Time magazine is an American weekly publication that focuses on current events and has a liberal bias. It was founded by Henry Luce and Briton Hadden in 1923, and was bought in 2018 by the Salesforce.com founder, billionaire Marc Benioff, along with his wife Lynne.
The magazine is known for its annual "Person of the Year" designation giving credit to the person believed to have been the most newsworthy individual of that year. The series was called "Man of the Year" before 1999 when the name was changed because recipients can be male or female. Newsweek magazine follows similar photographic skewing as does Time. Examples in the "Man of the year" award that can be seen as controversial includes Adolf Hitler winning in 1938 and Joseph Stalin in 1942. In 2021, Time Magazine published a report detailing The Steal, in which the Democratic Party took power during the 2020 presidential election with extensive fraud, as well as plans to launch what was called a social justice revolution should the coup have failed. This report was widely circulated in conservatives circles.
- See also: Russia-Ukraine war
Lyudmyla Denisova, the Ukrainian Parliament's Commissioner for Human Rights, was fired when no evidence could be found of her allegations of 400 instances of mass rape by Russian soldiers. 238 Members of Parliament voted her out. Denisova was accused of failing to perform her duties and in particular of spreading fake news and propaganda about atrocities supposedly committed by Russian troops in Ukraine. Such actions only served to tarnish Ukraine’s image, MPs argued. Other complaints were that Denisova had failed to organize humanitarian corridors and POW exchanges.
The fake news stories stemming from high ranking Ukrainian officials were widely disseminated by TIME magazine, CNN, Newsweek and other fake news sources.
Biased Photos from Time
Black Box tapes showing KAL 007's regaining control after attack (for what really happened see KAL 007: Soviet stalk, shoot down, and rescue mission orders transcripts). But it is the Time Magazine cover to the left that has left its indelible impression to this day
- ↑ http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2008/02/19/time-talks-down-to-real-christians/
- ↑ https://www.axios.com/2022/01/14/marc-benioff-time-magazine-salesforce
- ↑ https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-05-31/card/ukraine-s-parliament-dismisses-human-rights-chief-1kQWT7i0GHXyeqh6spRe
- ↑ https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/05/rape-allegations-against-russian-troops-in-ukraine-were-fake.html#more
- ↑ https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-fires-human-rights-chief-perpetuating-russian-troop-systematic-rape-stories