On September 26, 2011, the popular Christian YouTube video maker Shockofgod, who has over 18,000 subscribers, challenged atheist Penn Jillette to a debate.VIDEO. The debate challenge focuses on the 15 questions that evolutionists cannot satisfactorily answer.
The Brights Movement was started in 2003 by Paul Geisert and Mynga Futrell in 2003 in order to assist in the advocacy of a naturalistic worldview. The Brights movement had a media campaign and was announced in Wired magazine (by Richard Dawkins), Free Inquiry (by Richard Dawkins), and on the New York Times op-ed page (by the philosopher and atheist Daniel Dennett).
Well known skeptics and atheists are listed as "Enthusiastic Brights" at the Brights Movement website. Examples of individuals listed as Brights are notable skeptics/atheists such as Richard Dawkins, Penn Jillette, Daniel Dennett, Margaret Downy, James Randi, Mel Lipman, Bobbie Kirkhart, Herb Silverman, Michael Shermer, Matt Cherry, and Babu Gogineni.
Shockofgod points out that although Penn Jillette is an "enthusiastic bright", the website of the Brights Movement has plunging web traffic according to Compete.com . Shockofgod quipped that it appears as if his prediction that atheism will go from "a squeak to half a squeak in American society" due to the Question evolution! campaign is being fulfilled faster than he expected. The video with the prediction is located on YouTube HERE.
Shockofgod fan taunts to Penn Jillette
Shockofgod fan: "He's watching. trust me. Most Atheists are obsessed with the TRUTH, they just don't like it."
Shockofgod fan: "Come on Penn, you even WANT people to debate because our opinions on the existence of God are too important to keep private!"
- Question Evolution! by Creation Ministries International
- 15 Questions that evolutionist cannot satisfactorily answer
- 15 Questions that evolutionist cannot satisfactorily answer PDF version
- Question Evolution! Campaign webpage for Traditional Values Coalition
- Question Evolution! - YouTube video
- The Question Evolution Campaign - Come see!
- Atheism's future not bright at all
- National Public Radio [NPR) review of the book God, No! Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales by Penn Jillette
- Christian turn Penn Jillette into a chicken