Omicron variant, also known as B.1.1.529, is a strain of SARS-CoV-2 first discovered in South Africa in late November 2021 with reported cases in several other countries. Currently, reportedly little is known about the mutations comprising Omicron. As of Jan. 1, 2022, the CDC asserted that 95% of new COVID-19 cases were due to the Omicron variant. It is unclear in early January 2022 if the COVID vaccine has effectiveness against this variant.
Several countries have banned travel with South Africa, prompting sharp criticisms due to the fact that scientists in South Africa had discovered the variant with advanced genome sequencing; the nation's Ministry of International Relations and Cooperation responded: "Excellent science should be applauded and not punished".
Incumbent White House officeholder Joseph R. Biden, who called travel bans "racist" and "xenophobic," imposed a travel ban on eight Black African countries, some with no reported cases, based on recommendations of medical advisers led by Anthony Fauci. Fauci has been referred to the International Criminal Court in the Netherlands for crimes against humanity.
Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine press release
According to a Pfizer press release dated December 08, 2021, preliminary laboratory studies demonstrate that three doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine neutralize the Omicron variant (B.1.1.529 lineage) while two doses show significantly reduced neutralization titers.
The Omicron variant is unlikely to be related to the Alpha and Delta variants of coronavirus. Instead, its mutations cause it to be distinct from the other strains of the virus. The mutations are likely to make the Omicron variant ineffective to combat by COVID-19 vaccines, due to a potentially different "Spike" gene (associated with 32 different mutations) the vaccines are designed to target.
Racist travel ban
Regime chief propagandist Jen Psaki refused to answer questions about Biden's racist travel ban on Africans travelling from Black African countries. When Simon Ateba, a black African reporter with Today News Africa, attempted to question Psaki about the racist motivations behind the travel ban on black Africans, Psaki ignored Ateba in favor of a sympathetic white liberal reporter. Ateba was persistent, and wanted to know why with no cases of the Omicron coronavirus variant in Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, and Mozambique, what justified the travel ban on countries with zero cases of the variant. Ateba asked, “What would you say to those who believe that this is a racist ban, that it is only on African and black African nations?” Psaki couldn't answer the question and scolded Ateba about decorum, telling him to learn his place by watching his white counterparts. According to Fox News, Ateba said,
|"The travel ban was built on a lie. The president on November 26  banned 8 African countries. Only 2 of those countries had any case of the omicron variant.”
Ateba, a native of Cameroon according to the Committee to Protect Journalists, went on to question the supposed science behind Biden’s ban, pointing to Namibia, a small country on the continent’s Atlantic coast. The nation of 2.5 million people registered only 400 cases of COVID-19 since the virus’ inception, he said, but yet Biden essentially punished them anyway.
“There’s total chaos: People can’t travel to Namibia, Zimbabwe [or] Mozambique, yet they have zero cases. So I don’t believe I was the one being disrespectful. I think Africa was disrespected, by banning countries based on a lie,” he said, referencing claims by Psaki he was being disrespectful of his fellow White House reporters."
- ↑ Da Silva, Chantal (November 26, 2021). WHO names new variant of concern 'omicron,' as scientists advise caution. NBC News via Yahoo. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- ↑ Tidey, Alice (November 27, 2021). WHO labels new COVID-19 variant 'of concern', names it Omicron. Euronews. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Drake, John (November 28, 2021). What We Know About The Omicron Variant. Forbes. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Berger, Miriam (November 28, 2021). South Africa, which found the omicron variant first, sequences less than 1 percent of coronavirus samples. The Washington Post. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- ↑ South Africa Ministry of International Relations and Cooperation, November 2021
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Schorr, Isaac (September 14, 2020). Yes, Biden Called Trump’s Travel Restrictions Xenophobic. National Review. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- Sacca, Paul (November 27, 2021). After White House bans travel from 8 African countries, tweets resurface of Biden saying travel bans don't work and accusing Trump of 'xenophobia'. The Blaze. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- Richardson, Valerie (November 28, 2021). Nancy Mace blasts media double-standard on Biden, Trump COVID travel bans. Washington Times. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- Husebø, Wendell (November 26, 2021). Joe Biden Slammed for Calling Trump’s Travel Restrictions Racist, Xenophobic, Then Enacting His Own. Breitbart News. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- ↑ Kumar, Anugrah (November 28, 2021). Biden imposes travel ban from 8 African countries in response to Omicron COVID-19 variant. The Christian Post. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- ↑ Nelson, Steven (November 6, 2021). Biden says he delayed Africa travel ban over Omicron variant on advice of advisers led by Fauci. New York Post. Retrieved November 28, 2021.
- ↑ https://dailyexpose.uk/2021/12/10/uk-team-file-complaint-of-crimes-against-humanity-with-the-international-criminal-court/
- ↑ https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-provide-update-omicron-variant
- ↑ https://www.mediaite.com/news/psaki-repeatedly-shuts-down-today-news-africa-reporter-for-shouting-questions-about-omicron-at-briefing/
- ↑ https://thepoliticalinsider.com/african-reporter-confronts-jen-psaki-on-bidens-racist-covid-travel-ban/
- ↑ https://therightscoop.com/african-reporter-that-psaki-scolded-about-decorum-says-biden-is-disrespecting-africa-which-is-mostly-brown-black/
- ↑ https://rumble.com/vq7lll-african-journalist-biden-is-disrespecting-africa-with-a-travel-ban-based-on.html
- The FIRST Omicron DEATH!, Dec 31, 2021. youtube.com