What's with the Bollywood "see also"? Ever seen a Bollywood movie, boyo? It's about as far from Californian "values" as you can get. AlanE 22:50, 18 March 2015 (EDT)
- To be fair, Bollywood can produce music like this wedding song or produce works like this song which largely features a long dressed lady and a guy dancing, but it also produces more raucous movie songs like Party all night.
- In addition, Bollywood was more conservative in the 1950s/1960s/1970s. Conservative 23:48, 18 March 2015 (EDT)
- C'mon Cons; Bollywood is about as conservative as you can get and still have beautiful women, hunky men and romantic themes. It is a darn side more conservative than some of the ads we see on the sites linked by you and Terry. My problem is linking it to Long Beach, "valuewise". There is no comparison. You don't have to youtube me, mate.
- Of course Bollywood was more conservative in the 1950s etc., Everywhere was. I remember conversations at that time with my school mates about American television "moms and dads" sleeping in separate beds when none of ours did. We just assumed Americans were different. Didn't like sex. Strange we thought. All the British and Australian domestic comedies had double beds. Not the Yanks. Desi may have loved Lucy but it was from across the room.
- Nice to be fit enough to talk to you again. AlanE 00:32, 19 March 2015 (EDT)
- I largely don't see advertisements. I use Adblocker/NoScript.
- I stand by what I wrote and demonstrated via the YouTube links.Conservative 00:53, 19 March 2015 (EDT)