Difference between revisions of "Opposition to Donald Trump"
(From Donald Trump achievements.)
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
*[[Never Trump movement]]
*[[Never Trump movement]]
*[[Mainstream media Trump]]
*[[Donald Trump achievements]]
*[[Donald Trump achievements]]
Revision as of 01:35, 8 June 2017
Since announcing his presidential campaign on June 16, 2015, Donald Trump has faced large opposition from liberals and RINO Republicans alike. According to one study, during the 2016 presidential election, 91% of the media coverage regarding Trump was negative and 96% of campaign contributions from the media went to his campaign opponent, leftist Democrat Hillary Clinton. See also: American liberalism and 21st century political losses
Due to his promotion and support of conservative, America First policies, President Trump faced large opposition from the left and the establishment, including from within the government bureaucracy. (The fact that members of the Deep State have grown visibly scared of reports stating such confirms this view; in May 2017, it was reported that 60% of National Security Council employees were Obama-Administration holdovers). Even before being inaugurated, Democrats spoke about impeaching and removing Trump from the presidency. Even some local communities passed resolutions calling for the impeachment of President Trump. Some Democrats used profane language against Trump, such as the f-word and s-word. As a testament to the deep opposition and hatred towards him by the left-wing, at least 217 violent protestors were arrested in Washington D.C. on Inauguration Day.
Senate Democrats unduly delayed Trump's cabinet nominees at historic and unprecedented proportions—by February 8, 2017, only George Washington had fewer cabinet nominees confirmed by this length of time into his presidency. Trump's last cabinet secretary was confirmed on April 27, 2017, and Trump's last cabinet-level member assumed office on May 15, 2017.
As in the 2016 presidential election, the mainstream media strongly opposed Trump and wrote him off as a failure early in his presidency, despite his numerous accomplishments by that time. As evidence of this intense MSM opposition, a study published close to the 100th-day mark of Trump's presidency found that 89% of media coverage regarding Trump was negative. A similar study conducted by the Harvard Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy released in May 2017 found that 80% of the mainstream media coverage over Trump (including outlets such as Fox News Channel and The Wall Street Journal) was negative. Additionally, Trump was on track to become the most mocked president on late-night comedy TV in at least 25 years.
In addition to strong opposition from the mainstream media, which consistently misrepresented him and his accomplishments, Trump received opposition from Democrats and the liberal-influenced courts. By the first 100 days of his presidency, congressional Democrats had already (unsuccessfully) filibustered Trump's supreme court nomination, instituted one of the longest and most extreme delays in cabinet confirmations in U.S. history, and initiated an investigation into Trump's alleged ties to Russia. According to a poll taken around the 100th day of Trump's presidency, only 11% of Democrats believed that their party's opposition to Trump had yielded successful results for them. Liberal federal courts also blocked some of President Trump's executive orders regarding sanctuary cities and immigration.
- Bedard, Paul (March 19, 2017). http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/anti-trump-media-91-coverage-negative-96-of-donations-to-hillary/article/2617828. Washington Examiner. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- Spiering, Charlie (April 4, 2017). Donald Trump to American Workers: ‘I’m Not, and I Don’t Want to Be, the President of the World’. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- Klein, Aaron (April 28, 2017). Trump’s First 100 Days: Establishment Goes to War to Halt President’s Agenda. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 28, 2017.
- Singman, Brooke (January 1, 2017). Trump faces bureaucratic battle in implementing agenda. Fox News. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- Kurtz, Howard (February 3, 2017). The empire strikes back: Why Trump's private talks with foreign leaders were leaked. Fox News. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- POLITICO: Obama Admin Bureaucrats ‘Panicked’ by Breitbart Spotlight: Don’t Question Our Loyalty! Breitbart News. Retrieved March 22, 2017.
- Wong, Kristina (May 17, 2017). Trump Under Siege: More than 60 Percent of NSC Employees Placed by Obama. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
- Pollak, Joel B. (May 17, 2017). In ‘Impeachment’ Talk, Washington Establishment Declares War on Trump Voters. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- McLaughlin, Seth (May 21, 2017). Local communities look for reasons, take up resolutions to impeach Trump. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 21, 2017.
- Chumley, Cheryl K. (May 22, 2017). F-bombing Trump — the left’s new weapon of choice. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Nazarian, Adelle (May 21, 2017). California Democratic Party Leader Leads ‘F*ck Donald Trump’ Chant at Convention. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Yilek, Caitlin (June 4, 2017). CNN host calls Trump 'a piece of s--t' after London attack. Washington Examiner. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- Weber, Joseph (January 20, 2017). Hundreds of protesters arrested in Inauguration Day clashes. Fox News. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- Noble, Andrea; McDermott, Ryan M. (January 20, 2017). D.C. police report 217 arrested during Inauguration Day riots. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- Singman, Brooke (February 8, 2017). Trump facing historic delays in confirmation push. Fox News. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Kellman, Laurie (April 27, 2017). Senate confirms last member of Trump cabinet at 100th day in office nears. The Washington Times. Retrieved April 27, 2017.
- Moons, Michelle (May 15, 2017). President Donald Trump’s Cabinet Complete with Swearing-In of U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 16, 2017.
- Kurtz, Howard (April 3, 2017). Media score a triple-bogey presidency, but Trump is just getting started. Fox News. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Harper, Jennifer (April 19, 2017). As first 100 days in office approaches, media coverage of Trump is 89% negative: Study. The Washington Times. Retrieved April 20, 2017.
- Noyes, Rich; Ciandella, Mike (April 19, 2017). Honeymoon from Hell: The Liberal Media vs. President Trump. NewsBusters -- Media Research Center. Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- Richardson, Valerie (May 19, 2017). Harvard agrees: Trump press coverage sets ‘new standard for negativity’. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- Shaw, Adam (May 19, 2017). Study: Media Coverage of Trump’s First 100 Days Set ‘New Standard For Negativity’. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- Study: Trump On Track to Be Most Mocked President on Late-Night TV in 25 Years. Breitbart News. May 4, 2017. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- Miller, S.A. (April 30, 2017). President Trump criticizes ‘dishonest’ press in 100th-day interview. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- McLaughlin, Seth (April 27, 2017). Democrats seeking revenge prepare to mark 100 days of ‘resistance’. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- Harper, Jennifer (April 30, 2017). Inside the Beltway: Only 11% of Democratic voters say opposition to White House is a success. The Washington Times. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- Spiering, Charlie (April 27, 2017). Donald Trump Blasts Ninth Circuit for Blocking Sanctuary Cities Order: ‘See You in the Supreme Court!’ Breitbart News. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- Klukowski, Ken (March 12, 2017). Federal Court Blocks Trump Admin’s Immigration Executive Order. Breitbart News. Retrieved May 4, 2017.