Difference between revisions of "United States Senate elections, 2020"
(→Elections: added a section on Maine)
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
[[Susan Collins]], the four-term [[RINO]] senior senator from liberal Maine, is running for re-election in 2020.<ref>[https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/susan-collins-announces-reelection-bid-for-fifth-term-in-us-senate Susan Collins announces bid for fifth term in Senate]</ref> She has been unpopular in her home state after voting with Republicans to confirm [[Brett Kavanaugh]] amidst the [[Kavanaugh smear|smear against
[[Susan Collins]], the four-term [[RINO]] senior senator from liberal Maine, is running for re-election in 2020.<ref>[https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/susan-collins-announces-reelection-bid-for-fifth-term-in-us-senate Susan Collins announces bid for fifth term in Senate]</ref> She has been unpopular in her home state after voting with Republicans to confirm [[Brett Kavanaugh]] amidst the [[Kavanaugh smear|smear against ]]<ref>[https://hillreporter.com/susan-collins-maine-approval-rating-has-dipped-17-in-last-year-37707 Susan Collins’ Maine Approval Rating has Dipped 17% in Last Year
Revision as of 20:08, 16 February 2020
The 2020 United States Senate elections, coinciding with the 2020 United States presidential election that is also held on November 3, 2020, are 33 separate elections held in states with Class 2 Senate seats and 2 special elections for Class 3 seats.
- 1 Elections
- 2 Left-wing smears
- 3 References
Arizona (special election)
Martha McSally, the current Republican junior senator from Arizona who was gubernatorially appointed, will be running for election to a full term in 2020. A conservative-turned-establishmentarian moderate-turned pro-Trump conservative, McSally is expected to face a close election in normally Republican Arizona that voted for Kyrsten Sinema over her in 2018 by a margin of less than 3%.
Martha McSally's campaign
Martha McSally, who has shifted towards supporting Donald Trump since after the 2016 presidential election, has been seen by some as becoming more thoroughly conservative, especially after calling a CNN reporter a "liberal hack". Her first campaign ad was one criticizing her potential left-wing opponent Mark Kelly for supporting the impeachment coup against Trump.
Cory Gardner, the incumbent conservative Republican senator from liberal Colorado with some RINO leanings, is running for re-election in what is considered by many to be the most random, vulnerable tossup. Gardner's approval ratings have remained relatively steady, with a poll in January 2020 finding roughly equal approval/disapproval numbers.
Loeffler, backed by the GOP establishment, is facing a primary challenged by representative Doug Collins. According to a poll by the Public Policy Polling in December 2019, the preference for Collins is three times greater than the preference for Loeffler. In February 2020, Collins has released an ad strongly criticizing Loeffler for being backed by the anti-Trump Club for Growth as well as another one criticizing Loeffler for backing RINO Mitt Romney in 2012. This, in turn, led the GOP establishment and the Club for Growth to further their opposition to Collins.
Mitch McConnell, a lifelong RINO who arguably became more conservative after the 2018 midterm elections and whose approval rating has gone up after defending Donald Trump from the impeachment coup, is running for re-election in 2020.
Amy McGrath, a far-left Democrat from Kentucky, is seeking to challenge McConnell for the Senate seat. Liberals in a massive effort to attempt unseating McConnell have donated $10.7 million dollars to McGrath's campaign by October 2019. McGrath has been criticized for inconsistencies over the Kavanaugh smear and her self-admitted radical agenda.
Susan Collins, the four-term RINO senior senator from liberal Maine, is running for re-election in 2020. She has been unpopular in her home state after voting with Republicans to confirm Brett Kavanaugh amidst the smear against the latter, having her approval rating tank and eliciting condemnation from the left-wing group Occupy Democrats. Further disdain from liberals like Stephen King and those in Maine may cause lead the general election from anywhere from leaning Republican to a tossup, a prediction that several polls have affirmed.
John E. James
Among the Republicans running to oppose Peters is movement conservative John E. James, a U.S. combat veteran who ran against Debbie Stabenow in 2018 and lost due to Stabenow's strong backing by Michigan farmers that generally vote Republican.
Thom Tillis, a Feinstein gun control bill-backing RINO who opposed Donald Trump's firing of an impeachment "witness" out of fear of "looking bad", is running for re-election in swing state North Carolina that may be a tossup, both in the Republican primary and, if he wins it, the general election. Tillis' approval rating was reported in July 2019 to be a mere 33% within North Carolina, and polling in January 2020 found that he was trailing a potential Democrat opponent by 2%.
Tillis, with his RINO record, was initially facing a primary challenged by conservative, pro-Trump Sandy Smith. However, Smith later changed course and decided to run for North Carolina's 1st district instead.
Attacks against Cory Gardner
A far-left site called "F*** Cory Gardner" has been created to smear the senator amidst the upcoming election in Colorado.
Attacks and smears against Martha McSally
Liberals colluding with the Democrat Party have tried smearing McSally, such as one video by a leftist, anti-Trump website calling itself "The Lincoln Project". The video, in resemblance of mainstream fake news, claimed that McSally lost in 2018 "badly" (McSally lost by 2.4%) and that John McCain was a "hero" (McCain betrayed fellow POWs). It is also important to note that the website, despite supposedly and seemingly standing up for justice and integrity, includes the bigoted George T. Conway III among its advisors.
- Martha McSally confirms 2020 Senate run, likely to face Democrat Mark Kelly
- McSally on Trump
- As Donald Trump campaigned with Martha McSally, Kyrsten Sinema didn't compete for spotlight
- Arizona Senate Election Results 2018
- Arizona Sen. Martha McSally calls CNN reporter 'liberal hack' in hallway dust-up
- Martha McSally - Senator McSally
- Mark Kelly says Trump impeachment inquiry and Ukraine call ‘should be investigated’
- The most vulnerable Republican senator in 2020
- Cory Gardner’s approval rating didn’t move during impeachment, still tops Trump’s
- Rep. Doug Collins expected to run for Senate, setting up GOP clash
- Republican Congressman Doug Collins announces Senate run
- PPP Georgia GOP.pdf
- Club for Growth Launches Anti-Trump Ad in Wisconsin
- Doug Collins on Twitter: "The original..."
- Doug Collins on Twitter: "@kloeffler stood with Mitt Romney..."
- GOP establishment prepares to battle Doug Collins
- Conservative group will launch ad broadside against Collins in Georgia
- Mitch McConnell: Favorable/Unfavorable
- Mitch McConnell Is Already Running for Re-Election — In 2020
- Welcome - YouTube
- Democrat running against Mitch McConnell raises $10.7 million in third quarter
- Susan Collins announces bid for fifth term in Senate
- Susan Collins’ Maine Approval Rating has Dipped 17% in Last Year
- (PNG Image, 500 x 142 pixels)
- Stephen King on Twitter: "It's time..."
- Two references:
- Multiple references:
- John James announces 2020 campaign for U.S. Senate
- Michigan Election Results 2018
- Why Debbie Stabenow has staying power with Michigan farmers
- Michigan Sen. Gary Peters says he will vote to convict Trump
- Swing State Democrat Senator Up For Re-Election Dodges Questions On Medicare-For-All
- Watch–Gary Peters Backs Medicare for All, Eliminating Private Health Insurance
- Poll: Peters starts re-election campaign with low name identification
- Here’s The List: McConnell, 9 Republicans Support Feinstein Gun Control
- Trump firing of impeachment witnesses causes concern among some Republicans
- POLL: THOM TILLIS APPROVAL RATING LOWEST IN THE U.S. SENATE
- PDF File
- Pro-Trump Republican Sandy Smith Announces Senatorial Run
- Join Sandy - Sandy Smith for Congress
- F*** Cory Gardner (Warning: The entirety of the website is a vulgar smear)
- MARTHA MCSALLY, TRUMP HACK
- McCain’s Great Betrayal of Fellow POWs
- Dedicated Americans Protecting Democracy