- You don't explain why, so I'll assume that it's to avoid lots of small articles about individual characters?
- I don't agree with it being on the Star Trek page. Conservapedia wants concise articles, and the Star Trek article is already a fair size (in fact I think the religion section should be removed to a separate article).
- I support this article staying, but an alternative is to have a single article covering all the main characters ("Star Trek characters", "Characters of Star Trek"?) rather than separate articles for each.
- Philip J. Rayment 18:58, 29 December 2008 (EST)
- You surmised correctly, Philip. I agree, as a compromise, a single linked page to the Star Trek main article, detailing the characters. Perhaps detailing the main characters of all three Star Trek series. And I also agree with your suggestion about putting the religion discussion onto its own, linked page. --₮K/Talk! 19:07, 29 December 2008 (EST)
I can't find the rule right now, and perhaps we have never adequately documented it (so the following may not be the exact criteria), but we don't include information such as a person being homosexual unless both of the following criteria are satisfied:
- That their homosexuality is certain.
- That their homosexuality is a defining aspect of their life, such as them being a homosexual activist.
As far as I'm aware, the second of these points at least is not the case here, which is why I've reverted the claim a second time.
Philip J. Rayment 19:47, 29 December 2008 (EST)
- He's been on a gay speaking tour. Is that enough to satisfy #2? - Rod Weathers 19:57, 29 December 2008 (EST)
Since this is an article about Sulu, should we really be adding personal info about George Takei? I mean, it makes sense to say Sulu was played by "openly homosexual actor George Takei," but all the information about Takei's "marriage" is terribly out of place. LiamG 02:05, 30 December 2008 (EST)