User:RobSmith/Hillary Clinton Foreign Policy
- 1 North Korea
- 2 China
- 3 Iraq
- 4 Syria
- 5 Libya
- 6 Iran
- 7 Russia
- 8 Saudia Arabia and the Gulf States
- 9 Nigeria
- 10 Haiti
- 11 References
North Korean nukes
The first Clinton administgration essentially paid North Korea to build its nuclear weapon provided it would not interfere with Bill Clinton's efforts to win re-election. The Clinton's effectively submitted to blackmail from North Korea.
From 1985 to 1992, North Korea "bought time" for its nuclear weapons program by entering into a series of agreements under which it promised to "de-weaponize" its reactors and halt further production of plutonium. The Clinton administraion forged a deal with Kim Il-sung during Clinton's first term known as the Agreed Framework signed on 21 October 1994 that North Korea would supposedly halt its nuclear program.
In addition to the oil supplied under the 1994 Agreed Framework, North Korea depended on the United States and other countries for free, unconditional food aid while making no committment reform of its Stalinist agricultural system. 
Once Clinton won re-election however, North Korea had violated most of the terms of the non-proliferation agreements and withdrew from the rest. By 2000 the money the Clonton administration paid to North Korea amounted to over $61 million. After the Clinton's left office in 2001, and Bush administration no longer paying the blackmail money in the form of food aid and humanitarian assistanc, North Korea tested it's nuclear bomb it had built with aid paid by the Clinton administration.
The Clinton's illegally took donations from China and its military establishment. Like the Nixon administration, however, it was impossible to get the government to investigate itself, at least to any acceptable or just conclusion before the Clinton's term of office was up.
Agents of China sought to give contributions to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) before the 1996 presidential campaign in violation of US law barring non-American citizens from donating money to American politicians and political parties.
An unclassified U.S. Senate Committee on Governmental Affairs report issued in 1998 stated that both James Riady and his father Mochtar "had a long-term relationship with a Chinese intelligence agency." According to journalist Bob Woodward, details of the relationship came from highly classified intelligence information supplied to the committee by both the CIA and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The relationship between John Huang, the Riady Family, and the Clintons, goes back to the late 1970’s in Little Rock, Arkansas. The patriarch of the family, Mochtar Riady, is an Indonesian of Chinese descent who built up the Lippo Group empire. In the mid-1970s, Mochtar Riady planned to expand his business into the United States and began looking for partners. He met the Stephens family of Arkansas and entered into various joint ventures with Stephens Inc.
In Little Rock the Riadys met then-Governor Bill Clinton and financially supported Clinton’s gubernatorial campaigns throughout the 1980s.
After Riady pledged $1 million in support of then-Governor Clinton's campaign for the presidency 1992, contributions made by Huang had been reimbursed with funds wired from a foreign Lippo Group entity into an account Riady maintained at Lippo Bank and then distributed to Huang in cash. Also, contributions made by Lippo Group entities operating in the United States were reimbursed with wire transfers from foreign Lippo Group entities.
Huang visited the White House 78 times while working as a DNC fund-raiser. James Riady visited the White House 20 times including 6 personal visits with President Clinton. As a key fund-raiser he raised $3.4 million for the party.
Immediately prior to joining the DNC, Huang worked in the Clinton's Commerce Department as deputy assistant secretary for international economic affairs giving him access to classified intelligence on China.
|“||Saddam Hussein has given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons.||”|
—Sen. Hillary Clinton, Oct. 12, 2002.
- Main article Hillary Clinton Senate career
Sen. Hillary Clinton led the fight on the floor of the United States Senate among Democrats to grant President George W. Bush authority to remove Saddam Hussein from Iraq. Hillary Clinton claimed, based upon her first hand experience over 8 years in the White House, that Saddam was in possession of Weapons of Mass Destruction. Sen. Bernie Sanders questioned her judgement, and he and his supporters were ostracized and ridiculed by the Democratic party establishment for doing so. 
Rise of the Islamic State
In 2012 Hillary announced Syrian President Bashar Assad must go and committed the United States to supporting an assortment of militias, arms traffickers, narco-terrorists, and jihadis the State Department and media labeled "moderate rebels". By the time she resigned the State Department to run for president 300,000 Syrians had been killed in the uprising that Hillary and Obama started, giving it the misnomer, "Arab Spring". Six million Syrian refugees - one third of the population, are displaced and homeless. By 2016, Assad remained in power and his position had been strengthened with State Department approval and the support of two powerful allies, Vladimir Putin of Russia, and the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Main article: Libyan War/Ambassador Stevens dispatched to give aid
Libya had been under Muammar Gaddafi since 1969. The United States broke relations in 1981 and considered Libya a state sponsor of terror after a series incidents culminating in the mid-air bombing of Pan AM Flight 103 over Lockerbie Scotland in 1988. Libya had a WMD program. Western powers laid out a series of demands to be met to re-establish normal relations. By 1999, Muammar Gaddafi had a change of heart, as aged dictators sometimes do. Gaddafi began thinking about his legacy. Did he wish to be remembered as a killer? or as someone who really had the best interests of his people at heart. This is the actual substance of diplomacy and negotiation-the job of the Secretary of State, to pursuade lunatic dictators to think about such things rather than use force in every situation. Gaddafi began complying, step-by-step, with Western demands in order to be welcomed back within the "community of nations". Gaddafi renounced terrorism and gave up his WMD. He paid reparations to the families of victims of Flight 103; he publicly condemned the September 11 attacks . Trade was restored. Gaddafi became the model that Western powers began using to encourage other corrupt dictators such as Bashar Assad or Kim Jong-il that they could remain in power, enjoy trade, and live in peace with the international community.
Then Hillary Clinton became Secretary of State. Hillary Clinton divided the NATO treaty organization against itself to organize a coalition of a few member states. President Obama, who has always been reluctant to use force, was persuaded to come along. "Humanitarian concerns" were identified, and the "values that we stand for". Gaddafi was brutally and inhumanely murdered, an eye tore out beforehand, sodomized with pipes and objects, and dragged behind vehicles while still alive in the name of the "values that we stand for". Nuclear armed dictators such as Kim Jong-un witnessed how Gaddafi had been lied to and double-crossed by the Clinton consortium. Decades of negotiation were lost with him, his father, and his grandfather, to persuade North Korea to give up its WMD, nukes and ballistic missile programs, return to the community of "civilized nations", and to live in peace and harmony by simply trusting the United States chief negotiator, the Secretary of State.
The brave new world Hillary built in Libya soon descended into chaos. The jihadi elements Hillary and Obama equipped and funded turned their U.S. supplied weapons on American territory, the Embassy at Benghazi. Our former "moderate rebel" allies -- al-Qaeda elements -- murdered the American Ambassador in much the same fashion Gaddafi had been murdered. All this was occurring on American soil only 56 days prior to the 2012 Presidential election where the slogan was "Bin Laden is dead, GM is alive, and al Qaeda is on the run." The deceptive narrative denying America had been attacked was issued by Hillary Clinton at nearly the precise time Ambassador Christopher Stevens was being viciously murdered.
The Libyan fiasco also stiffened the resolve of Vladimir Putin. Putin did not veto the U.N. Security Council fig leaf Hillary and Obama sought to give an air of legitimacy. Once the duplicity and betrayal of the U.S. State Department under Hillary Clinton became obvious, Putin moved to shore up defense of his own allies-Russians residing in the Ukraine and Crimea, and Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Hillary was the subject of a Congressional investigation after it had become evident that the deaths of four Americans during the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi were caused by incompetence and malfeasance.
Saudia Arabia and the Gulf States
- Saudi Arabia and Gulf States, human rights record. women's rights record, and donations to the Clinton Foundation
Saudi Arabia and rape victims
As Secretary of State, the Clinton Foundation accepted donations from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where rape victims are regularly flogged. In 2015, a 19 year old woman who was the victim of a violent gang rape was sentenced to 200 lashes and six months in jail after being found guilty of being “indecent” at the time of the attack. Saudi law dictates a woman must have a male escort in public. She originally sentenced to 90 lashes, however on appeal the sentence was more than doubled to 200 lashes and six months in jail after being found guilty of indecency and talking to the media.
While homosexuality is punishable by death under certain circumstances, this particular active Clinton donor at the present time is seeking to increase the frequency at which executions of gays is carried out. Social media is blamed for causing an increase in "deliberate" acts of homosexuality. As of the first half of 2016, there currently are 35 people on death row in Saudia Arabia for sodomy.
In 2009 Hillary Clinton entered into a memorandum of understanding with the U.S. Senate about the potential conflict of interest with her role as Secretary of State and Mr. Clinton actively soliciting political donations for Hillary's 2016 presidential bid on behalf of the Clinton Foundation. While working in the State Department the Clinton Foundation received millions from an organization known as The Friends of Saudi Arabia. With the theft of government records and allegations the Clinton Chappaqua email server had been scrubbed by Clinton underlings, the exact extent of a conflict of interest and violation of the memorandum of understanding at present is unclear. 
Sen. Elizabeth Warren joined in the criticism of foreign corporations who donated cash to the Clinton Foundation, criticizing "a French company", the Veolia Group, "that sued Egypt after Egypt raised its minimum wage.” Veolia contributed between $50,001 and $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation. Warren criticized Philip Morris, part of the Altria group—another Clinton Foundation donor. And “a Swedish company", Vattenfall, a state-owned Swedish utility; the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency contributed between $1 million and $10 million.
Boko Haram sex slaves
Again, this advocate of women and children's rights was asked repeatedly in 2011 to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization after the group bombed the United Nations headquarters in Abuja. Secretary Clinton's State Department refused, despite requests coming from the U.S. Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and numerous Senators and Congressmen. In May 2012, Justice Department official Lisa Monaco wrote to the State Department to urge Clinton to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization. The following month, Gen. Carter Ham, the chief of U.S. Africa Command, said that Boko Haram provided a “safe haven” for Al-Qaeda in North Africa and was likely sharing explosives and funds with the group.
Killed minimum wage increase in sweat shops
The Clinton State Department intervened at the behest of it's Wall Streetinterests to oppose an increase in the minimum wage from 24 cents an hour to 61 cents, or about $5 a day. Multinational corporations such as Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, Polo, and Levi's have been running sweat shops in Haiti and paying "slave" wages, according to the Columbia Journalism Review, because of its close proximity to the United States. The Clinton State Department involved arguning the minimum wage increase “did not take economic reality into account” but was a populist measure aimed at appealing to “the unemployed and underpaid masses.”
Responding to the Clinton State Department plea, Haiti’s president reduced the raise to 31 cents an hour or $3 a day minimum wage for Haiti's 25,000 workers in textile companies.
- The North Korean Nuclear Situation
- North Korea's Nuclear Weapons Program, Updated December 12, 1996
- Woodward, Bob and Duffy, Brian, "Chinese Embassy Role In Contributions Probed", Washington Post, February 13, 1997.
- Woodward, Bob, "Findings Link Clinton Allies to Chinese Intelligence", Washington Post, Feb. 10, 1998.
- "James Riady Pleads Guilty", Department of Justice, press release, January 11, 2001.
- "Former Democratic fund-raiser John Huang pleads guilty", CNN.com, Aug. 12, 1999.
- "The Democratic Fund-Raising Flap: Timeline", CNN.com, July 1, 1997.
- "The Democratic Fund-Raising Flap: Cast of Characters", CNN.com, July 1, 1997.
- "Campaign Finance Key Player: John Huang", Washington Post, July 27, 1997.
- "Highlights of U.S. report on alleged China spying", CNN.com, May 25, 1999.
- Fact Check: Words of Mass Destruction, Snopes.com
- Hillary Clinton Iraq War Vote Speech. youtube.com
- Democrats who backed Iraq now dare slime Sanders’ foreign policy experience?, Paul Rosenberg, Salon, Feb 22, 2016.
- Hillary Panics As Sanders' Arthritic Fingers Cling To Her Electoral Cankles, Ben Shapiro, April 6, 2016. www.dailywire.com
- Letter from Sen. Bernie Sanders to DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, May 6, 2016.
- The media are misleading the public on Syria, By Stephen Kinzer, Boston Globe, February 18, 2016. "The Syrian war will be remembered as one of the most shameful episodes in the history of the American press."
- ISIS arming themselves with US-made military hardware to wage jihad across the Middle East after seizing weapons from Syrian rebels and Iraqi soldiers, By Ted Thornhill for MailOnline, 9 September 2014. www.dailymail.co.uk
- National Security Hillary’s war: How conviction replaced skepticism in Libya intervention, By Joby Warrick, Washington Post, October 30, 2011.
- LESSONS OF LIBYA FOR FUTURE WESTERN MILITARY FORAYS, By John Barry, Newsweek National Security Correspondent. europeaninstitute.org
- Operation Odyssey Dawn (Libya): Background and Issues for Congress, Congressional Research Service, March 30, 2011, p.3 (p.7 pdf).
- Frame by frame HD video of murdering Colonel Gaddafi (RA) Part 2, posted by Salahuddin. youtube.com
- What Kim Jong-Il Learned from Qaddafi's Fall: Never Disarm, As the U.S. tries to restart multiparty talks with North Korea, it may find that the rogue state suddenly sees greater value in keeping its nuclear arsenal, Mira Rapp-Hooper and Kenneth N. Waltz, The Atlantic, Oct 24, 2011.
- North Korea cites Muammar Gaddafi's 'destruction' in nuclear test defence Pyongyang says the fates of the late Libyan leader and Saddam Hussein show the need for a nuclear deterrent, By AFP, 2:49AM GMT 09 Jan 2016. www.telegraph.co.uk
- Benghazi raid leaves cradle of Libyan revolution fearing for its future The Guardian September 21, 2012. "There was no demonstration. They came with machine guns, with rockets."
- Ambassador Stevens Was Raped Before His Murder, Reports Claim, 2012-09-13. www.aina.org
- Here's the KEY MOMENT in Benghazi hearings - Rep. Jordan nails Hillary on LIES, posted by Pamela Geller, Oct 22, 2015. youtube.com
- Understanding The Incredible Debacle Left Behind By NATO In Libya, Posted on February 28, 2015 by WashingtonsBlog.
- Hillary Clinton: the Queen of Chaos and the Threat of World War III, by Maidhc Ó Cathail – Diana Johnstone, March 10, 2016. www.counterpunch.org
- Address by President of the Russian Federation, March 18, 2014. en.kremlin.ru
- Page, Susan (May 10, 2013). Sen. Graham: Hillary Clinton should testify on Benghazi. USA Today website.
- Hillary Clinton on Gaddafi: We came, we saw, he died. youtube.com
- Libya: Obama Admits Clinton's "Greatest Moment" Was His "Worst Mistake, Lauren McCauley, Common Dreams, April 12, 2016.
- Hillary Clinton Faces Test of Record as Women’s Advocate, By AMY CHOZICK, New York Times, MARCH 8, 2015.
- Rand Paul: 'Hillary Clinton Shouldn't Have Taken That Money' from Saudi Arabia, Barbara Boland | March 25, 2015. www.mrctv.org
- Clinton Foundation Takes $$ From Countries That Mistreat Women, October 11, 2015. www.gop.com
- Clinton's 'outrage' at Saudi rape sentence, Sydney Morning Herald, November 22, 2007.
- Conservative group claims Hillary Clinton's foundation took millions from foreign governments, Politifact: Statement:TRUE, By Steve Contorno, February 26th, 2015. politifact.com
- Saudi Arabia 'pushes for homosexuals to be executed' amid fears social media is 'turning people gay', By Rhian Lubin, Mirror, 1 April 2016. www.mirror.co.uk
- Hillary Clinton Oversaw US Arms Deals to Clinton Foundation Donors, Bryan Schatz, Mother Jones, May 28, 2015.
- Did Hillary Clinton receive donations from Saudi Arabia?, www.quora.com
- CLINTON FOUNDATION DONOR LIST RELEASED. The American Prospect. prospect.org
- Hillary Clinton took money from the kings of four countries, GOP chief Reince Priebus says, By Tom Kertscher on Monday, April 20th, 2015. www.politifact.com
- Memorandum of Understanding - Hillary Clinton, December 18, 2008. washingtonpost.com
- Clinton's foundation got millions from Saudis, Gates, CNN, December 18, 2008. Univision TV owner also gave millions.
- Gowdy: Hillary Clinton Wiped Server Between October & December 2014, On the Record with Greta Van Susteren, FOX News, 30 March 2015.
- How Hillary Clinton's email scandal took root, Robert O'Harrow Jr., Washington Post, 27 March 2016.
- Elizabeth Warren Targets Clinton Foundation Donors, Brent Scher, May 8, 2015. freebeacon.com
- Hillary Dropped the Ball on Boko Haram, Josh Rogin, [The Daily Beast], May 7, 2014. www.yahoo.com
- Morrissey, Ed (May 8, 2014). Did Hillary refuse to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization? Hot Air website.
- WikiLeaks Haiti: Let Them Live on $3 a Day, By Dan Coughlin and Kim Ives, Nation magazine, June 1, 2011.
- A Pulled Scoop Shows U.S. Fought to Keep Haitian Wages Down (UPDATED), By Ryan Chittum, Columbian Journalism Review, June 3, 2011.