Talk:Liberal hate speech
How is Limbaugh a person with disabilities? And how is hating Ann Coulter the same as hating women? I hate many men, but I don't hate men as a concept. Seems deceitful overgeneralization to me.-Baruch 18:38, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- drug addicted (per ADA); incidentally, Limbuagh did not become drug addicted by use of street drugs, the physicians over-perscribed medication; this is a serious question some people have about modern medical ethics.
- back surgery which led to the drug addiction
- persistent weight problem. Rob Smith 18:00, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
- I'm not defending the liberals attacks on Coulter, mind you, but it seems to me that it's not hate speech. I read over your homosexuality articles, and you seem to agree with me that people have an overbroad definition of what constitutes a hate crime, and hate speech. However, this article is guilty of the same overgeneralization! In your own words, speaking out against a gay man isn't hate speech; just so, speaking out against a woman isn't hate speech against women. Would you like me to correct this article accordingly?-Baruch 16:10, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
- For the time being, for the most part we have examples of hate speech directed against individual persons, and not necessarily against broad groups. But it's still hate speech. And I will produce enough evidence to fit the broader defintition. Likewise, we will not let go unexamined the regular 'class hate' liberals & communists employ. Rob Smith 18:00, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
- Unfortunately, most of what has been directed towards Coulter is indeed hate speech. They seek to apply false motives to her words, then repeat forever those falsification until people cannot tell what is false and what isn't, like the "Faggot" and "Jersey Girls" incidents. It is an organized leftist plan to marginalize and discredit her.
Definitions of Hate speech on the Web:
- type of speech which is used to deliberately offend an individual; or racial, ethnic, religious or other group. Such speech generally seeks to condemn or dehumanize the individual or group; or express anger, hatred, violence or contempt toward them.
- Hate speech is a controversial term for speech intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against someone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. The term covers written as well as oral communication.
TK, I fixed your erroneous tabbing. But you miss the critical point: such speech must be because of race, ethnicity, etc., not just incidentally related to such traits. By your definition, saying "homosexuality is a sin" would be hate speech. That's a result that neither of us want.-Baruch 16:51, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
Nor is it, apparently, a court of reason. I'm fighting a losing battle, so I'll go back to contributing. I'm here for the class, anyways, but maybe you guys should take some time to look over your reasoning.-Baruch 17:28, 19 August 2007 (EDT)
Liberal Hate Against Women
How can you justify this entry:
In August 2007, Democratic Presidential hopeful John Edwards viciously attacked social commentator Ann Coulter, calling the petite embodiment of women's aspirations for equality in the marketplace of ideas a "she-devil"
When Ann has been quoted as saying:
"I think [women] should be armed but should not vote. No, they all have to give up their vote, not just, you know, the lady clapping and me. The problem with women voting -- and your Communists will back me up on this -- is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care." PastafarianBeliver 12:25, 21 January 2008 (EST)
This is all the Liberal Hate Speech they could find?
When you consider the stuff that comes out of Conservative Mouths every day about every minority in existence (Including the ones listed on this site), it really makes you wonder why they even bothered making this page. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sirreality (talk)