This account is used by one or more bot owned and operated by DavidB4. Bot functions include error detection and correction, minor batch edits such as category correction, and IP address blocks. In the future, it is hoped that this account will also be able to act as a "guardog" to help directly reduce vandalism.
If you have any suggestions regarding this bot, they will be eagerly welcomed. This current system does not allow much "growing room" so any other suggestions you have will be appreciated! If you have any other comments or questions, please also feel free to contact David B.
If a batch edit is not going as intended and damage is being done, it would be greatly appreciated if a moderator would temporally block this account. However, please do not block the IP, since David B also sometimes connects from the same network address.
- Find & Replace
- Add templates to a set of pages
- Add predefined text to a set of pages
- Recategorize pages
- Fix style and formatting
- Scan for and correct typos (requires supervision)
- Detect syntax errors such as unclosed parentheses, brackets, etc., unclosed tags, and other such issues (requires supervision)
There is currently no multi-user interface, but this may be an option. If you would like access, ask David B. If you have one or more task(s) you would like completed, also ask David B. Please post all such messages on David's talk page.
- User pages are usually avoided
- Talk pages are often skipped
- In general, anything uncategorized will be skipped, since these are often unfinished or special purpose pages
- In most cases, this account will not edit pages containing exclusion "tags." Please use these only if this bot is making erroneous edits to a page, or correction attempts are not wanted for some other reason. If you use these due to bot errors, please also notify David so he can attempt to find a permanent solution. These exceptions may be overlooked when parsing and editing pages for vandalism.
In most cases, this account will act differently or not at all on pages containing a designated comment tag.
<!--nobot--> - Skip this page for all regular bot activity
More coming later...hopefully
This bot does have some problems, which are difficult to fix at this time. Work is ongoing on permit the addition of customization options, but for now, the following are errors to be fixed:
- *th century becomes *th-century
- no more than one <br /> tag is allowed. More that that is series are deleted.
List of registered Conservapedia bots (there are currently 2)
See all recent changes, including bot activity
See this bot's edit activity
Fun fact: a slowly developing security component of this bot has detected with reasonable certainty an unannounced and untagged bot operating on Conservapedia. (2016-2017)