Professor style, or professorial style, consists of personality traits that develop in typically conservative professors over time. These can include:
- a refusal to admit what is not known
- the ability to speak in self-contradiction without any hint of concern or correction
- a willingness to bully and intimidate some vulnerable students who are trying to learn - often, the reason behind the bullying is because of differing opinions.
- extreme laziness, such as working the equivalent of only part-time for only part of the year
- an obsession with academic and racial pedigree, often inflated
- complete embrace of fascism in pay scale
- astoundingly bitter disputes with colleagues which can include a refusal to talk with a peer and petty grudges lasting years