- Gay people are full of or show high-spirited merriment, or are given to social pleasures often including dissipation: "led a gay Bohemian life"; "a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies"
- "when hearts were young and gay""- Wordsworth
- "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth
- Things that are brightly colored and showy may be described as gay: "a dress a bit too gay for her years"; "birds with gay plumage".
- I can't for the love of God figure why this page is redirected to an article about depraved perversity.
- Auld Nick 07:04, 21 May 2007 (EDT)