Talk:Barack Hussein Obama
Who here would mind Obama as president?
I'll admit it, i am a moderate on the conservative slanted site. Be as my politcal views span both sides, i am hoping for Obama to win the election. I'm sure that some people here have criticisms of him, some of which may even be valid. So have at it people: Why not Obama, the man sent to lead America to greatness?--Fpresjh 20:10, 15 March 2007 (EDT)
I must remind you, this is a conservative encyclopedia. most conservatives can't handle the idea of a black man as superior to them! GodlessLiberal 21:09, 20 March 2007 (EDT)
No right-thinking people could possible support having a black as President, let alone in their neighborhood. GodisGreat 15:27, 21 March 2007 (PST).
I think it would be great if he won, I can't stand Hilary...--Flax+ 21:32, 20 March 2007 (EDT)
I'm one of the most liberal people I know... and I cannot stand the woman. GodlessLiberal 21:35, 20 March 2007 (EDT)
In that case, get to those primaries and vote (especially if you live in Iowa or NH). I believe that there are worthy candidates on the Republicans as well, but i want to ensure the best man for the job gets the democratic nomination.--Fpresjh 23:26, 20 March 2007 (EDT)
Personally, I feel Obama may be too inexperienced for the job. However, I still would like to see him elected. In reality, the president doesn't need to be very smart or experienced to BE president. He has a Cabinet of advisors and a whole staff to make decisions for him. Ergo, Obama doesn't really NEED the experience. He's plenty smart enough, and he come off as highly educated and eloquent. Really though, what makes him a good candidate is that he is well liked. What we need right now is a president who is willing to go around to all the European countries we have angered and make kissy-face with them, thus patching up our foreign policy. Hillary isn't going to do that, and I doubt a Republican president would. If we don't get our foreign policy out of the toilet, I think we're going to be in a lot of trouble soon.--Elamdri 23:32, 20 March 2007 (EDT)
- That reminds me of Bush Jr... --Eiyuu Kou 23:34, 20 March 2007 (EDT)
- I agree completely!
From this article: He is black, and no black person has ever held such responsibility. Also, his first name sounds like Osama, and his middle name is Hussein, calling to mind the two most evil terrorists of modern times someone's white hood is showing . . . Godman 17:47, 17 March 2007 (EDT)
Aiming to denouce a candidate on the basis of his name, and not his stances on issues or character seems like a pretty poor way to choose the next president. Do people really think the informed voter (aka people who actually end up voting) are going to say "well, i like the guy and what he stands for, but his name just isn't doing it for me. I'll go with Nader instead." I think not.--Fpresjh 15:37, 18 March 2007 (EDT)
- This article needs to be cleaned up, and fast. We must practice more professionalism and objectiveness. Wikipedialol 20:59, 17 March 2007 (EDT)
From the Wikipedia entry, one could sculpt it into becoming more of a Conservative point-of-view. --Eiyuu Kou 14:15, 19 March 2007 (EDT)
- I'm actually of the opinion that the pragmatic audience of this site will think something like: there is no way I'm voting for a negro. As is evidenced in this article. the founder of conservapedia's Jesus was clearly lily white and 'merican. I truly beleive they should not call themselves Christian or conservative and they certainly shouldn't call this an encyclopedia. What in the hell is he teaching those kids?00:06, 22 March 2007 (EDT)
Can't we get a better source for his voting record than an opinion piece? Myk 02:12, 28 March 2007 (EDT)
- You can't turn a pigs ear into a silk purse dude......he doesn't have much of one. --~ TerryK MyTalk 05:27, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- I'm not saying how to judge his voting record, I'm saying that an opinion piece doesn't merit a good source. A good rule of thumb is that if there's a little picture next to an article, it's a column or an opinion piece, not an article. Myk 17:51, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- I asked for people who were going to discuss his voting record to use an actual source, not an opinion piece as it is now
- You made a joke about his lack of a voting record
- I said that wasn't what I was talking about, I was talking about sources. Columns, op-eds, editorials are not sources. Myk 20:26, 3 April 2007 (EDT)
- Oh, okay, so my cracking a joke meant I didn't understand what you meant, and might have distracted the readers, so they wouldn't know either? Got it. --~ TerryK MyTalk 09:30, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
- From the ass' butt to it's mouth, http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/vote_menu_109_1.htm for last session. -- Crackertalk 09:39, 4 April 2007 (EDT)
Barack has just raised 25 million dollars for his campaign making his in competiton with Hiliary Clinton!! [http:// http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17946727/25 million!!!!]
Why is Barack Obama's biographical entry a "controversial" topic for Conservapedia, and locked out from editing?