World History Homework Six Answers - Student Ten
March 11, 2009
Homework Assignment 6
1. The middle ages lasted from 500 A.D. to 1500 A.D. The Crusades occurred during 1096-1291.
2. Chinggis Khan along with the Mongols conquered the largest contiguous region in world history from 1206 to 1227.
3. France and England were able to establish nation-states. Italy and German were not able to establish nation-states.
4. I like the Goth architecture the best. It has so much detail embellished into it, and there are many windows to let light in.
5. The Kingdom of Zimbabwe lived mostly on its trade. It main trade item was gold. They believed in using slaves. It is said that the Zimbabwe’s treated the women better under there tribal customs, then Muslim’s do today.
6. I like the fact that Scholasticism united opposing groups. It brought together the classical philosophers with medieval Christian theology, and it brought the realists and the nominalists together.
7. The biggest effect of the Crusades was the killing of men, women, and children. It was two religions trying to destroy each other. People avoid using the term Crusades because they may offend someone. Mostly the Jew’s. The Jew’s have been hated almost since a little after Jacob and Essay were born. They have been one of the most abused counties in the world.