I'm liberal. That's the facts.
I think I might be breaking the 90/10 rule of talk and contributions, but I just like to read and maybe point out mistakes. I don't know enought to write whole articles (except maybe a few biology ones), plus I have a severe lack of sources (I read things and remember them, but not where they were or what book it was). Plus I have a slight fear of all edits being bowled over as I am liberal.
A Response to "Liberal logic"
1. No one needs to experience something before criticizing it. Heck, I criticize that whole speaking in tongues deal, and I can assuredly say that I have never spoken in tongues (beyond my own will) 2. I can say this only, logic stems from personal experience. 3. I don't want censorship of intelligent design, I just don't want it being taught in a public school's science courses. As for the silence from ID people, I haven't seen it, they seen to be very vocal in their attempts to place it in schools' curriculum. 4. I don't think people switch in the first place (people are going to be gay, once they find out about relationships, they will know their sexual preference), but I guess someone could go from claiming to be homosexual to claiming to be heterosexual. 5. I'm assuming that it is referring to the Bible, I would never, ever use a work of fiction to back up my claims. The only exception I might consider is if I was talking to a Christian I might use some of it's pieces against their argument (fight fire with fire). 6. No. Just no. Global warming only causes warming and in some circumstances really out of the ordinary weather phenomenon. 7. Isn't that what this whole response is about? Anyways in mathematical logic the if/then statement is true when both statments are false, the conclusion is true when the condition is false, or if both staments are true. The only time the if/then is false is when the conditional is true and the conclusion is false, and when the entire statement is false, it cannot be applied. 8. This just doesnt make sense...but I like it. 9. Liberal behavior? I really wish I knew what that was. 10. Well, Bill Clinton's misconduct can be forgotten about now as he is no longer in an office, but Ted Kennedy's behavior should be looked at. Although I really think people should vote on the issues with only a small consideration of action. Some actions though should be looked at more, particularly ones that show characteristics that would affect the ability to govern. 11. Perfectly valid question. For example if I asked "If a study showed that marjiuana used stopped all cancer growth, would you legalize it?". Questions like this show how radical a person is (i.e if they said no the previous question I might question their reasonability). 12. Have no idea. 13. Everyone has free speech, conservatives, liberals, nazis, feminists. As long as its not excessively obscene. 14. Once again there is confusion between "censorship" and "separation of church and state". If Christians want to organize a pro-ID parade go ahead, but ID should not be in science classes. 15. Let me put this forward. Celebrities are morally and culturally isloated people. They usually have terrible morals, have no idea what its like to live like real people and their children will either be the most deplorable celebrity type, or reject all of that and move on. 16. The whole abortion-breast cancer thing never seems adequetly presented to me. I have seen studies to support it but too many against it. 17. Impoverished people generally will not become dependant because the money handed to them is not enough to support any reasonable lifestyle, and most of the people in those situations want better ones and will at least attempt to work for it. 18. (WORK IN PROGRESS)
A List? Lets
- Commie? No. Socialist? Yes.
- Gay? No, Are homosexuals people too? Yes
- Do people that want to be together have the right to be? You better bet.
- Do I trust Richard Nixon more than Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush combined? Spot on.
- Atheist? Not really, but I'm not a theist (we can't possibly know if God does exist, so I don't bother)
- Are theists better people than atheists? No.
- Are atheists better people than theists? No.
- Anti-corporate? America is being raped of its hardwork just so the greed of a few people can be fullfilled
- Environmentalist? Affirmitve
- Global Warming? Is it hot in here?
- EnvironMENTAList? Not about the environment.
- Animal Testing? Only if it is reasonable (we just can't feed 'em uranium)
- Should we talk to our enemies? Believe it or not diplomacy prevents wars, which saves peoples lives.
- Is the War in Iraq a sucess? Was Vietnam a sucess?
- Is Iraq as bad as Vietnam? Just give it time.
- Did America screw up? It did, and will.
- Did America do good? Put my money on that.
- Should every American trust the government 100%? If you want to be under a new Hitler go right ahead.
- School vouchers? All it will do is make the problem someone else's (i.e. not the government)
- Universal Health Care? No person should ever be denied necessary medical care, no matter the cost (as decided by a doctor not an insurance company)
- Is there a liberal bias in the media? Yes (a wee bit)
- Is America more liberal than most people are willing to believe? Its true.
- Do I hate most people in my age group (14-25)? Must destroy, youths of America.
- Do I hate most people in your age group? Most likely.
- Why do I hate everyone? People just can't be decent to one another anymore (just go for a drive and see what I mean)
- Affirmitve Action? Only based on income not race.
- Every man has some credit to his name no matter how evil, vile or wicked.
- Best plan for America now? Legalize marijuana (lower prison expenses, increase revenue with a tax).
- Am I a pot head? No.
- Guantanamo Bay? It's an American gulag.
- Is/was North Korea more dangerous than Iraq could ever hope to be? Yes.\
- Are lobbyists DESTROYING MY/YOUR/OUR AMERICA? IF THEY AREN'T THEN GEORGE WASHINGTON WAS NOT OUR FIRST PRESIDENT!
I really think that no woman should ever have one, I do suppose it is their right to do so. This abortion should only occur within the first trimester (the first three months). A woman should be able to decide if she is unable (economically generally, although if her life just does not permit it would be acceptable) to have a child in the first three months. An item I totally disagree with is the destruction of one of two twin fetuses in a woman. That is just wrong and could have serious psycological problems on the surviving child. My theory is that if you want one child you can have two (or three). Of the methods I know the partial-birth abortion is easily the most vile act one could perform. If I was the doctor or woman I don't know how I could live with myself. The only good news is that these types of abortions make up a tiny percentage of all the ones performed.
To put it frankly, great place to be. In about 300 years we, as a nation, have accomplished as much (and more) as any other nation on Earth. Sadly, though, this includes crimes and injustices. For example, the Invasion of Iraq was wrong, Vietnam was a waste of everything, the Spanish-(Cuban-Filipino)American War was an imperialistic adventure, the internment of Japanese people in WWII was wrong, Guantanamo Bay is just an American gulag, and our government is in the pocket of lobbyists and corporations. On the good side though, everyone is free do what they please (as long as they don't infringe on others) and if something is unfair they have the right and ability to challenge it. Our founders were good and wise men (although they had their flaws [coughslavescough]) that created a government based on a document that could be interperted based on the times, a living document if you will. This is not to say that that document didn't have some parts that were written with the time period specifically in mind. Those parts were written as the situations they represented appeared as if they would be around forever (i.e. slavery, or the need for guns).
I am an atheist. I have been looking into the subject more and more, and I have found out many things. For instance, the main purpose of having a god is to explain creation (or some other fact). Now bear with me, black holes are the only known entity that naturally (we do it unnaturally) that decreases entropy (all experiments point to a universe that tends to increase entropy). These black holes will continue to grow as they consume matter (and energy), eventually they will begin to swallow everything, and later, themselves. So, after an impossibly huge amount of time (in our sense) they black holes will condense into one singularity. This singularity, having reached critical mass (all of the mass conceivable), explodes, creating the Big Bang, thus starting the cycle. This has far reaching consquences including, the fact that the universe is infinite in time (it always has existed and always will) but finite in matter (the Laws of Thermodynamics remain constant, as there is no reason to change). If this universe is infinite in time, this must mean that God could have had no involvement in any of it. Also to say one can not possibly be moral and not be religion is total slander. Man learns how to treat other men from experiance and hard coding, not from what an arbitrary concept says is good and right. This may seem like I'm playing both sides of the issue, but think. There are going to be some naturally evil people that are just going to be that way, no matter the environment (the opposite also holds true, good people can come from bad places). But a bad person can be treated to become a good person (most of the time). No matter what you think, this is what I believe. I will not try to convince you to believe it and I expect the same in return (although questioning why is not outside my boundaries).
And Now For Something Different
And now for something completely different. My Saracastic Take on The Conservative Take On Public Schools
- Our public schools are just factories of evil. Every day they churn out millions of mass murders with their atheistic ways. Take me for example; junior in high school, everyday I make constantly immoral decisions like helping someone who dropped their books, complementing someone on their class project, or congratulating someone on their test grades. No doubt that these terrible misdeeds were caused by the public school system and not poor-parenting or mental issues. None of these kids will have any future at all; look at my 3.96 GPA or 4 scheduled AP tests this year.
Just Look at Some the Nuts Produced by Public Schools
And the list just goes on. But seriously public schools does not create or teach morals, like the media does not dictate what we think about an issue (only what to think about), our home environment does that.
This is at the bottom for a reason. I'm a history geek. I know a crap load of random stuff for no reason. I'm a fan of classic rock. The new crap is just random noise. The Beatles and The Who are my two favorites, although Creedence Clearwater Revival is up there too. I hate people in my age group (14-25). We are terrible people (not that anyone else is really) I'm a gamer. Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike, and SimCity are my favorites. I'm uber pumped up for Spore though. Pretty shy guy. Don't talk much (except to my friends). I maintain several close friendships but few acquaintances. Making fun of me just makes me laugh. I am pretty funny and I think everything is funny or if its not I can find something that is.