World History Homework Five Answers - Student 19
1. Islam's lifestyle has the "Shariah", where things like alcohol are banned. Christianity allows things like these, but does not approve it. Islam is very military, they choose to expand by force. Christians primarily do not. Islam originated after A.D. 600. Christianity began before Jesus was born. It most likely started to spread around 300 B.C.
- GOOD UNTIL THE END. HOW COULD CHRISTIANITY HAVE BEGUN BEFORE JESUS WAS BORN? THAT IS NOT EXPLAINED BY YOUR ANSWER, OR WHAT THE BASIS OF THE 300 B.C. DATE IS. (-1)
2. Chivalry perhaps originated under the influence of feudalism. The social understanding between male and female is more then respectable. It influences consideration, and simplicity. A modern example: Mormon lifestyle. Basic Christian roots, and focuses heavily on family and community.
4. The Medieval times, A.D. 400-700. The "Dark Ages" as described, was a period in time explained to not of achieved many things. I personally find the term "Dark Ages" fitting. Of course some things were accomplished, the extent of development in the era was minor opposed to previous times.
- "NOT OF ACHIEVED" -> "NOT HAVE ACHIEVED". GOOD ANSWER OTHERWISE.
6. Charles Martel personally saved Christian Europe from invasion. But his Grandson, Charlemagne was King of the Carolingian empire.
- GOOD, BUT INCOMPLETE. THE ANSWER SHOULD INCLUDE SPECIFIC REFERENCE TO THE BATTLE OF TOURS (AD 732). (-1)
7. The "Pillars of Islam". A set of five rules which Muslim lifestyle chooses to abide. The Pillars consist of things like daily prayer, fasting and pilgrimage.
- THE LIST OF PILLARS SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE "SUBMISSION TO ALLAH." (-1)
11. It seems as though Islam is more then a religion. When Islamic parents raise there children, they're not just influencing religion. The belief system itself requires complete submission. Islamic lifestyle demands the person to obey certain rules. Prayer is required daily, fasting is expected the whole month of Ramadan. More often Muslim people grow up around this religion, it's not as much something that you convert to like Christianity (I'm not saying that you have to grow up as Muslim to be Islamic). They're five pillars that strictly bind an Islamic person to Allah, and that's what the Religion demands them to do.
- GRAMMAR: "THEIR", NOT "THERE" IN YOUR SECOND SENTENCE. OTHERWISE YOUR ANSWER IS GOOD.
- TOTAL SCORE: 57/60.