Vijaya Gadde (b. 1974 India) is the former chief censor of free speech - specifically targeting conservatives, at Twitter under Jack Dorsey and later Parag Agrawal. Her role included handling what Twitter called "harassment, misinformation, and harmful speech". Gadde has been accused of meddling in the 2020 United States Presidential Election and affecting the outcome. She is considered by many as an extremist threat to democracy.
Political candidates were subject to shadowbanning while they were running for office or seeking re-election.
Elon Musk has criticized her in the past, accusing her of blocking the NY Post’s Hunter Biden coverage even before the Twitter Files revelations.
She broke down in tears in April 2022 when addressing colleagues about the future of Twitter once Musk moved to takeover the company.
Gadde was singled out in the explosive censorship of the Hunter Biden scandal Laptop from hell.
In 2021, she earned at Twitter $17 million in salary.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Victor Nava, Who is Vijaya Gadde, the Twitter exec involved in censoring Post’s Hunter Biden laptop bombshell?, NYPost, December 3, 2022.
Twitter’s former top lawyer Vijaya Gadde was singled out in an explosive Twitter thread on Friday by independent journalist Matt Taibbi, who purportedly obtained communications between top officials at the social media company in the wake of The Post’s October 2020 story on Hunter Biden’s abandoned laptop.
“The decision was made at the highest levels of the company, but without the knowledge of CEO Jack Dorsey, with former head of legal, policy and trust Vijaya Gadde playing a key role,” Taibbi wrote after reviewing internal company communications for a report he dubbed “The Twitter Files.”Gadde has long been derided by conservatives as the company’s “chief censor.”
- ↑ Jonathan Turley, Musk strikes back against Twitter 'deep state,' fires James Baker, Fox News, Dec 7, 2022.
...Vijaya Gadde, Twitter’s former chief legal officer who was the key figure behind the company's notorious censorship system.
- ↑ Elon Musk on Twitter: "@DavidSacks As @bariweiss clearly describes, the rules were enforced against the right, but not against the left" / Twitter. (Dec 8, 2022)
- ↑ 
- ↑ Ian Miles Cheong on Twitter: "So here’s a question for @elonmusk and @bariweiss: were any political candidates — either in the US or elsewhere — subject to shadowbanning while they were running for office or seeking re-election?" / Twitter
Elon Musk on Twitter: "@stillgray @bariweiss Yes" / Twitter (Dec 8, 2022) .
- Libs of TikTok on Twitter: "Wow! Elon confirms that Twitter shadowbanned and suppressed tweets from political candidates while they were running for office. ELECTION INTERFERENCE!  " / Twitter.
- ↑ Joseph A. Wulfsohn, Elon Musk reveals what led to Twitter suppressing Hunter Biden story in 2020, Fox News, Dec 2, 2022.