Transgender has two common definitions; both of them are forms of gender confusion:
- Similar to transsexual, but without having had a sex-change operation.
- As a synonym for transsexual.
The term "transgender" is not to be confused with a whole host of "gender identities" (which liberals see as separate from biological sex) under the umbrella of genderqueer, which includes, besides transgender:
- Bigender (both man and woman)
- Agender (neither man nor woman)
- Genderfluid (alternating between genders)
- Third gender (found in Indian culture, some American Indian cultures, and also invented by modern-day people)
- Ristori J, Steensma TD. Gender dysphoria in childhood. Int Rev Psychiatry. 2016;28(1):13-20.
- Richardson, Bradford (February 28, 2018). Growing body of research rejects transgender movement. The Washington Times.
- Shupe, Jamie (March 10, 2019). I Was America’s First ‘Nonbinary’ Person. It Was All a Sham. The Daily Signal. Retrieved April 15, 2019.