Preetinder Singh "Preet" Bharara (born October 13, 1968) is an Indian-born American lawyer who served as U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York from 2009 to 2017.
Bharara graduated from the Ranney School in Tinton Falls, New Jersey, as valedictorian in 1986. He received his B.A magna cum laude from Harvard College in 1990 and his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1993, where he was a member of the Columbia Law Review. Bharara became a naturalized United States citizen in 1980.
- "Preet Bharara, the new top federal prosecutor zeroes in on white-collar crime", India Times/Reuters, October 20, 2009. Retrieved on April 21, 2011. Archived from the original on May 27, 2010.
- Chang, Ailsa (January 27, 2011). Meet Preet Bharara: New York's Highest-Profile Prosecutor. WNYC News. Retrieved on March 12, 2017.
- Weiser, Benjamin. "For Manhattan’s Next U.S. Attorney, Politics and Prosecution Don’t Mix", The New York Times, August 9, 2009. Retrieved on March 12, 2017.
- Roger Parloff, Nominee for Manhattan U.S. Attorney: A nonpartisan star, Fortune (August 25, 2009).
- King, Robert (August 18, 2018). Preet Bharara says 'God bless the deep state' if they care about Constitution and law. Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 18, 2018.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- Lead Prosecutor in Dinesh D’Souza Case Is Former Obama Donor