Planned Parenthood's budget
Planned Parenthood likes to claim that abortion accounts for just 3% of its services. However, an examination of its finances reveals that much if not most of its income relates to abortion. According to Planned Parenthood's 2007-08 budget, it received $1.038 billion of revenue from the following sources:
|Health Center Income||$374.7||36.1%|
|Govt. Grants & Services||$349.6||33.7%|
|Contributions & Requests||$244.9||23.6%|
|Other Operating Revenue||$68.9||6.6%|
Planned Parenthood's reported $374.7 million of revenue from "Health Center Income". Given that it reported performing 305,130 abortions, at an average cost of $450 (which lines up with statistics from the National Abortion Federation), approximately $137.4 million of that $374.7 million Health Center Income came directly from performing abortions per analysis by Live Action.
Since much of its money comes from Government Grants and Services or Contributions and Requests ($595.5 million) likely related to abortion, in addition to this $137.4 million of direct abortion revenue, it appears probable that as much as half to two-thirds of Planned Parenthood's revenue relates to abortion.
- ↑ Planned Parenthood At a Glance. Planned Parenthood.
- ↑ Barto, N. & Musgrave, M. (2012, July 29). Diverting Funds Betters Women's Health Care. The Arizona Republic.
- ↑ Annual Report 2007-2008. Pg. 18. Planned Parenthood.
- ↑ Page 9.
- ↑ Dudley, S. (2003). Economics of Abortion. National Abortion Federation.
- ↑ Schmidt, D. (2010, May 14). DATA: 36.7% of Planned Parenthood’s 'Health Center Income' is from Abortions. Live Action.