says "...Nancy, do not receive the Eucharist when you attend Mass." 
In the 2001 San Francisco Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride Parade Pelosi marched along with long time CPUSA  member and gay rights pioneer Harry Hay. A gay activist group calling itself the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), eulogized Hay as "the first to realize that the dream of equality for our community could be attained through visibility and activism". An outspoken advocate of the North American Man-Boy Love Association NAMBLA, Hay regularly addressed NAMBLA conferences.[Citation Needed] NAMBLA carries published material by Hay on its website dating back to 1984. The ACLU defended NAMBLA against a $200 million lawsuit by parents of a 10 year old murder victim who claimed their sons’ killer was motivated by published material on NAMBLA's website. The Human Rights Campaign contributed $10,000 to Pelosi's campaign.
Every year, the gay and lesbian community participates in the Folsom Street Fair that is located in her San Francisco district. They are barely dressed and publicly expose themselves in depraved sex acts. In addition, crucifixes made into sex toys are sold on the street during the fair. In 2007, the Fair mocked the 'Last Supper' image of Christians, with homosexuals in leather posing as Christ and the Apostles. Not a word of condemnation from Pelosi on the sacrilegious display.
Pelosi tried to pass legislation making it illegal for Boy Scouts to use public facilities like schools. According to the Wall Street Journal, her position on the bill was in response to the Boy Scouts not allowing gay scoutmasters, but this was proven to be false.
Support for Syria and Assad
Pelosi traveled to Damascus, Syria in April 2007 to meet with Syrian Ba'athist leader Bashar al-Assad. Pelosi indicated at a press conference that she had carried a message from the government of Israel. "Our message was President Bush’s message," Pelosi told The Associated Press in Portugal. Pelosi told reporters the meeting "enabled us to communicate a message from Prime Minister Olmert".
The Israeli Prime Minister's office stated Olmert told Pelosi that Israel continued to regard Syria as "part of the axis of evil and a party encouraging terrorism in the entire Middle East." The Jerusalem Post reported sources at the Prime Minister's Office said, "Pelosi took part of the things that were said in the meeting, and used what suited her." 
The trip was praised by terrorists as "brave". Members of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad have said Pelosi aligns to their views about terror much better than Bush and Dr. Condoleezza Rice. Khaled Al-Batch, spokesman for Islamic Jihad, which along with Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades has taken responsibility for every suicide bombing in Israel since 2005, expressed hope Pelosi and the Democratic Party will pressure Bush to create dialogue with Syrian rebel and Middle East "resistance movements" and prompt an American withdrawal from Iraq.
HOUSE SPEAKER Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) offered an excellent demonstration yesterday of why members of Congress should not attempt to supplant the secretary of state when traveling abroad. After a meeting with Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad in Damascus, Ms. Pelosi announced that she had delivered a message from Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert that "Israel was ready to engage in peace talks" with Syria. What's more, she added, Mr. Assad was ready to "resume the peace process" as well. Having announced this seeming diplomatic breakthrough, Ms. Pelosi suggested that her Kissingerian shuttle diplomacy was just getting started. "We expressed our interest in using our good offices in promoting peace between Israel and Syria," she said.
Only one problem: The Israeli prime minister entrusted Ms. Pelosi with no such message. "What was communicated to the U.S. House Speaker does not contain any change in the policies of Israel," said a statement quickly issued by the prime minister's office. In fact, Mr. Olmert told Ms. Pelosi that "a number of Senate and House members who recently visited Damascus received the impression that despite the declarations of Bashar Assad, there is no change in the position of his country regarding a possible peace process with Israel." In other words, Ms. Pelosi not only misrepresented Israel's position but was virtually alone in failing to discern that Mr. Assad's words were mere propaganda. ...
Never mind that that statement is ludicrous: As any diplomat with knowledge of the region could have told Ms. Pelosi, Mr. Assad is a corrupt thug whose overriding priority at the moment is not peace with Israel but heading off U.N. charges that he orchestrated the murder of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq al-Hariri. The really striking development here is the attempt by a Democratic congressional leader to substitute her own foreign policy for that of a sitting Republican president. Two weeks ago Ms. Pelosi rammed legislation through the House of Representatives that would strip Mr. Bush of his authority as commander in chief to manage troop movements in Iraq. Now she is attempting to introduce a new Middle East policy that directly conflicts with that of the president. We have found much to criticize in Mr. Bush's military strategy and regional diplomacy. But Ms. Pelosi's attempt to establish a shadow presidency is not only counterproductive, it is foolish.
Pelosi was roundly criticized from all quarters for making the trip. The New York Post said, "the sad reality is that Pelosi is sending Assad the same message she and her Democratic colleagues in Congress have sent the terrorist insurgency in Iraq: Just wait until President Bush leaves office and a Democratic administration will hand you what you want on a platter." The Philadelphia Enquirer ran an editorial declaring Pelosi "was nuts" to visit Assad.
Refusal to pay troopsPelosi was for the War in Iraq before she was against it. During the Clinton administration Pelosi's said
"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."In 2003 Leader Pelosi voted for the War in Iraq. By 2005 Pelosi called eliminating a fascist dictatorship and establishing a parliamentary democracy in Iraq a "grotesque mistake".
As Speaker, a major setback for Pelosi was the rejection by Democrats in both Houses for her plan to cut and run from Iraq. Pelosi promised in the csmpaign a Vietnam-style solution to stop funding the troops. In a stunning rebuke to her leadership, the House voted 280-142 to continue fighting radical Islamic extremists. Only radical fringe Democrats voted against paying the troops. In bi-partisan compromise Pelosi won a raise in the minimum wage in exchange for paying the troops.
John Brennan and torture
- See also: John Brennan
Pelosi has been caught lying about her knowledge of CIA interrogations. She claims she was never briefed by the Bush Administration. In fact, Pelosi was briefed through the Gang of Eight process. The Washington Post reported "In September 2002, four members of Congress [House members including Pelosi] met in secret for a first look at a unique CIA program designed to wring vital information from reticent terrorism suspects in U.S. custody," and "Among the techniques described, said two officials present, was waterboarding..." 
After doing nothing to improve the intelligence of the CIA, after admonishing the CIA for lying, and providing no evidence weeks after her allegation, Pelosi then said she has confidence in the intelligence community.
On November 2, 2007, Brennan defended the torture program:
|“||the C.I.A. has acknowledged that it has detained about 100 terrorists since 9/11, and about a third of them have been subjected to what the C.I.A. refers to as enhanced interrogation tactics.and only a small proportion of those have in fact been subjected to the most serious types of enhanced procedures.||”|
China: Human rights vs global warming
Pelosi left the U.S. at a time when she is under verbal attack at home for her CIA comments. During her travel to China she made no mention of Chinese human rights abuses but raised awareness for Global warming. Earlier she was calling for President Bush to boycott the Olympics held in China over human rights abuses in Tibet.
Opposed energy Independence
Rising pump prices was a big issue in the 2006 elections. Many Americans were paying more for gasoline than they were on housing. A poll showed more than 75% of Americans supported expanding domestic drilling. The poll showed 85% of Republicans, 71% of Democrats and 68% of Independents favored more drilling. The poll found the public split on whether domestic drilling would have an impact on gas prices.Pelosi wanted oil companies to drill on federal lands already leased and refused to allow a vote for additional domestic drilling. In July 2008 Pelosi told George Stephanopoulos on ABC News's This Week program,
In May 2017, Pelosi claimed the Democratic Party was not divided, despite clear examples to the contrary.
Attends hate ceremony
Pelosi's father was a Congressman from Maryland and later the Mayor of Baltimore for twelve years. On the day her father dedicated Baltimore's monument to Confederate generals Stonewall Jackson and Robert E. Lee, Nancy joined in the celebrations together with the grandchildren of Lee and Jackson.
While her father was serving as mayor, Pelosi's brother, Roosevelt D'Alasandro, was one of thirteen boys charged with kidnapping 2 girls aged 11 and 13, holding them for a week, and rape.
When she graduated from Trinity College in 1962, Pelosi did not remain to serve her community, but rather joined the white flight out of Baltimore as so many other whites did and moved to California where blacks were fewer in number. She married and had five children. Pelosi rose through the ranks to become chair of the California Democratic Party and representative to the Democratic National Committee.
Pelosi is a protege of California progressive Willie Brown. In 1987, Pelosi made the leap into elected office by winning the special election called after the death of Representative Sala Burton. She served on the House Appropriations Committee and the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
Previously Pelosi represented California's 8th district (1993-2013) and its 5th district (1987-1993). She was Speaker of the House from 2007 to 2011, succeeding J. Dennis Hastert and preceding John Boehner.
Since being elected Democrat Leader in 2002 Pelosi has raised $750,000,000 for Congressional Democrats.
Pelosi is among the ten richest members of the House with a net worth estimated at over $150 million.
Pelosi's rise in the Democrat party national leadership began with her election in one of the richest and bluest districts in America. With a safe seat guaranteed, she could raise money from Democrat millionaires in her district and funnel the cash to other Democrat House candidates around the country, making those members indebted to her and buying their loyalty.
One of Nancy Pelosi's largest investments is a private golf development partnership called Lions Gate Limited. The Santa Clara County Planning Committee approved a plan to build a 275-acre golf course 30 minutes south of San Jose, but only under strict conditions. They agreed to allow 60% public usage of the course and to abide by strict environmental rules, since a number of endangered species were present in the area. The club, CordaValle, opened in 2000 and did very well, making $250,000 for each member and $400,000 for corporations.
But then the Planning Commission took a look to see if the guidelines had been followed. First of all, only about a dozen non-members had been actually able to play on the course, a far cry from 60%. CordeValle had also set up obvious anti-public rules, such as requiring people to call seventy-two hours in advance and pay close to $300 for 18 holes. Upon investigation, the Commission learned that non-members were told that the club was "full" and turned away even when the club was relatively empty. There were a series of public hearings on the matter and it was concluded that Lion's Gate was in clear violation of the agreement they had made.
During the hearings, it emerged that Lion's Gate had also ignored many of the applicable environmental regulations. They failed to build two ponds that were necessary to preserve two species of lizard and turtle. And only one mandatory annual environmental report had been submitted in seven years. In 2004, a county report complained that improperly abandoned wells and urban pollutants from the resort were causing water quality degradation in the area.
In 2003, the Pelosis and the development partnership finally hired some lobbyists and put a few government employees on the payroll. This caused the commission to cave and give up their fraud investigation as long as the course agreed to host a charity golf tournament for children.
Personal gains from pork
In May 2007 Pelosi inserted a $25 million earmark into the Water Resources Development Act for a project that involved renovating ports near four commercial properties owned by her husband, Paul Pelosi, which boosted the value of the property he owned. The properties earn combined annual income of more than $3 million.
Illegal and non-union employees
According to opensecrets.org, nearly half of Pelosi's assets are invested in a Napa County, California, vineyard called Zinfandel Lane. Capitolnews.com has reported Pelosi only employs non-union laborers and does not provide health coverage for her workers. In addition, it is believed illegal aliens have been exploited by Pelosi on the work farm, as well as a general question surrounding paying a basic liveable wage for many of society's most vulnerable.
Know Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters. She writes "If women can learn from me, it will make the honor of being Speaker of the House even greater." Currently, the majority rating is one star on Amazon.com and is doing poorly in sales, ranked at 1620 for a non-fiction memoir.
- Inside the House Democrats’ first meeting since the election: PELOSI said income disparity is a top Democratic priority. CEOs, she said, once made ...[bla bla bla]. She said Democrats won’t think or work incrementally.
- Ferrechio, Susan (December 14, 2018). Nancy Pelosi due to be America's oldest House speaker. Washington Examiner. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- "Nancy Pelosi Net Worth", Celebs Net Worth
- https://www.opensecrets.org/personal-finances/net-worth/Nancy-Pelosi?cid=N00007360&year=2015 "Nancy Pelosi," OpenSecrets.org.
- Listen to Why Nancy Pelosi Won't Back Down by CQ Roll Call Podcast #np on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/cq-rollcall/why-nancy-pelosi-wont-back
- Yilek, Caitlin (July 12, 2017). Nancy Pelosi again refers to Trump as 'President Bush'. Washington Examiner. Retrieved July 13, 2017.
- McCain extends olive branch to Pelosi, Gore, San Francisco Chronicle
- Christianity Today, June 2008, Pg. 15
- Nancy Pelosi Ousted as House Speaker, John Boehner Waits in Wings, ABC News
- Democrats divided on lobbying reform, Josephine Hearn and Jeff Patch, May 15, 2007. Retrieved from Politico 06/01/07.
- Alexander Bolton, Dems press Pelosi for ethics panel, The Hill, April 19, 2007.
- The More Things Change, The More They Stay the Same, ABC News, April 25, 2007.
- In another example of her hypocrisy, Democrat Charles Rangel was under investigation for ethics violations. Nancy said "she has no intention of forcing Rangel out"Republicans in Rangel Tug of War Newsmax, September 10, 2008
- More ‘Bipartisan’ Congress Not Likely, Pence Says CNSNews, November 17, 2008
- Pelosi Suggests Obama is a Gift from God Associated Press, August 19, 2008
- David M. Herszenhorn and Jackie Calmes, "Abortion Was at Heart of Wrangling," The New York Times Nov 7, 2009
- Undercover activist awarded for pro-life work
- Speaker Pelosi Likes Leather
- Abortion Advocates Upset Planned Parenthood Bailout Dropped From Stimulus Bill, LifeNews.com
- Archbishop of Washington Chides Pelosi Fox News, August 26, 2008
- Marc Sheppard, Pelosi: God Bless the Child that’s not at Home, American Thinker, January 14, 2007.
- California Catholic Daily A priest writes to Nancy Pelosi, February 1, 2007
- The Boston Phoenix, The real Harry Hay, Michael Bronski, October 31 - November 7, 2002.
- The American Spectator Special Report, When Nancy Met Harry, Jeffrey Lord, 10/5/2006.
- The San Francisco Chronicle, Official Guide & Program Parade Lineup, page SP - 14, June 22, 2001.
- Human Rights Campaign Mourns the Death of Gay Rights Pioneer Harry Hay, Press Release, Oct. 24, 2002.
- Deroy Murdock, No Boy Scouts: The ACLU defends NAMBLA, National Review Online, February 27, 2004.
- Curley Vs. NAMBLA
- Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Top Contributors
- Concerned Women for America, Homosexual Bills Top House Speaker Pelosi’s List, January 10, 2007.
- San Francisco Catholic Church Attacked by Pro-Homosexual Marriage Vandals, CNSNews, January 13, 2009
- The Truth About Nancy Pelosi
- Journal editorial falsely claimed Pelosi "vot[ed] to revoke the Boy Scouts' charter for its ban on gay scoutmasters", Media Matters for America
- Pelosi Delivered Wrong Message to Assad, Israel Says, CNSNews Apr 7 2007.
- PMO: Pelosi did not carry any message from Israel to Assad, Yoav Stern and Amiram Barkat, Haaretz Correspondents and AP, 5 April 2007.
- Terrorists endorse Pelosi's 'good policy of dialogue', Aaron Klein, Israel News, 04.05.07. "Palestinian terror group members call US House speaker's visit to Damascus 'brave' and hope for talks with Iran; ‘I think the Democratic Party can do things the best,’ Islamic Jihad member says"
- Pratfall in Damascus, Washington Post
- Nancy's Nonsense, New York Post, 3 April 2007.
- Claudia Rosett, Pelosi was nuts to visit with Assad, Philadelphia Enquirer, Thu, Apr. 05, 2007.
- Congress OKs war bill sans timeline, By S.A. Miller, The Washington Times, May 25, 2007.
- Minimum wages and school enrollment of teenagers: a look at the 1990’s. Duncan D. Chaplin, Mark D. Turner, Andreas D. Pape. Economics of Education Review. 22 (2003) 11–21.
- "Hamilton and Madison knew what they were doing when they gave the bulk of the war powers to the President, and it's hard to imagine a more telling vindication of their wisdom...Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Harry Reid claim to oppose the war and want it to end, yet they refused to use their power of the purse to end it. Instead, they tried every legislative gimmick imaginable to hamstring President Bush's war strategy without actually having to take responsibility for cutting off funds.Congress and Iraq, Wall Street Journal, May 26, 2007.
- Pelosi Says She Was 'Never Briefed' on Waterboarding CNSNews, April 24, 2009
- House Democrats' Letter Says Panetta Testified CIA 'Misled' Congress Fox News, July 8, 2009
- The Early Show on CBS, John Brennan interview with Harry Smith. 
- Fox News Polling Opinion Dynamics Fox News, June 21, 2008
- An anti-Bush CNN poll found "just over half say that the Bush administration and the war in Iraq are major causes of high fuel prices."GOP lawmakers want special session on energy crisis
- She did allow a vote to close the House of Representatives early for a five-week recess without addressing energy issues. A Month Off for Bad Behavior Townhall, July 30, 2008. Pelosi wanted to tap into the Strategic Oil Reserves. "America's greatest strategic reserves lie beneath taxpayer-owned lands - including ANWR's northern coastal plain and the outer continental shelf - that are currently off limits to energy production,” said Daniel Kish, senior vice president of the Institute for Energy Research, an oil industry-supported think tank. U.S. oil reserves sought for relief, The Washington Times, July 11, 2008
- Pelosi's support for renewable energy and new technologies did not lower energy prices. "A New Direction", the Democrats' Six for '06 campaign promised energy independence, however once elected she refused to deliver. "For 25 years, Democrats have blocked more American-made oil and gas. That's why we're in the predicament we're in, voters want Congress to vote on more American made oil and gas. We want to do that. She, Harry Reid, Barack Obama are standing in the way." "She's got time to go out and promote her new book tour and her new book, but she doesn't have time to schedule a vote on the floor of the House and let the American people have their will expressed?" said Republican Leader John Boehner, who made energy independrnce a reality when he assumed the Speakership.
- Pelosi was scheduled to speak at a March 2, 2009 global warming protest, but did not make it because her plane, a huge gas guzzler, was delayed due to a snowstorm.Pelosi Snowed-Out of Global Warming Rally, Cybercast News Service
- Nazarian, Adelle (May 3, 2017). Nancy Pelosi Claims Broken Democratic Party Is ‘100 Percent Unified’. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 3, 2017.
- Follow the Leader, Michael Crowley, New Republic, November 25, 2002.
- Barry Witt, "Cordevalle club not living up to 60 percent language," San Jose Mercury News Jan. 10, 2002.
- Barry Witt, "CordeValle Update," San Jose Mercury News, May 8, 2003.
- Barry Witt, "What to do on CordeValle; open it up to the public, or open up its wallet", San Jose Mercury News, August 7, 2003
- File 5950-68-28-94P, Lions Gate Limited Partnership Staff Report, San Jose Planning Commission, August 5, 2004, and November 4, 2004 (same file name)
- Barry Witt, "Help for CordeValle," San Jose Mercury News, June 13, 2003.
- Pelosi’s Waterworks, Stephen Spruiell, National Review Online, May 9, 2007.
- Her $an Francisco Treat: Pelosi Water-Bill Bid Drawing Fire, Geoff Earle, New York Post, May 8, 2007.
- Does Pelosi’s Non-Union Vineyard Use Illegal Aliens?, Monday 30 October 2006.
- Corsi's Obama title soars to No. 1, Pelosi's tanks WorldNetDaily, July 31, 2008
- Nancy Pelosi's Congressional Page
- Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) Top Contributors
- Ed Shaw: 50 Years In Fight For Socialism, The Militant, Vol.59/No.44, November 27, 1995.