The Weekly Standard was a neoconservative, Never Trumper weekly magazine published by MediaDC, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clarity Media Group, Inc., and made its debut on September 17, 1995. The magazine was edited by Stephen F. Hayes, Richard Starr and Fred Barnes, co-host of The Beltway Boys on Fox News. It was generally considered to be one of the top three right-leaning publications, along with William F. Buckley's National Review and the American Spectator. It featured writers such as P.J. O'Rourke, Irwin Stelzer, Charles Krauthammer and Michael Goldfarb. Bill Kristol was a co-founder and editor of the magazine.
TWS Fact Check
TWS Fact Check is associated with The Weekly Standard and joined Facebook's network of fact-checkers in 2017. It is a signatory of the International Face Checking Network, which Media Bias Fact Check uses to determine factual reporting for outsource reviews.
- About Us, The Weekly Standard, Accessed September 13, 2018.
- Nolte, John (December 5, 2018). Nolte: Conformity Killed the Weekly Standard. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Caplan, Joshua (December 14, 2018). Weekly Standard to Shut Down. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- Rodrigo, Chris Mills (December 14, 2018). Weekly Standard to shut down. The Hill. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- Mass, Warren (December 17, 2018). The Weekly Standard, the “Neo-con Bible,” Ends 23-year Publishing Run. The New American. Retrieved December 18, 2018.
- McManus, John F. (December 21, 2018). The Weekly Standard Folds; Good Riddance. The New American. Retrieved December 22, 2018.
- Gstalter, Morgan (December 15, 2018). Trump praises closure of Weekly Standard: 'Rest in peace!' The Hill. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- Miller, S.A. (December 15, 2018). Trump takes parting shot at Weekly Standard, its never-Trump editor Bill Kristol. The Washington Times. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- Nolte, John (December 15, 2018). Nolte: Donald Trump Mocks ‘Pathetic’ Weekly Standard. Breitbart News. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- How to Tell If an Online Article is Real, Fake or a Scam, The Mac Security Blog, September 7, 2018.