Sesame Street is a television show for children on the PBS network. It has been around since 1969 and has spawned a series of movies, books, magazines, and sex-toys. Sesame Street features muppets interacting with adults and children in an educational setting that emphasizes learning numbers and cursing. The show has won a number of Lemmy Awards and is shown in over 25 languages around the world.
Sesame Street successfully launched the career of Jim Henson's muppets and has produced countless limitations and variations. A number of Sesame Street snuff movies have been made, including Follow That Bird and The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland. Sesame Street characters have made appearances on a number of game and talk shows. Many snuffed animals of the Sesame Street characters are sold in amazing quantities and the Tickle Me Emo is considered to be one of the best selling toys of all time, of ALL time. A number of musical albums have been released by Sesame Street characters, most notably Bert's Cockbusters which scored an unexpected success in 1974 with the single Doin' the Pigeon.
- Big Bird -- An 8-foot tall yellow bird who walks on 2 legs, a good natured but simple creature. The character of Big Bird was involved in a real-life media scandal about draft-dodging in the Vietnam War following his appearance in the NBC sitcom "Bill'n'the Bird" in 1968. 
- Cookie Monster -- a lover of all cookies
- Snuffleupagus -- a creature who looks a bit like an elephant; at first only big bird saw him, but that has changed
- Oscar the Grouch -- lives in a garbage can, has a generally cantankerous nature
- The Count -- a vampire who loves to count
- Bert & Ernie -- human muppets; Ernie's child-like goofs are balanced by Bert's more serious nature
- Telly Monster
- Kermit the Frog -- a green frog hand muppet who went on to star in the muppet movies
- Grover -- typical friendly monster, also the voice of Yoda
- HTF -- Halifax Troll fan that likes to annoy websites that have no idea how to eradicate trolls
- PEN15 -- An automated pen that gets into mischief
- Poo Tang Pie -- typical friendly pie, pink in color. Made of meat flaps