Timothy Ball was one of the first Canadian Ph.Ds. in Climatology and has an extensive background in climatology.
He is a professor emeritus of the University of Winnipeg and a skeptic of the theory of man-made global warming. He wrote:
- Global Warming is not due to human contribution of Carbon Dioxide (CO2). This in fact is the greatest deception in the history of science.
- I think the [earth's] magnetic field and the interaction with the solar wind (corpuscular radiation) are significant aspects of climate change but virtually ignored and almost unknown to the public.
Dr Ball has been involved in a number of lawsuits with AGW supporters. In 2006 he sued a university professor, Dan Johnson, as well as his employer, the University of Lethbridge, for libel when Dr Johnson wrote a letter to a local newspaper questioning Dr Balls qualifications. In 2011 Dr Ball was sued by two prominent AGW Scientists, Michael Mann (of the hockey stick and Climate Gate fame) and Dr Andrew Weaver. In the Mann case the lawsuit revolves around Dr Ball stating that Michael Mann "belonged in the state pen, and not Penn State".
The lawsuits are generating interest among global warming skeptics because under Canadian laws, Dr Ball could require Mann to release documents regarding his research that he has gone to court in the past to keep out of skeptic's hands.
As a result of the lawsuits and the resulting libel chill, some news sites have removed Dr Ball's articles from their webpages.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 His doctorate is from the University of London Global Warming: The Cold, Hard Facts?
- ↑ http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/1272
- ↑ Interview With Dr. Timothy Ball- The Myth of Global Warming