Talk:Evolution syndrome

From Conservapedia
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by DReynolds (Talk | contribs) at 00:14, 11 February 2009. It may differ significantly from current revision.

Jump to: navigation, search

Evolutionists have a compulsion to censor opposing or alternative views. This can be seen, among other places, on wikis. So, hypothetically, if there was a wiki whose pro-evolution was locked to prevent editing by anyone except for a single sysop, and where anyone who attempted to add alternative views was reverted or blocked, would that be an example of the type of censorship you have in mind? Eoinc 08:52, 17 September 2008 (EDT)

"insist that their belief in evolution must somehow be true" Isn't "their belief" superfluous? "Believing" something is "holding it to be true", so someone must believe it's true to believe it at all. --Toffeeman 09:06, 17 September 2008 (EDT)
The locking is due to the prevalence of evolution syndrome. If someone can propose a solution, I welcome it.
No, "their belief" is not superfluous. There are are different beliefs about evolution, but the person who has evolution syndrome insists that his belief is true to the exclusion of other beliefs. Most normal people do not take that attitude.--Aschlafly 09:21, 17 September 2008 (EDT)
But there is a difference between asserting that the theory of evolution is true (I.E. that it is factual), and a person asserting that their belief in it is true (I.E. that they truly believe in it). The text currently suggests that evolution syndrome is an insistance that one has a true belief in evolution. Are you implying that sufferers of this 'syndrome' do not actually truly believe in evolution despite insisting that they do? Sideways 15:15, 17 September 2008 (EDT)
Since there's been no response, I have taken the iniative & changed the wording. I am assuming that the intended meaning is that sufferers of this "syndrome" insist that evolution itself is true, not only that they truly believe in it. Sideways

Most atheists to many atheists change

While most atheists certainly believe in evolution as the article states, it seems unlikely that most also contribute 90% edits about evolution. That only leaves 10% for other liberal atheist issues like promoting abortion, etc. Sulli 13:22, 27 December 2008 (EST)


Does CP have a notability guideline regarding articles? I've never heard this term used anywhere else and the fact that it has no citations seems to suggest it's a made-up term. I like it, but our job is to chronicle, not create, information.--DReynolds 12:31, 8 February 2009 (EST)

Since no one has responded, I've nominated this article for deletion. No sources, no support. It violates the commandments. Kill it --DReynolds 00:14, 11 February 2009 (EST).